It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is strange that you brought this up. My daughter today told me that just before she goes to sleep she sometimes heres people talking. She says in her jargon, "Its just jibber jabber, but they are talking."

I had no idea what to say about it because she is not one to make up things like that. She actually asked me if I ever heard it. (I don't)

I just told her not to worry about it and if she can make anything out try to remember it so she can tell me what they are saying.

Strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by special

I agree with you on this, it happens "on & off" for me- I usually wake up straight away as it startles me, some have been clear words, others garbled.. In Btwn -Interesting thread..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Also see pictures of places as well as faces, I guess it all ties in with entering the dream state as well as including the astral realm.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow! This has always happened to me. I remember hearing these "voices" when I was little. I use to get so freaked out by it. I would be half asleep I guess you could say and then I would hear them. It was like a faint whisper and sometimes it was clear. I couldnt really make out what they were saying because like you said it was many different voices and sometimes I couldnt understand what they were saying. I would jump up and ask my sister if she heard them. She always looked at me funny so I just stopped asking. Now when I hear them I just ignore it and go to sleep. I have no idea what I am hearing at times but it is interesting. Glad to hear I am not the only one!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have experienced this as well...and i've always blown it off because i think im just dreaming, but last nite i stayed out of town at this old creepy ranch for the forth of july(and off topic swear it was soo old and haunted) but anyways i started falling asleep but maybe after a few minutes started hearing a woman talk from a far distance, and then it was close. She was having a conversation with somebody else...her voice was very raspy like shes had years upon years of smoking cigarettes to perfect it. Her exact words were "Its a wonderful thing"...and the other voice in a faint whisper said "its great" and then the raspy woman repeated "a wonderful thing"...for some reason i decided to tell the voices to shut up out loud and i couldnt get the words out...i straight up heard myself struggle out a mumble. My boyfriend was right next to me, and i grabbed at him to wake him up to hear these ladies but he just thought i was acting crazy....but this isnt the first time this has happened to me....i think my more serious story was a time my best friend stayed the nite at my house and i heard a voice that was speaking in spanish or latin and it was such a scary voice, it sounded very evil...i of course thought i dreamt it, and kept on with my sleeping but my best friend shot up, freaking out and was like what in the heck was that...and she described the same exact creepy voice that i had heard...sooooooo, does anyone have an explanation for that one...cause i don't...and its something i always wonder about...scared the crap outta me....and when we heard this voice it was so close it couldve been in the bed in between us...i mean it was like in my ear.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I can recall similar experiences but not for a few years now. I would either hear sounds like a crowd at a sporting match (almost like a tv was on in a nearby room) or the sound of rain (when it's not actually raining), usually it would be a discussion of maybe 10 - 20 people in a room (possible a large hall because of the slight echo) but I could never work out what was being said.

This would go on for a long time keeping me awake for what felt like hours and fully aware the whole time.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Sorry I will go back and read the whole post... But do you see places and people?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
so no one ever addresses you? is this correct?

[edit on 7/15/09 by rezial666]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spyeye

do you ever remember a happy dream? maybe when you dream you shld know you are in a dream...

If it looks ugly... i turn to the beach

Sun... Sand... Waves... and... lots and lots of ever loving sunshine!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Hi there lee,
There is another post here that is similar to this one of yours where I explained what happened once to me:

"a strange whisper voice"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The difference is that when this happened to me, I was awake, but relaxed. Might or might not be the same thing you're experiencing.

[]'s

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by declassified

Hi declassified,

Yes, I know what you're talking about when you say you can see multicolored forms (like lava lamps) after a while. My personal technique to astral travel includes getting the body relaxed then getting to the point of seeing these colored lava lamps around the mind's eye, then you just watch - don't try to control them, make them change colors, etc - just watch them without judgement... then after a minute you'll "slide" out of your body!

[]'s

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, here are my experiences with hearing voices, it has not been very often, only about 3 times but the first time back in I think 94 I was sound asleep around 5:00 in the morning when I was woken up by a loud voice in my head that said "there's going to be an earthquake". I lay there completely stunned wondering what the hell it was. I am not sure if it was a male or female voice, but it was clear as day, spoken right in my ear but like inside my head. Then like 2 minutes later my phone rings and it was a good friend of mine in Los Angeles telling me they just had a huge earthquake. I was in shock. I did not even tell my friend because I thought he would not believe me. To this day I wonder why on earth I got that message and who it was that gave me the message. It wasn't like there was anything I could do about it. I never had any other experiences like that for years other than several times I had dreams about earthquakes only to wake up in the morning, turn on the news to see that there was a big earthquake somewhere. I dreamt about the Indonesia earthquake and tsunami the night before and woke up in the am to see it all over the news.

Then just this year all of a sudden a had several strange things happen. I have just been going through a difficult time due to a breakup with a boyfriend that I have always felt was my soul mate. (long story but he broke my heart for the third time in 15 years). Anyway, one night I was lying in bed asking myself if he would ever come back into my life and as I was starting to doze off I heard a voice inside my head say loud and clear "Not Him".
Around this same time maybe a week before I was also lying in bed about to doze off, asking my self this same question "will he come back to me?' when all of a sudden a got a vision flash in my head. It was like a black movie screen with the words "NO" in white letters. Around this same time I also had a couple of other visions which freaked me out which I don't even want to talk about but I cant stop wondering where did these voices and visions come from? Whenever I have heard the voices they seemed to be speaking directly to me with a clear message, not just random voices like a lot of other people hear. I have been trying to experiment with asking questions before going to sleep to see if I get anything else but so far for the past month or two I haven't been able to get anything. Very strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wanted to add a few things.

I do have these voices. I'm going to make a post later today detailing a similar experience, but don't want to hijack this thread. So watch for that. For now, I will say that the chatter I hear sounds very loud, and it sounds like people in a crowded room. Sometimes it's only one or two people. Sometimes it sounds like hundreds. I do see faces with them. Sometimes the faces look like people I know [only once or twice]. I normally don't recognize them, or the language.

Regarding asking them for help. I have done this. During a particularly bad time in my life. I asked for help. I kept getting the feeling that I had four spirit guides and I won't detail their personalities here. But I asked them what to do about X and all I got was that I was going to learn 12 lessons. I asked what the lessons were, and here's what I got. I got these vividly, I was sure it wasn't my mind.

woe/grief
despair/acceptance
opposing forces
resplendence/repugnance
proportion
fear
ascension
balance
guilt
rational thoughts/discernment
death/loss
healing

It's been two years since I heard that 'talk' and I must say that it has certainly proven true. I hear the voices. Sometimes they frighten me. Normally it feels perfectly friendly.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I had this when I was around 4. Then we moved away from the City and it stopped. I think you are receiving rogue electromagnetic broadcast through the electrical grid. See Robert O. Becker; his books warn against the possibility that your brain can receive toughts and voices through 60-cycle radio broadcast or electrical grid.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A couple of times in the morning time, I was so sleepy that I was falling in and out of sleep (I was only falling out because people began talking very near to me). I do remember clearly waking up for the final time, and I was sure that I could still hear their conversation in the dream I just was having.

I have also experienced a couple hallucinations, and I believe only one or two of the times I was on an anti-depressant which may have been the cause of them. But anyway, one was only auditory- I heard someone I knew telling for her kids in the street right in front of the house(I was near the front door). She had come over a few days earlier, but she was no longer there. The second time, I was watching a news reporter on my phone. My mind followed her lips and made up what she was saying, and I could hear it. After that, I realized my volume was ALL the way down. The third time I was vacuuming in the dark(dont ask) and I looked over into the hallway and saw a lady's legs and feet walking toward me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join