It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so few female members - is it a conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hmm I thought the numbers would have been more 50/50. Many of the women I know here are sometimes hesitant to post unless they get mad or are passionate about something. They don't seem to want to rush out and make a fool of themselves like us guys.

I dig the women of ATS, we should do a calender.
Please excuse this comment, I'm only a male and have all of the obvious limitations!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well in my town majority of females of my age are dumb. they dont give a # about important things, they just care about having fun and something like that. in the other hand majority of males do exactly that too.... well, females are sensitive beings and they dont rly like thinking rationally. emotion is the key element in life of the female i should say. males in the other hand are tend to think rationally so they are more likely to get their hands on brains work. ATS demands thinking and thinking and thinking..... so here ya go

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
They don't seem to want to rush out and make a fool of themselves like us guys.

I am not sure about the fool part but I do believe women think things through more often then most men. This has been my perception at least. That would then have a bearing on posting style.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
1. Too naturally intelligent to believe in bigfoot an aliens.

2. Too naturally stupid to believe in bigfoot and aliens?

Belief in any of these subjects, is not dependant on Intellegence.

3. Too busy having a life.

Having a Life? What like everyone else on this planet? This isn't female specific - everyone has a life. Even those who LIVE on ATS have lives....Mostly.

4. Does the female brain lack higher cognitive functions?

I've yet to see proof that the male brain has higher cognitive functions thatn a female. Until then - I'm a firm believer in equality. I don't believe a female brain is lesser cognitive than a male brain. Both brains have the ability to learn and absorb information - some just know how to organize it better. Intellegence is not Gender specific.

5. Government manipulation of female DNA.

As in - all females are test-tube babies, and have their DNA manipulated to deter them from sites like ATS?

6. Are they all aliens?

Of course. It's a conspiracy against the Male Population.

-----

There are females kicking around here - but - You will never know the exact number. Many people who post here want to be anonymous. They want to be unknown. There are members here, who if you cross paths on the boards enough times - you start to construct a face, and a voice, and a gender, and an age. Sometimes you're right - sometimes you're not.

For a long time I didn't want anyone knowing my age or sex, as neither of these factors are relevent to the quality of my posts.

When it comes down to it - this is the internet. We can be whoever we want, from wherever we want etc. On the internet, I don't have a face. I have a couple letters for a Screen Name. But the point - is that It just doesnt matter what gender the members are - we're just people all here for the same reason.

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by roxaz

Well I don't know what town your in or your age but to say that these females are dumb is most certainly not the case. I do agree with the emotional part, Emotions are what drives most of us, but that does not mean that we are not rational. I read ATS everyday and I have not been a memeber that long. In my case I don't post that often, but I love reading post and hearing others opinions. In this case I do not believe there is any kind of conspiracy, I just think these things do not intrest as many females as it does males. But as the days go on I do see more and more females geting interested in these topics.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Conspiracy? No.

More like, great minds think alike.

Most people who don't bother to check my profile probably think I'm male. In fact, I know they do because they refer to me as "he" or "him."

And unless I feel that it's important (or could give me a slight advantage by embarrassing them
) I am generally content to let them think so.

Why? Because, as some in this thread have already demonstrated, inaccurate female stereotypes are still prevalent enough to where many men will not take a female seriously.

Would the men who have debated me in various topics have treated me just the same if they'd realized I was a woman? Maybe .. I'd like to think so .. but maybe not.

So perhaps there are more women on here than you think, they just aren't
'fessing up. And I wouldn't blame them for it; I get tired of being assumed to be dumb, ignorant, illogical, uneducated, etc. etc. just because of my gender too.

(edit to correct spelling)

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Heike]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've been on several forums on the interwebs, and it has been a fascinating experience, all the different points of view, all the crap throwing...

and every once in a while the question shows up, it doesn't matter the kind of forum either: How many women are they???

Why the question, why the interest, why do we have to know? i mean what i like in a forum, is the free social interaction, just the ideas behind the users...
the cloak of anonymity if you will...

So I'd like to ask?
why the need to know? is it for some kind of macabre sex ritual of the occult?

interesting...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw how many females are on here, and usually at least one or two post replies to most topics.

There's still alot of lame gender roles in some areas so I imagine that has something to do with it.
Alot of females (i'm from the country so I can only touch on that) are raised to play with dolls, worry about how good you cook, how clean the house is and finding and keeping a man, then popping out babies.
Most of my cousins don't even understand what the nwo would be, let alone go online to a forum and chat about it.
I was raised by hippies instead of the more religious types like my aunts and uncles. So I knew about some of the stuff to be interested in it.

Maybe if these things were more in the public, less online then more people in general would be interested.

Really though, I love shopping, love malls, getting nails done, doing my makeup (mac of course) and hair done, worrying about boyfriends, figuring out what shape my face is so I can have the best hairstyle (which I can't figure out so if any girls out there wanna help..u2u) , and then go ufo watching or reading about conspiracies and such. ^*shrug*

I think it comes down to what your exposed to and whatever floats your boat.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ummm! Hello? It's because you hang out in forums and that tends to me male dominated. Most women don't care to be hit on all the time and tons of men do this in forums. You hate spam well women hate sifting through junk pm with every guy hoping that he has made a new female friend.

Plus all the one's that have social issues tend to have problems with women, therefore they flame and attack those who they think are of the opposite sex.

I try to leave them alone and have respect, but don't get me wrong there are just as many women men haters as the men, they just aren't browsing the internet. Most are browsing the local pub/bar looking to find some guy to financial take advantage of and turn him into a sucker.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There are FAR MORE females here than when I joined a year and a half ago.
And quite a few of them wouldn't bat an eyelash at debating with any of the males here.
Of course, why does it really matter?
Any reason why you pointed this out?
I'm female, and ATS is my second home..my friends..and my family.
Besides, I have always felt more comfortable around a group of guys anyways..especially smart ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hmm, so the actual number is 1 in 5, I'd surmised even lower than that, more like 1 in 10.

Here's my theory.

To make accusations of a conspiracy, government cover up, aliens, big foot, chemtrails, the Dulce complex, AIDS, Montauk Island, Area 51 etc etc etc you have to open yourself to confrontation, hostility, and potential public humiliation.

Women are simply more sensitive to those issues than men, so they avoid being placed in that situation in the first place.

An even more specific question would therefore be "how many female members have started their own threads"?

Those who avoid confrontation tend to jump on the bandwagon rather than stick their neck out with an initial posting.

The human condition, fascinating huh.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Na, I don't believe it is a conspiracy, I think us guys just have a lot more time to sit here and rant on about nothing!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Hmm, so the actual number is 1 in 5, I'd surmised even lower than that, more like 1 in 10.

Here's my theory.

To make accusations of a conspiracy, government cover up, aliens, big foot, chemtrails, the Dulce complex, AIDS, Montauk Island, Area 51 etc etc etc you have to open yourself to confrontation, hostility, and potential public humiliation.

Women are simply more sensitive to those issues than men, so they avoid being placed in that situation in the first place.

An even more specific question would therefore be "how many female members have started their own threads"?

Those who avoid confrontation tend to jump on the bandwagon rather than stick their neck out with an initial posting.

The human condition, fascinating huh.

Nothing like stereotyping. This is ME..sticking my neck out..and I don't give a DAMN about confrontation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And the cherry on top...

My stats:
Threads Started: 143
Total Replies: 4,422
Applause: 57
Flagged: 310 times

Am I bragging? Hell yeah! I have a right too.
Perhaps you need to read the posts of more women on the boards.
Sonya would make you run crying for mommy in a debate.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

So much for theories.

I'll throw a few of mine out there...I don't want to leave AD out here by herself, although she can certainly take care of herself. Not nearly as impressive as AD's stats (you go girl) but I'm proud nonetheless.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

My stats:
Threads Started: 57
Total Replies: 999 (who's gonna be my 1000th?)
Applause: 22
Flagged: 100 times

Time to rethink your theory.

I may not be the smartest or the most confrontational poster on the boards, but that makes me no less a valuble member of ATS. Truth be told, I get enough bickering and drama at home with the kids....raising them in this thing we call a real world and I DO tend to stay away from most of the unrealistic, ego stroking threads that quite frankly don't ever solve a thing. But hey, if people walk away from those feeling better about themselves and their 'vast amount of knowledge' then that's great.

Rush

edit to fix the cheer that wasn't cheering.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I dig the women of ATS, we should do a calender.

yes. we should.

jskljdflksjflkdjfldkjflkdjfklsjflkjflkjflkjlkss (now it's not a 1 liner.
)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think I've fixed the problem.............

(all in good fun-loving) Rush

Disclaimer: this is not a real demographic, just a possible glimpse into the future. Mods, can't fine a girl for dreaming, can ya?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
according to some data i've seen , supposedly there are 4 o 5 women per male, that means that when the pole shift comes, more women will survive the apocalypse just by numbers...

as soon as the apocalypse passes, we will see women being the majority in ATS ...

what conspiracys will women come up with in a female centric world??? i'd like to see that.

Men want power above all else, what would women want calling the shots?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
Females are not really raised to follow these topics, especially in the US.

Plus, male interest in these topics are pushed further from our escape from the BS most girls like to talk about.

Just how we despise most news pundits. But then again, girls can be very intuitive, and realize ATS can be overwhelming, so they rather look pretty and continue on with their life.

Anyways, if you need girls there is plenty of websites for that.

Good gawd, you cannot be serious!! Females in the US are not "raised" to follow these topics????

What cave did your pull this obviously ridiculously stereo-typed viewpoint out of?

I bet if the owners pulled the data out, there are way more quality threads being posted by ...GEE...girls!!

I hope your vapid caveman viewpoint was meant as a joke, if not....HAVE HIM SHAVED, BATHED, CASTRATED and brought to my rooms!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join