It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Cause Chaos in The UK - Brits Suspect Invasion!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by digdeep

Originally posted by beefeater
reply to post by Frank Warren

here is a video of the light and a news report

www.youtube.com...

probably just lanterns

now we all need to examine this without bias and see what we can glean from it...and please, no more lanterns, weather balloons or satellites.

Why? you can't discount them explanations just because they happen a lot.
The lights in that video display all the characteristics of lanterns. I'm not necessarily saying they are lanterns, but surely that's good enough reason to keep the lantern possibility on the table?

The thing that p*sses me off about the news report on the video and all other news reports is how they play the goddamn X-Files music in the background. It's so patronising and no one can ever take the report seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have this funny feeling that sceptics and debunkars kinda declare some sort of victory when something is debunked, and it also feels like that when one sighting is debunked than automatically every sighting that have been or is occuring are just as false.

I am not saying you are assuming this, but it sure feels like it.
I am a strong believer that every sighting has to be dealt as it's own case.
Even if sightings look alike or move alike we can not assume that it is the same object/phenomenon.

With this I just like to point out that, don't take for granted that ever "orange orb" are lanterns. Many of them seems to be lanters but some seems to have different elements, like movement, hovering etc.

I'm not sure, I have never made one of those ( and will not do it either ) but if you manage to get a simple bag to fly with heat from a candle, shouldn't they go..up and up.....and up??

They shouldn't travel in a straight line on the sky, right? At the same altitude I mean. As far as I know, a balloon never travels totally horizontly unless the heat inside the balloon are adjusted while flying.

So, I am not gonna deny the bags and candles, but I am for sure not gonna categorize every orange orb as one either.

My point of view.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Brilliant, the DALEKS are coming.

Anyway David Tennant will save us.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by krestan]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I take it the star is a tabloid?
At any rate I know that it was later reported that they were garden lanterns however you should never accept anything without proof be it the sighting or the debunking of it. And facts.. why are they always so lacking in facts and details?

I have a friend that lives in Manchester I am going to ask him if he saw them at all and what he thought of them if he did, next time I talk to him.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Dark Knight related?

I know this probably comes up more often than not but I guess that's the sort of impact Dark Knights post about lights in the sky have.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

hi all...

it's time for humanity to wake up...

we need NESARA as soon as possible imo
www.nesara.us...

www.white-knights911.net...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Alien invasion? We can only hope...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
The millitary said they saw nothing, which then alerted me to the fact that they are neglecting their duties to the nation.

If you haven't already read "Project Bluebook Exposed", you should. It does a decent job of showing how the military operates in that regard.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
So I guess the most prosaic explanation is chinese lanterns, then.

Case closed.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.... move along.....

[edit on 17-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
I am amazed we havent heard this in the mainstream yet. I wonder if there are any recordings of calls to the police, or even photos or video if as many people saw this as we are lead to believe. Maybe tomorrow morning I will hit the search engines.

well there could be several reasons why its not mainstream news lol

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
I have this funny feeling that sceptics and debunkars kinda declare some sort of victory when something is debunked, and it also feels like that when one sighting is debunked than automatically every sighting that have been or is occuring are just as false.

I am not saying you are assuming this, but it sure feels like it.
I am a strong believer that every sighting has to be dealt as it's own case.
Even if sightings look alike or move alike we can not assume that it is the same object/phenomenon.

My point of view.

yer absolutely right.. I also believe that the reason this happens.. is because of our ignorance on the subject. Because we dont know alot about UFO's and ET's especially some of the non believers.. that its all a general topic.. if one case is shown to be fake.. then they all must be because its "all the same thing"

if ya really think about it.. the "government" or "they" have had control over this lie and deceit behind it for so many years.. I dont believe for one second that they have or are losing control over "the truth coming out" if its being leaked at any speed.. its controlled.. it has to be. That's our government

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Chinese lanterns are the new weather balloons.

Exactly, most UK sightings recently have been 'lanterns', utter bollocks. The helicopter on board camera footage whilst chasing a UFO in Cardiff, was claimed to be a lantern, now either that lantern got some sort of NOS, or the police helicopter is a load of crap, since it was struggling to keep up with it.

I can't believe no one else finds this suspicious, an 'anonymous woman' explained it all away, using the same, tired old excuse they have been using to explain any lights in the sky recently, talk about group conscious, everyone in Britain recently has been making chinese lanterns for some odd reason.

I'm not saying that I know what they were, because I don't, I just find it suspicious that every 'UFO' recently over Britain, are claimed to be chinese lanterns.

EMM

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
People go buy several different types of lanterns then on a dark night go light them and send them up, they fly eratically becasue of winds at different strats, in the atmosphere, at times the lights seem to go out and then come back, and sometimes they disappear. These are nothing more than lanterns. Not long ago the lantern craze went crazy in the UK. Not to mention with all those sightings we get a few grainy videos of an orb of light, I call them "LANTERNS"

Call me crazy, i know im going out there with this one. The debunkers are going to chew me up, but its def, an alien sitting in a field somewhere lighting lanterns. They flew milions of miles to do it, must be some right of passage for them.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
"'m not saying that I know what they were, because I don't, I just find it suspicious that every 'UFO' recently over Britain, are claimed to be chinese lanterns."

That will be due to the herd mentality in the UK along with the explosion in chav culture

Once one lantern hits the national news....every shell-suited-scally in England will be lighting them up for a "laff"

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In grade school, we made tea light lanterns like that using very thin paper that we shaped into cylinders.
I'd like nothing more than to freak out all of the UFO believers by sending a few up were it not for the flammable nature of the state that I live in(Ca).
I have yet to see a UFO, myself and while I would love nothing more than to entertain the idea that either humanity posesses the knowledge to defy gravity or that ETs are checking us out like fish out of the glass-bottom boat, I can't help but chuckle at how quickly people get worked up about this...knowing full-well that there are people out there like me that will prey on your faith and beliefs.

You all remember the 4 red lights in the sky in Arizona that got reported for the second or third time in a few years maybe 4 months ago?
The day after this incident, as my connecting flight ascended to cruising altitude from Phoenix, I saw a cluster of baloons about 1000 yards off the right wingtip of the airplane.
Chances are slim that this was one of the clusters that lofted the red flares, but I did question it when I was later told that the Az prankster's baloon/flare jig was up.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a meteor shower is the best they could come up with, oh well we are all still here and no sign of being over run with aliens yet

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The first few videos look like Venus or man-made satellites. The Lithuania vids look like something more nearby that is burning conventionally, just like a lantern.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Repeats indeed are necessary... ATS is as ATS is best, sceptical across camps. Believers believe blindly, debunkers debunk inconsequentially and sceptical believers like myself sit as if watching a tennis match.
Once again Internos prove quite able at the task of investigating and delivering useful info, but too fast it is buried by circumstantial and sensationalistic events making this a lot more interesting, and keeps the hope alive that one day ("soon of course") we will have disclosure.

So we have statements about people actually seeing these homemade lanterns (no doubt made by kids who visit ATS) being sent off... but apparently that is no match against the:

"50% chance that definately maybe there's a slight risk that we might be in the off chance situation that perhaps some ufos more or less likely could have visited us and it was without almost only a little doubt those that cause orange lights to occur in the sky which most certainly could not have been explained by kids playing around as such mentioned by questionable normal witnesses to these lanterns being sent off"

I know believers want it... they ain't gonna get it. Not with this level of selfcritism and scrutiny. Eliminated all posible normal reasons first, then start discussing wether we should be running around screaming from fear.

Small note; that they even mentioned meteor showers as an explanation (authorities) kind of makes me think that the statement they made at some point that they have no clue what is going on, just might be true. I was out watching those pretty lights, stocking up on free wishes, and only once have I seen a single shooting star that moved unlike the "normal" shooting star which always seems to be darting across the sky only to burn up 1 sec after you spot it. I've also had the pleasure of seeing lanterns in the centre of London, and seen how people stand and gawk at them for minutes.
UFO disclosure will happen at the visitors leisure, not through the incompetence of so-called world leaders.

[edit on 17/8/08 by flice]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I saw my 2nd UFO about 3 weeks ago in south wales, Rhimny Velley near cardiff. It was a red orb.

My girlfriend was driving towards Cardiff when she spotted a red light hanging low in the sky just above a hill probably about 1/2 mile away. It was dark with huge dark clouds in the sky, the ufo was low below the clouds. She is a ufo sceptic. She said "look at that there", I replied "it's just an ariel antenna", to which she replied " there is no antenna there!". Suddenly after she said the light moved rapidly horizontally and then suddenly changed direction and flew off out of view behind the hill.
It was very much an orange/red orb.

OK so there are lots of chinese lanterns around which explains some sightings but they look very different to the orange orb ufo. I have seen chinese lanterns when I was at the glastonbury festival last year. They are small move slowly and generally follow each other in the same direction as the wind.
I believe the large amunt of sightings can not all be explained by chinese lanterns.

Orange orbs, which by the way are flying saucers that are outputting enough energy to make the air glow red around them. The colours change as the energy output changes, with white being maximum. THe first UFO I saw was a white orb.

I don't think the chinese lantern argument can in any way cast doubt on the FACT that there are alien spacecraft flying around in our skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join