It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Cause Chaos in The UK - Brits Suspect Invasion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Evening Forumerions,

Breaking news from the UK:

NORTHERN FRIGHTS – UFOS APPEAR OVER CITY

EERIE orange lights hovering in the sky caused chaos as terrified Brits thought they were witnessing an alien invasion.

Drivers blocked roads and people phoned the police after dozens of glowing orbs were spotted over a housing estate in one of Britain's biggest cities.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hiyah Frank

How are you? I saw this article as well, and almost posted it, I found it intriguing even for the Sun....thanks for posting it

So many calls "the police were called in" caught my eye in the story, I wonder if we have any members here that witnessed this event?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
More sky lanterns perhaps?

I don't know what else to say at the moment.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am amazed we havent heard this in the mainstream yet. I wonder if there are any recordings of calls to the police, or even photos or video if as many people saw this as we are lead to believe. Maybe tomorrow morning I will hit the search engines.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

A Greater Manchester Police spokes-man said: “It is believed the lights occurred naturally, possible as a result of a meteor shower.”

Why can't authorities ever own up and say they have absolutely no idea what everyone just witnessed? They always have to come up with at least one simple explanation, no matter how unlikely, for something unexplainable. I guess certain people need to grasp onto anything that keeps them from thinking.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Any idea as to when this event is supposed to have occurred? I checked the article but couldn't find a answer. Given the event happened at night and the article was listed as being the 16th of August I would have to hazard a guess that the event happened no later than the 14th (its a trivial story by MSM standards so they wouldn't stop the presses and redo everything just to add it in so it had to have happened before the 15th).

I am curious about the date/ time of the event as we did have a meteor shower that peaked around the 12th but stragglers would have likely still be arriving by the 14th and the early birds would have started showing up around the 11th or so.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

here is a video of the light and a news report

www.youtube.com...

probably just lanterns

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure about those being lantarns. I'm a Ufo debunker normally but when I see this video taken in Rotterdam on the excact same day, it starts to get strange..
www.youtube.com...

Edit: And things get even more strange when i discovered this movie !! When we dutchies, always down to earth starting to see Ufo's, alarmbells start ringing !

Friesland, other part of holland SAME OBJECT !!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ok, so it looks like it was the 14th and they don't have tails like meteors in the atmosphere would. My queries are answered for now, I will look into things a little further.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hi LA313!

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hiyah Frank

How are you? I saw this article as well, and almost posted it, I found it intriguing even for the Sun....thanks for posting it

So many calls "the police were called in" caught my eye in the story, I wonder if we have any members here that witnessed this event?

Anyone?

I'm well, as I hope you are . . . thanks!

I thought the article interesting as well; however, we do have to consider the source as well as the "lantern factor"; I'm sure the next 48 hours will indicate if this is/was a significant event for further investigation.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
you know, if we (ATS members) wanted to we could cause the biggest UFO scare in the history of man.
If each one of us in our respected cities each let go 25 glowing lanterns....worldwide sightings???
just a thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ah the orange orbs! I remember the same description of what I saw some years ago!

We phoned the police because we thought it was a major accident. But the police called the media and the media phoned me up and came to my house and interviewed me about it the next day.

The orange orb blocked out a full moon in brightness. The millitary said they saw nothing, even thought we have a millitary radar station close by (most of my relatives are in the millitary).

Due to the newspaper article, many people phoned me thoughout the whole week afterwards with their story. It surprised me nobody else phoned the police or military over the matter when it happened. It was so huge and looked like it would cause a distaster!

One witness also gave me the exact area where the orange orb came down and what happened to it (which i never have disclosed later to anyone for security reasons). Most people that called me lived pretty far away from me, proving the size of the object. Some reported seeing several orbs, but i only saw one. The millitary said they saw nothing, which then alerted me to the fact that they are neglecting their duties to the nation.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
you know, if we (ATS members) wanted to we could cause the biggest UFO scare in the history of man.
If each one of us in our respected cities each let go 25 glowing lanterns....worldwide sightings???
just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It's easy to coordinate activities such as that throughout the world these days using the internet.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
just a thought.

That's not even a bad idea as we would problaly ruin project Bluebeam..

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Forumerions

Well, let the invasion begin!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
There's an update on manchestereveningnews.co.uk :

UFO mystery solved
Lanre Bakare
16/ 8/2008

THE Stretford UFO sighting has been solved and apparently it was no more than a lot of hot air!

Bright orange lights appeared above Stretford on Thursday night, sparking speculation that extra terrestrials had come to Manchester.

But, according to a witness, the truth is that they were lanterns made by children out of bin bags and candles.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "We saw the lanterns coming out of a garden off Bradfield Road at about half six. There was a group of three lads letting them off and three more riding on bikes to see how far they were going. They were laughing at all the people staring."

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Awww, I wanted the aliens to come! *pout*

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Lame!

Like who does that, really... what kind of amusement could be had letting bags and candles fly into the sky, why not just sit at home and play xbox, jeeze, and to make us all wonder if those were ufo's, police should ban those lanterns, seriously a big distraction in the sky already, i'd flip out on a kid if I seen someone doin it...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
Lame!

Like who does that, really... what kind of amusement could be had letting bags and candles fly into the sky, why not just sit at home and play xbox, jeeze, and to make us all wonder if those were ufo's, police should ban those lanterns, seriously a big distraction in the sky already, i'd flip out on a kid if I seen someone doin it...

Yup they wouldnt want to let one free around me.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

Come on, it sounds like fun.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join