It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so few female members - is it a conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I suspect
that, that 21% are the most exceptional females of this world

And yes, Females can LOVE ATS and LOVE shoe shopping.

Just sayn'

And I like what you're sayin'. We certainly are exceptional!

And I'd like to think that we are BETTER shoe shoppers because of ATS/BTS. I mean with Asala's inspiration, how can we not be?

Rush

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No conspiracy here. There are plenty of women. And we dont tend to make an avatar or a username that would indicate it, cause it doesn't matter. As for women being too busy raising children and being in the real world, to spend time on ATS....

There are loads of men I've met here who have children and families too. What it comes down to is personal interest for the person. If something is important enough to you, you make time for it.

I know there are a couple girls("women"?) here, who use their own picture as their avatar, all made up and photoshopped, to get attention from the male users. I think those ones are just looking for acceptance and attention, personally.

But I have come to think that most women in the real world ARE too busy going with the govt agenda, and creating groups like MADD, and religious groups that look for things they can consider a danger to children. All with the intent of passing more bills that take away rights from the rest of us.

Yes, I think most women in the US are in on a huge agenda/conspiracy, and they don't even know it.
example:

-Oh we SHOULD ban violent movies/music/video games or it will make my child violent.
-We SHOULD ban guns, otherwise my child may get shot by one someday.
-We SHOULD ban all drugs or my child might end up a druggie who dies from an overdose someday.

And it goes on, and on....
Men are too busy enjoying their gun and other personal rights, than trying to take them away from others.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 13-8-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's kind of funny (and bit embarrassing) when people make assumptions about gender based on avatars. If you're really curious, there is a BTS thread about the women of ATS - kind of a roll call if you will. Sorry, can't find the link, maybe someone will post it for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Erm... Why are you calling us all "except one member" stupid and sexist? From what i read apart from one or two members nobody was stupid and sexist. Besides, most of the members who replied in this thread are females.

You're bothered by sexism? Do what i do. Ignore it. It will get bored and go away.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe the purpose of the post was to have the female members identify their self. I suspect many of the female members might consider this and compose their posts so that it wasn't obvious.

The possibility of a conspiracy can be found in just about any subject.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think the real conspiracy here is that the long excepted stereotypes of women still have not died away. I am female. I despise shopping, own 2 pairs of shoes, don't babble on about "female" things and participate in ATS because I like to know all view points (critical thinking) rather than being fed my position on a subject (Drugs, Guns, Video Games, etc)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As I was getting ready for work, I pulled up a browser, and was immediately bombarded by a perfect example of what most women, NOT on ATS, are interested in.

Here you go:
Fashion First: Michelle Obama vs. Cindy McCain ("First Lady of Fashion", "Who's The Best Dressed?")
lifestyle.msn.com...

EDIT: dangit, typo

[edit on 13-8-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I have no idea if your are a native Texan, but you sound like a traditional Texas woman. Glad to hear it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Maybe the purpose of the post was to have the female members identify their self. I suspect many of the female members might consider this and compose their posts so that it wasn't obvious.

The possibility of a conspiracy can be found in just about any subject.

Well I guess I fell for that, hook, line, and sinker.
I think "Wakingup" has a lot to learn yet !

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

I agree to this one

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Ever noticed how few women make posts on ATS?

Why would you think that is, are they:

1. Too naturally intelligent to believe in bigfoot an aliens.

2. Too naturally stupid to believe in bigfoot and aliens?

3. Too busy having a life.

4. Does the female brain lack higher cognitive functions?

5. Government manipulation of female DNA.

6. Are they all aliens?

How say you regards our strangely biased membership.

So, why would a thread questioning the numbers of female members on ATS bring up higher cognitive functions, female DNA manipulation, (and as to that last one, really?)??!!
Are you really trying to start something here?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It would seem that an entrance survey here might be more accurate if people couldn't easily hide their gender personality type. I suppose a person could be profiled individually in some ways by how they answer threads and which ones more often. How many here have to log on and off because they aren't at home or on their own computer?

There seems to be plenty of topics here for everyone. I see no reason to count heads here in a possibly discriminatiing way. This isn't a personals ad site for dating. Try there and ask for women with the same interests.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Born and raised...and I was just trying to think of any woman I know that would care which possible first lady had better fashion sense! Hopefully this is not what most women are concerned about and only what the media wants you to think we are concerned about.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

Erm... Why are you calling us all "except one member" stupid and sexist? From what i read apart from one or two members nobody was stupid and sexist. Besides, most of the members who replied in this thread are females.

You're bothered by sexism? Do what i do. Ignore it. It will get bored and go away.

I did not call any member stupid or sexist, I pointed out that this thread has stupid and sexist posts in it. Sexist is no better than racist, but if this were a racist thread it would be closed by now.

My personal preference does not come into it -many posts in this thread ARE in breach of ATS's Terms and Conditions - full stop.

If you want to be ignorant of the posts in this thread that is your choice. But the mods should have stepped in as this thread makes a mockery of the so called motto of this forum of Denying ignorance and is clearly insulting to other members.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Originally posted by Retseh
Ever noticed how few women make posts on ATS?

Why would you think that is, are they:

1. Too naturally intelligent to believe in bigfoot an aliens.

2. Too naturally stupid to believe in bigfoot and aliens?

3. Too busy having a life.

4. Does the female brain lack higher cognitive functions?

5. Government manipulation of female DNA.

6. Are they all aliens?

How say you regards our strangely biased membership.

So, why would a thread questioning the numbers of female members on ATS bring up higher cognitive functions, female DNA manipulation, (and as to that last one, really?)??!!
Are you really trying to start something here?

You're totally right Mystiq, they are looking to provoke trouble with insults about females at ATS. ATS mods should be ashamed of the way they have handled this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are on about that is so "sexist" or "racist" anywhere in this thread. It seems like you are taking offense at things that are not even offensive!

The mods are doing their job just fine, back off of them. You don't like the thread? Take a step out of it, and let the mods do their job without throwing accusations at all of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Stop the bickering and get back on topic.

Thank You.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

That is refreshing to hear. Maybe there is still hope for us all. Our household agrees with your point.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

We've done a pretty good job moderating this ourselves.
Nobody backed up the OP in a serious way and the response has clearly shown them that sexism won't be tolerated.

Who needs the mods huh?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
majoirty of women are fatistaised by the unknown and like to privatly discuss such things as ats, however, in the real world, there a normal woman doing womanly things. Women are clever and they keep it quiet, they will be a few females on here who do not like to disclose weather they are male or female because they would be jugded for been female.

The reason they may not be as many females on sites such as this is because the majoirty are to pulled in to the plastic life style

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join