It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Deception of Mankind

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

The great deception in the Bible is the deception of man believing that something other than his own choices can save him from eternal damnation. Aliens are no more responsible for us than Jesus or God. They've done their part. It's our turn to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't know what the greatest deception of mankind is, but the greatest deceiver I know is Jesus. You can fool some people some time, but you can't fool all the people all the time ....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

The great deception in the Bible is the deception of man believing that something other than his own choices can save him from eternal damnation. Aliens are no more responsible for us than Jesus or God. They've done their part. It's our turn to figure it out.

Is that not what we are doing? Working it out for ourselves? Listening? Learning? Because you are right, that is the answer! You have to work it out for yourself!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

I totally agree with you on this. I have thought for many years that the "UFO's" were part of Satan's plan of deception. The bible says that in the end times that frightful sights and great signs from heaven would be evident.
This prophetic play is getting ready to begin..

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Your theory has one thing going for it - Occam's razor. I have long said that there are only two explanations that work for everything that's out of place in this world. One is the theory that there are other dimensions and that all of these things come through portals, doorways, or rips into our dimension. The other is that they are all the servants of the "Devil" being sent to deceive us and turn us away from God and religion. Either theory can easily explain everything: UFOs, aliens, lake monsters, Bigfoot, all cryptids, ghosts, poltergeists, "alien" animals, Fortean phenomena, etc. etc. And, of course, Occam's razor (paraphrased) says that the simplest explanation is most often the right one.

If they're all demons though, Satan sure must be bored, and be a very creative being. Why come up with all these different types of phenomena and entities instead of just a few, or even one? Why crop circles and alien abductions and black panthers in England and ghosts in abandoned lighthouses and so on and so forth?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. History, especially the history of religion, and specifically the Christian religion, tells me that it is about control. Pagan holidays were absorbed, converted, and then the original holiday was made "evil." People were excommunicated and worse for believing in scientific theories that the Church didn't agree with (such as, oh, .. the Earth is round and revolves around the Sun instead of the Sun revolving around a flat Earth). So it makes perfect sense to me that the Church attempts to explain all of these things that might otherwise cause us to doubt God and Christianity by labeling them as the works of the Devil, who is always trying anything he can think of to keep us from salvation and lead us to hell.

By this "logic," anyone who considers that an alien, or a ghost, or a Sasquatch, might be what it really is instead of being a demon in disguise, is endangering his or her immortal soul and giving up a cushy spot in the afterlife. Yep, that'll make you not want to investigate any of those things too closely. And that's the point - the Church is afraid we might actually come up with evidence that counters doctrine and points to the Bible, and therefore the Church, not being infallible or absolutely right about everything.

Didn't the Pope recently say something about it being okay to believe in aliens and that when we make contact we should accept them as our brothers and sisters in Christ? Hmm.. sounds like the Church is getting worried that disclosure might happen soon and it could lose a lot of its followers if they don't somehow manage to include aliens in the religious doctrine. How does that fit with your theory that the aliens are really demons?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Didn't the Pope recently say something about it being okay to believe in aliens and that when we make contact we should accept them as our brothers and sisters in Christ? Hmm.. sounds like the Church is getting worried that disclosure might happen soon and it could lose a lot of its followers if they don't somehow manage to include aliens in the religious doctrine. How does that fit with your theory that the aliens are really demons?

Even the very elect may be deceived. One must in the final analysis be responsible for ones own self. Not leaning on a "religious leader" or anyone. Trusting only in God and prayerfully seeking what Frances Schaffer refered to as true truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Your theory has one thing going for it - Occam's razor. I have long said that there are only two explanations that work for everything that's out of place in this world. One is the theory that there are other dimensions and that all of these things come through portals, doorways, or rips into our dimension. The other is that they are all the servants of the "Devil" being sent to deceive us and turn us away from God and religion. Either theory can easily explain everything: UFOs, aliens, lake monsters, Bigfoot, all cryptids, ghosts, poltergeists, "alien" animals, Fortean phenomena, etc. etc. And, of course, Occam's razor (paraphrased) says that the simplest explanation is most often the right one.

If they're all demons though, Satan sure must be bored, and be a very creative being. Why come up with all these different types of phenomena and entities instead of just a few, or even one? Why crop circles and alien abductions and black panthers in England and ghosts in abandoned lighthouses and so on and so forth?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. History, especially the history of religion, and specifically the Christian religion, tells me that it is about control. Pagan holidays were absorbed, converted, and then the original holiday was made "evil." People were excommunicated and worse for believing in scientific theories that the Church didn't agree with (such as, oh, .. the Earth is round and revolves around the Sun instead of the Sun revolving around a flat Earth). So it makes perfect sense to me that the Church attempts to explain all of these things that might otherwise cause us to doubt God and Christianity by labeling them as the works of the Devil, who is always trying anything he can think of to keep us from salvation and lead us to hell.

By this "logic," anyone who considers that an alien, or a ghost, or a Sasquatch, might be what it really is instead of being a demon in disguise, is endangering his or her immortal soul and giving up a cushy spot in the afterlife. Yep, that'll make you not want to investigate any of those things too closely. And that's the point - the Church is afraid we might actually come up with evidence that counters doctrine and points to the Bible, and therefore the Church, not being infallible or absolutely right about everything.

Yes, lol! The Roman Catholic Church! Not Christ!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by DarksDeception]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

No that isn't what we're doing. I feel the same way about this as I do about people who believe aliens will save us in the event of nuclear war.
It's just another plot of man to remove his own responsibility. It is another example of how blind humanity is to the real evils rather than the ones we look to in order to destroy ourselves or absolve ourselves. Every device, aliens and religion, is useless.

We have wars, famine, criminals, disease, economic disasters, natural disasters, ideological warfare, social unrest of every kind...We have so much to work on here, now, on this Earth, in this time. Why do we need to create more deception? Where do you suppose that'll lead? The problem with prophesy is that it tends to manifest itself before anything actually happens in the minds of those who believe those prophecies, they will do whatever possible to make it happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

No that isn't what we're doing. I feel the same way about this as I do about people who believe aliens will save us in the event of nuclear war.
It's just another plot of man to remove his own responsibility. It is another example of how blind humanity is to the real evils rather than the ones we look to in order to destroy ourselves or absolve ourselves. Every device, aliens and religion, is useless.

We have wars, famine, criminals, disease, economic disasters, natural disasters, ideological warfare, social unrest of every kind...We have so much to work on here, now, on this Earth, in this time. Why do we need to create more deception? Where do you suppose that'll lead? The problem with prophesy is that it tends to manifest itself before anything actually happens in the minds of those who believe those prophecies, they will do whatever possible to make it happen.

Very good point!

WE should not neglect our first Love, which is all mankind! And we should also not neglect deception which will make the first worthless and void!

Thats my opinion my friend! Its not one or the other, its LOVE! TRUTH! Its all things conected, through love and conciousness!

And what do you think the great deception would be? Funny! "aliens say the same"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

What's really funny is that if aliens do say the same about us, it would lend more credence to the idea of an all connected universe. The whole idea that we all live in the same place but are somehow not connected at all is just preposterous...

Conscientiousness is wonderful and all but one must know what to be conscience about...Otherwise it is wasted effort.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What's really funny is that if aliens do say the same about us, it would lend more credence to the idea of an all connected universe. The whole idea that we all live in the same place but are somehow not connected at all is just preposterous...

Conscientiousness is wonderful and all but one must know what to be conscience about...Otherwise it is wasted effort.

Yes it is a wonderful thing!

But Satan, wanted to be God! He imitates God, on a parralel, beyond faith! Is this not what the good grays do and say? But also show there are bad aliens as well! Think about it? They would have to!

Evil in the ranks of evil, so you will believe the lie, of good aliens!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Im sorry, as I said, "I'm not very good with words!". I mean to cause no offence, and i know what I am trying to say, but I know I'm not very good at this, so sorry!

The greatest deception of all would be: "Love and careing, within the ranks of evil, but also evil to compare this deception, within itself"

The great deception, is so real in todays world, because of the incredible pain within this world!

Christians, almost pray for war! Because they want Him to come! WHY?

So much pain in this world!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
it was a good post, you realy put some effort in it and i am flagging it but its not my belief at all

i dont believe in god, i dont belive in satan, i belive in myself!!! but i for one have no right to ridicule somebody elses beliefs, if you belive in it with your heart, more power to you. we all will find out when we die, hopefully a long time from now.

i do belive in ETs and UFOs. for me the evedence is overwhelming, just look around your houses at the electronics equipment and the cars you drive. computors are getting faster and faster everyday and i realy think that ETs had a great deal to do with that, or at least there re-engineered technology

look at the way we lived our lives 100 years ago, yea we think thats a long time but just look at other cultures in our past, romans,greeks, egyptians, just to name a few. they spanned HUNDREDS OF YEARS!!! at least but the modern world has been here for, well, lets say since the age of discovery.....400 years?? the USA has only been around for 232 years, thats a blink of an eye for history and just look at the world now (yea its very screwed up but thats for another post!!) dont you think we had a little help in getting as far as we have??

our government, and others have kept ETs a secret for there technology, it may have not started out that way but humans are incredibly greedy, we see dollar signs, money,money, money!!!! a ufo crashed at roswell in 1947, the remains were taken to wright paterson AFB in ohio and dissmanted and studied, bell laboratory is near that AFB. a couple of years later one of the greatest "inventions" in the modern world of electronics came out of bell laboratorys the common transistor, it revolutionized the electronics industry, before that radios were very big and bulky and this little piece made them all compact.....this was not an "invention" it was stolen from an ET spacecraft...do i have proof, no

i belive that not all technology was or has been released for the public, there is radicaly advanced stuff still to be "invented" but we as a culture arnt ready for it...........yet!! it has to be worked into the public in a way the the modern person will accept it. right now stuff is way to advanced ie. i-pods,cell phones,.(maybe its just me getting old!!LOL)

i know we , the USA, has a radicaly advanced power supply that can power your modern avarage home........for at least a year.........for pennies!! but if they relesed it to the public, it would cause so many problems for our society our enconomy would realy go into the toilette cuz it would eliminate hundred of jobs and companys throughout the world

one of my good friends works for a research and development company near los angeles, and the stuff he claims goes in and out of that place is incredible!! that company recieves government grants to find uses for different technologys (one example is the use of your mind, thought processis, to controll a modern automobile) he was told when he got hired, not to ask any questions just do what your told!!! so he does, but he does get a little drunk and starts talking then shuts his mouth and changes the subject, is it all true??, i belive at least half of what he is telling me is true

as for aliens being demons or part of satan, my common sence tells me no!!! and it gets very dangerous talking that way because now you fear them and humans fear what they dont understand and can get violent. so maybe the human race isnt ready for the the big "alien comming out party" but one day a craft will crash somewhere and the government wont be able to cover it up!!! like near hollywood calif, then the paparazzis will have all the pics you want to see and everybody will know it wasnt a "weather balloon"!!!!

well thats just my opinion and MY belifs, is the right one? dont know

be safe people

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You're wrong. The elect can't be deceived - that's why they are the elect.

"to deceive the elect...IF THAT WERE POSSIBLE"

He ALWAYS sets aside a remnant who knows the true truth and this remnant will be so special to him, that he'll actually shorten the days for their sake alone - or no one would be saved.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry don't have time to read all the replies, but anyway the Vatican recently said belief in aliens doesn't contradict God. Doesn't that mean that the presence isn't necessarily bad. Can't we believe in both. Personally if there is a God I certainly hope humans aren't the only form of "intelligent" life he created.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by viperdaveas for aliens being demons or part of satan, my common sence tells me no!!! and it gets very dangerous talking that way because now you fear them and humans fear what they dont understand and can get violent. so maybe the human race isnt ready for the the big "alien comming out party"

And if i have ever done anything good in life, let it be this!

Yes, be affraid indeed of the deception! Thats what i'm trying to do!

Yes, the lie is very dangerous my friend!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Sorry don't have time to read all the replies, but anyway the Vatican recently said belief in aliens doesn't contradict God. Doesn't that mean that the presence isn't necessarily bad. Can't we believe in both. Personally if there is a God I certainly hope humans aren't the only form of "intelligent" life he created.

Oh, thats right! The vatican?

Oh yeah, the beast, surrounded by 7 hills, dressed in purple and scarlet, with gold in your hands" Whom change My laws, and times of My laws!

Oh yeah! I will listen to the vatican, lol!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

He ALWAYS sets aside a remnant who knows the true truth and this remnant will be so special to him, that he'll actually shorten the days for their sake alone - or no one would be saved.

Well, Im happy for you my friend! Can you tell me the secrets of the elect?

What He was saying was: Be careful, the deception will be great!, lol

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

You are wrong my friend! The deception will be incredible!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

I think this very true. As a little kid I suddenly became scared and ran
like lightening to where my dad was. Then years later at dusk I was sure
that I had seen a ufo..but it was not an obsession of mine so I doubt i told
anyone about it. And who would have believed me anyway. I did not
feel any fear.. never really got close enough. But I recall that it was
fore told that these LAST days would be as the days of Noah... and there
were giants and angel-demons who were chained up when they did not
die in the flood as they could exit their physical body. So a cross between
a human and a machine/animal/deomn ... is probably not all that far fetched...after all
Satan is not all- seeing or all knowing so he needs a lot more servants to do his bidding
and watching. ... and incidently the www. is 666 in Hebrew.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join