It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so few female members - is it a conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ever noticed how few women make posts on ATS?

Why would you think that is, are they:

1. Too naturally intelligent to believe in bigfoot an aliens.

2. Too naturally stupid to believe in bigfoot and aliens?

3. Too busy having a life.

4. Does the female brain lack higher cognitive functions?

5. Government manipulation of female DNA.

6. Are they all aliens?

How say you regards our strangely biased membership.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
How do you know for certain how many members are female anyway?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

What lead you to this conclusion?
I have noticed many, many women on here?

Not that i am particularly bothered about gender anyway, it's more the content of the post and the opinions expressed.

I don't see race gender or whatever as an issue.

Could you please explain how you came to this "fact".

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How do you know who is male and female? You certainly can not always tell by postings and avatars.

I know many many who are females here, they just dont make it known.

No, conspiracy IMHO. Well, maybe a little.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself ....
I am fairly new to ATS and I stumbled upon this site while searching a topic of interest to me. Once I got here I read so many threads that it overwhelmed me to the point I got depressed(which now I think was only a normal reaction to all the doom and gloom). Now that that has gone away(depression) I am more able to understand what it(ATS) is about(don't believe everything you read!)
Waking up is not easy to do ! and I think there are some very intelligent women on this site !(and men) :-)
Not a conspiracy I'm sure...
I have learned first and foremost that I must believe in myself !

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We are undercover.

Because we don't want you to know how many of us there are exactly.

Because we are all alien hybrids, results of the government manipulation of female DNA.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Females are not really raised to follow these topics, especially in the US.

Plus, male interest in these topics are pushed further from our escape from the BS most girls like to talk about.

Just how we despise most news pundits. But then again, girls can be very intuitive, and realize ATS can be overwhelming, so they rather look pretty and continue on with their life.

Anyways, if you need girls there is plenty of websites for that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

I had a sex-change op that went slightly wrong...am i male or female?

[edit on 13/8/08 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Whatever you are, you're in deep... trouble...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
intuitive, and realize ATS can be overwhelming, so they rather look pretty and continue on with their life.

Anyways, if you need girls there is plenty of websites for that.

What?

I think we've already established that there are a lot of women on here?

maybe you and the OP should start a thread about the role of women in society or how women should know their limits

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Most women probably have better things to do with their time than worry about things they cant control...

Buying shoes on the other hand, is a different story

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

l

Well i've had a few problems at work and alike with looks and stares but my partner is very understanding.

I just want to lead a normal life you know?
I just don't know why people are so judgemental.... i wasn't gonna post my pic but i knew ATSers would be understanding and comforting.

Thanks for the support.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe the conspiracy is why there are so many men here!

But seriously, there's no way to tell how many woman vs men are posters here.

And, I suspect that the women here are the superior sort, you know, that can look pretty AND think at the same time - clearly multi-taskers of the first degree!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah well where there's love and understanding gender, or rather gender ambiguity in your case, don't matter that much.

Is it just me or this thread is gonna get nasty soon?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Heh. Exactly what i was thinking!

Edit: I mean this:

And, I suspect that the women here are the superior sort, you know, that can look pretty AND think at the same time - clearly multi-taskers of the first degree!

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Wallachian]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I see lots of women on here, but it's so hard to tell. I also see a lot guys assuming they're replying to another guy when it's actually a women. I get that a lot. Must be my avatar, but Nammu is a mother goddess so I thought that would've given it away!

Don't judge a person by their Avatar

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is a conspiracy!!!! ATS Gender Demographic:

As of April, 2007.

Maybe the women are too busy living in the real world, taking care of real issues and raising real children while the men are on ATS all day being paranoid and brushing up on their survivalist skills.

I'm just saying..........

Note to mods: No need to point out to everyone that I've been logged on pretty much all day for the last couple of days, ok....well, several days, I admit it. hehe

Rush

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thank Hsur for sharing that.

I suspect
that, that 21% are the most exceptional females of this world

And yes, Females can LOVE ATS and LOVE shoe shopping.

Just sayn'

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For a forum that prides itself on denying ignorance this thread is totally at odds with that goal. All I have read in this thread, apart from one member, are stupid, sexist ignorant remarks about women members at ATS. If this thread were asking about black members it would have been closed, posts deleted and points removed from several members by now. Can any mods explain to us how the offensive posts in this thread show courtesy, decorum and respect for female ATS members? T & Cs anyone? !!!! This thread is insulting to all female members (see below about Staff warnings for insulting members and not showing respect for ALL fellow members).

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Serious Offense Warnings. Circumventing the censors, insulting members, and being an overall jerk can result in more serious warnings.

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.

Also, it is worth noting that official ATS figures show that more than one in five members at ATS are female.

I really think that to offend potential female members with an offensive thread like this is counterproductive to ATS's objectives and ideals. It is a low point for ATS if this kind of thread is allowed and encouraged, as it is now.

Deny ignorance - whether racist, sexist or any other unacceptable prejudice.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

Is it just me or this thread is gonna get nasty soon?

You noticed.

It has already.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join