It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog guarded its owner for weeks after suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Dog guarded its owner for weeks after suicide

seattletimes.nwsource.com

DENVER — Rancher Kip Konig saw the German shepherd in the distance as he checked his cows Sunday in the Pawnee National Grasslands.

The dog kept running back to a partially obscured pickup and jumping into the front seat.

"I got the sense she was trying to tell me where her master was," Konig said.

Near the pickup, Konig found the skeletal remains of Jake Baysinger, 25, the German shepherd's owner. Baysinger is believed to have shot himself about six weeks earlier on the plains about 75 miles northeast of Denver.

Baysinger and the dog, Cash, left their home in La Salle, in northern Colorado, on June 28.

Konig thinks the dog had been guarding Baysinger.

"At least we know it's over now," Baysinger's wife, Sara, said Tuesday. "We'd been looking for my husband for six weeks, and this isn't how we wanted it to end. At least we can close this."

The dog had apparently survived by eating mice and rabbits, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
While I have always been a cat person until Grover came along... dogs fascinate me specifically because of things like this.

No other animal has so throughly thrown their lot with us like dogs have. Cats obviously have reservations about the deal to this day, and of our livestock. only the severely manipulated like domestic turkeys, cannot live without us.

But dogs for whatever reason have given us their heart and soul.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
they are very loyal
when u have a good connection to your dog

this is not the first story I read about.

thanks for sharing

CBx

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My dog... Grover Maxwell Underfoot the Great, prince of dogs... will bark forciously at whomever comes on the property that he doesn't know... from behind me.

Something's wrong with that picture.

God bless his furry little heart.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I agree totally, and what is ineresting to me is that dogs have been part of history and lore for a very ,very long time. They have shown with out a doubt that there can be a easy companionship between man and nature.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
will bark forciously at whomever comes on the property that he doesn't know... from behind me.

S'ok, my dog will lick em to death. She's so friendly and such a pushover. But then again, I've noticed she stood close to me and her head held high when a man across the street started coming over towards me saying he'd come into my house, etc...he spotted the dog and took off running. LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My dog... Grover Maxwell Underfoot the Great, prince of dogs... will bark forciously at whomever comes on the property that he doesn't know... from behind me.

Something's wrong with that picture.

God bless his furry little heart.

dunno but from somewhere I know that
mine is doing quite the same
as long as I am with him hes brave,but when I leave hes scared like hell from all what is moving in any ways

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It just goes to show you the loyalty and the love that these amazing animals share for their humans.

Dogs are some of the most exceptional creatures on Earth.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah I joke that scratch him behind the ear and give him a dog biscuit and you've made a friend for life...

give him two biscuits and he'll show you where the jewelry is...

give him three and he'll help you carry it out.

Not exactly a big bad dog... more like 45 pounds of fur and love.

I have never had a human greet me as enthunstically as he does when I get home... infact I would be rather worried if one did.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My personal theory is Dog's role with man is to so us the value of loyalty, protectiveness, love and, because sadly they have such short lives, they punctuate this lesson with loss. Anyone who can't have a good relationship with dogs is a worse human being because of that limitation, dog's are here to give us a fundamental link with nature and indeed with ourselves.

Cats can do the same thing, but it depends much more on the individual, as a species they seem to have a wider personality trait spread than dogs, plus it takes more time and effort to win a cats confidence. In the end they teach the same lessons but make us work harder to get them.

Both are fine species, and we must also realise that within the species there are deep individual traits. I have two dogs and they are literally as different as night and day.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While I love my cat, Smokey Stinkybutt... his loyality is more connected to his belly than Grover's is.

When you run out of food a dog will sit there patiently and wait for you to do the right thing...

A cat will consider killing you in your sleep and feast on the remains.

When I went up to Maine to visit in 2003, Grover was 2 and it was the first time we were apart for any length of time since he got me and he wouldn't eat for 4 days for sulking.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

While I love my cat, Smokey Stinkybutt... his loyality is more connected to his belly than Grover's is.

When you run out of food a dog will sit there patiently and wait for you to do the right thing...

A cat will consider killing you in your sleep and feast on the remains.

When I went up to Maine to visit in 2003, Grover was 2 and it was the first time we were apart for any length of time since he got me and he wouldn't eat for 4 days for sulking.

You named your cat Smokey Stinkybutt? lol

Anyone notice the wifes words?

"At least we know it's over now," Baysinger's wife, Sara, said Tuesday. "We'd been looking for my husband for six weeks, and this isn't how we wanted it to end. At least we can close this."

... and somewhere in the back of her mind, a strange noise... *cha-ching*

These words don't exactly paint a "grieving wife" picture, more of a "hurry up and get the report over so I can claim his insurance and will".

And cats can be loyal in their own way... like... prodding holes in your sofa, making it softer. lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Smokey Stinkybutt is a very devoted cat I must say. When I owned my own house and he went out, he would sit on my neighbors porch 2 doors up and wait until I bicycled home from work and run down to greet me.

Well I sold that house and bought a condo. 2 days after i moved in Smokey got out and disappeared for 3 weeks. I looked all over the neighborhood and couldn't find him. Well one evening late, i was riding home from work on a dark street a couple blocks and across a busy street from where I lived. I passed a parked car and this cat came running out from under it meowing at me. I picked him up and lo it was smokey.

Grover and Smokey get along quite well.... the only problem I had was before I got Grover fixed he kept trying to use Smokey as a sex toy.

Now I am about as open minded as you can get but I have to draw the line at interspecies homosexual buggery.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by grover]

new topics

top topics

join