It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Survival Quiz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
18 out of 20. However i really disagree with some of the conclusions ot the questions.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here you go. Blast match demonstration with a liberal dose of wetfire fuel.

As you can see, it goes woosh! and starts straight off. Its well used and abused by myself on my away days.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Lloyd et al,

Here's another survival quiz I came across a few months ago. I don't know why I saved it to favorites....... precognative notion of sharing at ATS?
Sergeant Safari's quiz:

www.wilderness-survival.net...

The site itself is a good place for wilderness survival info, and is based upon the U.S. Army manual.

Cheers

[edit on 14-8-2008 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Pretty cool quiz although I don't agree with some of the reasoning. 14/20

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I scored an 80% on it. I had to think about a few of the questions, and a few of them I should've thought a lot harder about. LOL
Thanks for the link argentus

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I got question #11 wrong. I didn't pick a cell-phone as a survival tool because I can barely get a good signal in the city most days. What the hell would I think I'd get a signal in the Antarctic for? A knife is the ONE tool you can always use and MUST have. A cell-phone is a bonus, just like a rifle or tent would be. Everything else is a matter of opinion. Overall though, I thought it was a good test of general knowledge.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All that stuff depends on the typee of survival situation...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777
All that stuff depends on the typee of survival situation...

I only got nine of them right lolz well at least I learned...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I only scored a 16. But i guess the person that made the quiz is from the city and is to dependant on technology. His cell phone won't work in my neck of the woods. And apparently my flint and tinder won't outlast his trusty bic that will get ruined the first time it gets wet and rusts. I've been surviving in the woods without a bic and cellphone for thirty years.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I got a 16. lol..... I may last a few weeks tops.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

me too.....I have gone "camping" in the deep woods with a tent, bag, rifle, and water...Ok I had tons of jerky and a fishing poll.

Lighters suck. As do phones.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

I guess growing up on a farm gave me a different perspective on what i need to survive. I apparently need the wrong things.

The only thing of technology that goes with me are my weapons

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I wouldn't say this is a "good" survival quiz...
Most of the questions were made up and or there were multiple answers to some of them... Some included the correct information, but then also contained incorrect information... Not good, not good at all, should be in BTS

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I scored a measily 11. I've got a lot of work to do. I might last about 3 days with that kind of score. LOL

Thanks for the quiz.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey cool quizes.

For the first, i got 17 out of 20. For the second...
Your overall survival IQ is 86.
Your ability to stay alive is 64%
Your ability to protect yourself from the elements is 97%
Your ability to catch the attention of your rescuers is 97%

yay! i'll survive if i'm in the wild....wait, why would i be in the wild? It's not usually a place i go.
'Hmmmm.... i think i may go out into the wild today. i may go visit the bears. Haven't seen them for a while"

Just kidding

Seriously, cool quizzes though

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I got a 12, but I'm feeling better about it now that I know that other people would last about the same length of time in the wild as me. I was feeling quite inadequate with all the 16 and aboves that have popped up. Well done, people!

It told me to 'rethink that hike you have planned'. The only hike I have planned is to the beer fridge.

*rethinks*

Yeah. I'm still gonna do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
good quiz man, i think that after watching shows like man vs wild and survivorman you really learn alot about survival, if anybody hasn't seen these shows i strongly recommend them.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As with most of the readers of this thread, I have to agree that although this was a fun and great quiz, it has it's flaws. Survival depends on the situation. I've been through several survival schools in the military ranging from basic woodland survival to arctic survival taught in Alaska. From what I've learned the most important things you want are Food, Water, Shelter, Heat (And not in that particular order). Again, although the quiz was fun, it is not accurate. The questions were to vague and not situation specific.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I found the quiz a good starting point to guage the suvivalist mind, but I did find the answers to be a bit rigid. I missed a few on the quiz that were taught to me in wilderness survival in the Army, as well as by my own experiences of growing up in the country.
I like the fact that there was a generous mix of humor there too. In a survival situation, you definitely need to keep a loose mind.
Still, I have lived in cities for soo long, that I know it would only benefit me to study a bit more botany and entomology. Hunting the fur, feather and scale food sources is what I grew up on.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I only got 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!, how bad is that. I thought I knew a bit more than that but I think I've lived in an overcrowded coty for so long I forgotten a lot of things. I'm from the sticks and as kids we used to eat everything, made fires without matches and always found out way home regardless of the distance or surroundings. Nowadays I would be scared alone in the woods. Oh, the good old days.

But anyway, good quiz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join