It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else going through this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fidelios

Yes! My OBEs have been more frequent, but for some reason I don't have as much control as I did a few years ago. Although I didn't know they were OBEs then. I really enjoyed the info I got about them from William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body" and "Secret of the Soul", very in depth and informative. Not only for OBE's, but the meaning of life as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is a great thread, I understand and relate with where all of you are coming from. I awoke from my sleep at the beginning of summer, but have been in and out of "sleep" for many years now. This what I have figured out so far, learn as much as you can about whatever it is you are now interested in. So many subjects that I've never been into are intriguing to me now, like world history, ancient civilizations, electromagnetism, mathematics, music composition, string theory, cellular biology... etc. The more research I do the more connections I find, EVERYTHING is connected. When researching I sometimes feel echoes of the past, somewhat like we've done this all before, like watching an old movie that you've almost forgotten about, but not quite. Fragments of disassociated memories, sometimes in dreams as well. It's gotten so strong lately. I definitely feel a culmination of something on the forefront. As far as what I've chosen to do with this new clarity, Like I said learn as much as you can, treat everyone you encounter no matter who they are, with respect. Try to do something good every day. Help people, everything counts big and small. Work on being creative, find a hobby ( everyone has something that they've always wanted to try... do it... now!) Enjoy the company of true friends and enjoy nature. Combine what you already knew with what you are now learning, and don't get too stuck on the doom and gloom, worrying is what brings you down. Hope this helps. Spread the word, there is more of us than you think, as I have have felt, and this thread confirms.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I notice a lot of you are saying you feel "something", but are unable to describe it. And indeed, I know of many a things I know I will never, ever be able to describe here on this earth. Things that have no words, things that have no language we understand. What I can do for you, is paint you a story, one that I feel describes how I feel we're at with whatever is happening pretty well.

Imagine there is only darkness, and soul.

Now picture that soul as a tiny ball of light, in an infinite sea of darkness. The darkness is full of pain, fear, disgust, doubt, and anything we would associate with Evil. Imagine from the soul's perspective that it is alone in this vast empty sea of darkness, writhing in pain, afraid, feeling lost and alone, overcome with sorrow, surrounded by the darkness in all directions.

This soul is not alone, it is just lost. There are many more of it's kind that cannot be seen. these souls are aware of their lost brother, and seek to rescue it. But the lost soul is so far gone, they cannot reach it alone.

Deeper and farther into the darkness this one soul is, further than any other has been. To get back to it's kin, it would have to endure pain a thousand times as has ever been felt, and endure more tribulation alone than the other souls could fathom. But if the soul will but go half way, help will be able to guide it the rest of the way. And if this one soul survives, it will be stronger than any other.

This was the story I was shown. We may not be that farthest soul, but it is a great example of how strong we need to be, collectively and individually. Let us be as strong as that one soul.

If there really is something happening, something that evokes us like an ancient call to our spirit, then are we not all well placed to do whatever it is we must do? Surely none of us wants to do anything alone, but we are not. Here we all are, we are able to see that we are not alone, that there are other people that feel exactly as we do, and yet we are scattered across the nation, across the world.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread thus far, I believe we have something here. Also, in before this gets moved to skunk works

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

Wow, I had the same idea about moving away with an x- boyfriend. I sometimes want to move to a beautiful, seclouded island where it is just me and him basically, no bad influences and those animals you were talking about.LOL
And I also had a spiritual awakening, starting in 1998. Unfortunately I got forced into the part of the hospital which is known as the "Loonie Bin"LOL
It's very tough to live in this world sometimes and to be unique or have odd experiences. But I think society is changing a bit with regards to that. They'll see one day...I mean look at Albert Einstein, everyone used to think he was crazy and look at what his achievements were.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mushninja

Hey I am curious, but what do you mean by mirrors seem to be a problem? I mean I used to draw spirals all the time but I don;t know what you mean by Vortex.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I love the convenient rationalizations. Bad sHrooms lol. Anything to not admit others are experienceing things you arent. If im not aware of it , it must be dilusional.

Lets lump em all in the crazy bin....how nice and easy that is. Cuz we cant explain why 100's of millions around the world are having the same things happen. lol. Yes, theres at least 10 million in america at opening or on the boarder....maybe more. Andd as it increases the dominos are falling faster.

So, beware my friend.......the crazies are taking over the world!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Good thread, hits a note as I am going through what you are feeling, sensing, as well.

Ive tried to put words to the feeling and thoughts and the best i can come up with is this. : Imagine you are reading a book that you have been told to read, but you dont want to because you have no interest in it and its 3000 pages long. You attempt to get into it a dozen times but your attention is to easily drawn to other things. After a while you reach page 20 but by this time your reading words and not taking any of it in so you put the book away, but every week or so give it a glance, pick it up and thub through it.

One day for no apparent reason you take it and read to page 200 and even manage to retain 50% of the information or plot-line. YOU ARE INTERESTED ! but you dont know why?

Eventually you reach page 2500, the book has changed your perception on how you viewed the book way back at the beginning. It has changed you, but you dont know why.

This probably makes no sense at all, but i think thats part and parcel of what this is all about.

It takes you years to read it

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
To be honest with you what your experiencing may simply be enlightenment. Understanding your consciousness and your being in the world. In martial arts, I understand it to be called focus. I have meditated in many different ways for long periods of time and meditation is hard for a person like me. I strive to understand my consciousness because to me it is to be enlightened. It serves as a form of motivation. And to understand your existence to me is to unravel your consciousness. Light becomes brighter, chemicals react in your brain. It's almost as if your mind has the potential to do this naturally. As a philosopher, I find this idea captivating. Enlightenment is the key to our existence, to understand it is to understand our existence. Seems like a bunch of new age crap but to be honest it's something I can feel, it has texture and it's real. Being able to implement philosophy into that has changed my way of thinking and believing. And if you think the world is changing, and ready to strike out I don't doubt it. Even the people of the world are in closer danger of destroying themselves then they ever have and they don't even realize it (or care).
But I do believe in extraterrestrials, and I do think they control much of mankind. I have my reasons for this. And honestly, I don't think they care in the least what happens to us. But there may be something of much interest here for them. I think the bible may hold some of those secrets, among rich men. It obviously keeps me awake at night, but sometimes you just don't stop thinking. But if you do, you might stop realizing. Come to your own conclusions, but happiness is truly up to the individual. Now your capability of happiness, totally a different story. Just try to be as happy as you can, or find a way to somehow. Just a little solace and some piece of mind wouldn't hurt.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I went through something similar just short of 1 year ago. It was all weird and I was given information in the oddest ways. I literally thought I was going crazy. It started out with a totally random "vision" for lack of a better word. The odd part was after studying a bit, what I saw there is not all that uncommon. That only happened once and while I was aware when I responded it was as if it wasn't actually me doing it, but like I was watching me do it.

After that I would have I would have a random thought, mostly about consciousness, philosophy and general understanding of things. But then what made it weird was that it would be repeated to me in a completely random source the next day. I particularly would notice little random bible quotes that I suddenly recognized the truth in. A good bit with the things Jesus said. I had long dismissed such religions, but here it was smacking me straight in the face - but not in a way I had ever heard at church. And it wasn't like I was reading the bible and learning, but rather I was learning and then seeing it repeated in the bible. Most of the time when I would have a thought sent back to me it wasn't bible related, but those for some reason struck me the closest. Sometimes it would be a completely random thing, just 1 sentence I would hear out of many. Truly amazing, and it all seemed soooo crazy. Consciousness is the biggie.

All in all I came to understand the purpose of evil and that keeps me from being afraid. That it really only exists to teach and show me what the good is. I realized that good and evil is alot like hot and cold. I realized that we could never tell the difference between hot and cold if both didn't exist. That it is the differences in things that allow us to understand things. That while I could always be good, or be evil if you don't understand both of them then you can't have true free will.

Combining that with the knowledge and understanding of consciousness and how it's not tied to the physical and then it's not so scary at all. A nuke could drop on my head and I'm not scared.

In the end I consider myself to be at school. So I just kinda watch and learn.

Oh, and it's not really something you can give to people. Because you can only tell them the knowledge, but knowing it isn't the point, the point is to understand. And you can't force someone to understand. They have to do it themselves. But I have found that in general getting people to ask themselves basic questions such as "What is consciousness", "Why do we speak of our body's as a possession if we are the body". etc. Rather than trying to tell people information and knowledge, try to get them curious and get them to ask questions that will unlock and open doors to their consciousness. I tried to just tell people and failed miserably outside those who were already open-minded. People don't like to be told, they like to figure things out on their own in their own way. So posing questions I've found is the best way. Even then there is no guarantee.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The litany against fear is an incantation spoken by fictional characters in Frank Herbert's 1965 novel Dune, and its sequels, in order to focus their minds in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Being a philosopher means you ask questions like "Is there a God?", or "Why are we here?"

[edit on 08/11/08 by freakngeckos]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hi OP =]

So did you also get the feeling that there was some good people or force coming to our aid as well?? I sure as hell hope so...

And er in what exact terms do you mean "there is evil all around us"??

Just trying to make sense of things

And sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered - i have only skimmed through..

Thanks! xD

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When you have a moment please take a look at this it confirms that your not going mad and this will prove it. Personal account of waking up

This was the first thread I wrote when it started to happen to me in it I explain what was happening to me. I no longer receive short bursts of information instead it is now with me constantly whenever I wake up to when I go to sleep. Hope it helps

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I know all about forces gathering against one. It's not a happy place. I had a 100 thousand dollar savings a year idea I projected pulled out from under my feet.
Yep, know all about getting rolled over the barrel. It happens. I don't think it is exclusive to you.
Happened to my father too at Chevy. He had an idea in the 70's to recycle scrap copper. Put it in the suggestion box and saw the supervisor get the glory.
Sometimes the tolls in life. Physically and mentally can add up to the point where it overwhelms. It's never the one big thing. But a cacophany of buggering things that can make someone feel they are losing it.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 8/14/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I stopped believing in coincidences.

Yesterday I prayed to God for the first time in my life, during sitting zazen, which Ive done regularly for some time now. Today this thread pops-up.

I registered just now, although Ive been reading ATS for some time.
I hear you man, same sentiments here.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i must agree that some people are waking up......but the sad thing is 75% or more of ppl are caugh the wake of a dream

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
sounds like another sheep has finally awakened. No more herding around the paddock. Join us brother.. hahah jokes. Anyways great to hear that you've joined this site and now active. I've had an awakening experience similar to yours but my one was probably last year.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mushninja

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago which followed the same line except I was more interested in how the average person now seems to be bullied and harrassed by those in charge. Seems to me that our governments are going out of their way to create the right conditions for anarchy and mass civil unrest. With the ridiculous cost of living, the alienation of our youth, the constant threat of what I believe is government sponsored terrorism, and spy, sorry, surveillance cameras watching my every move- it's little wonder that a lot of us feel we're under psychological (and sometimes physical!) attack... My advice. Keep your head down, mouth shut and hope that they don't single you out for "special" attention. There's revolution in the air and I can see big trouble ahead.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Distractions4Nothing

Yeah those could be metaphors.. in this case they're not though. They are as real as you and I. From the outside looking in things are real easy to rationalize, but from the inside looking out... things are real blurry and it's hard to tell which way is up and what is "real". Defining "real" brings up a whole new set of issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

Oh I have no question about the "Elite" knowing exactly what they are doing. I'm curious if there are any darkworkers on this scale though. Are there darkworkers waking up like there are lightworkers waking up is my question. This isn't all a conspiricy... it's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

ROFLMAO!!! I wanted to say something to AlienJ... I just couldn't get the words out non offensively. Good job! I too love how people that haven't experienced or can't explain something write it off as impossible and not probable. Yep we're all knuts. All of us. This isn't the only sight full of looney tunes though... I've been to several others. You right... better look out the crazies are coming to take over the world with hope, faith, light, and love. Man that's a scary day coming. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join