It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dreams about war, history of psychics in family.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey everyone.

Lately I have been having vivid dreams of war. This is very unusual for me, since I really dont care for images of war, or war movies or war on any level really.

My grandmother had a cunning ability to see things happen before they actually did. There is even a story in my family about her stopping a hot iron from falling to the floor using only her mind.

Just for the record, no one in my family really believes in psychics or anything like that, so we have to be really careful who we talk to about it or we get all kinds of derisive comments about it.

I am worried that the dreams are a manifestation of some kind of a gift. I have had experiences before where I could tell someone the date on a coin without looking at it, or "guessing" someone I have never met's name. I always thought I was just lucky.

The first dream was set in a desert somewhere, I was in full army uniform and it was night outside. There were other guys in my unit standing around me, waiting for something, when all of a sudden missles/mortars or whatever you call them started falling all around us. The commanding officer told us to stay there and wait it out (for some stupid reason), all the while, guys to the left and right of me were getting hit. We didnt know where the fire was coming from and it was really dark. I turned around and hit the dirt, crawling on my elbows away from the fire. Other guys started taking cue from me and crawling behind me. We ended up at some kind of shack with a shower and a small room, but it was full of "the enemy" so we had to fight them. I killed a guy.

As soon as he died, I woke up in a sweat. ( I frequently have night sweats, so that part isnt that uncommon.)

In the second dream, I was inside some kind of building with a unit of the same kind of guys. I was dressed in the same uniform as the last dream too. We were barricaded inside a smallish room, about five of us. We had guns drawn and then opened the door to shoot. A soldier from Russia stepped in and kept getting shot, but he didnt die or even go down, he just kept moving forward, towards us. He had no helmet on, but you could see bolts on the top of his head, like it was metal or something. I kept shooting and shooting, finally, I shot at his eyes and he went down.

I dont know what the dreams are supposed to mean, If anything. But I thought they were strange since the last one was on saturday night. I dont have television at home and I didnt know that russia was at war until Monday, when I came to work and saw the news online.

~MU

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That's very interesting. I too have been having extremely vivid dreams of war and fighting in the streets. I do not watch war movies on principal, and have never been a violent person.

It has happened to me in the passed where I will have 2 or 3 weeks or these types of dreams, and something always coincides with them. I have always written it off to intuition, or the fact that I consider myself a little more "in tune" so to speak than the average person, but lately, the dreams have been much more vivid...more real.

It's a bit unnerving really

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That is exactly what is happening to me too. Strange. There was also a thread i saw on here where someone else was having really strange dreams lately too. I saw it right after i posted this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is interesting.

I have been reading more and more on this latley. My dreams recently have been quite a bit more violent as well. I would not call them "war-ish", but I am fighting something.

Is your grandma still alive? Can you talk to her about the "gift" of precognition? Personally I believe if you have a special gift, you should share it to help people.

Where the dreams modern? Or from a different time/era?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

Wow, no television! That's actually amazing!
It must do wonders for the imagination and the creativity.

I wouldn't trust anyone's interpretation of your dream. Not because they might deceive you, mostly cause it is your subconscious manifesting. If it is subconscious to you, then any interpretation would be a guess by others.

Personally, I just think you might be a hypersensitive soul. Perhaps this ability manifests itself with more ease when you are sleeping and have your filters down.

But like I said, it's just a guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah. NO TV.

Its actually because I dont have an antenna, and I dont feel the need to buy one. I still watch DVDs though. Just no TV.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Reading this thread reminded me of a very vivid dream I had a couple days ago.

I was standing in a city, and in the center of the city there was this constant barrage being fired up into the sky (at a slight angle). I couldn't see what they were shooting at... it didn't appear to shoot any aircraft but was constantly shooting in the same spot. In a short time all these different aircraft starting swarming the location and basically shut down the guns by bombing them.

What I found most interesting was that one of the jets had the words NASA real big on it. All the aircraft were different in fact. It was like they had everything but the kitchen sink up in the air to stop whatever was happening.

I rarely dream of wars, and I rarely remember my dreams so vividly. Sounds, colors, people... everything felt so real, but I was at ease just watching it all happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty new to this forum but I've also had similar dreams to MockedUnicorn of war.
First Dream takes place in an unfamiliar desert; the geography looks odd. However, I can see who's next to me and I can see myself. All of us are armed and are uniformed (armor doesn't look like common military gear). The first thing I think is "what the hell". Who are these people? and what I'm doing there?. But for some reason I'm thinking we have an aim. In the dream we are ducking and crawling behind revein's of sand. My mind doesn't grasp what's going on, and I panic. I wake up. I've had similar dreams to this varying in length and situation.
Another dream was 2 people and myself walking in a desert dressed in the same armor, just walking in the day light and a weird "circular thing" flu up, and faced us slightly over our heads. I could see some-ones face in the center of the thing, and it spoke. "IT Sounds Crazy" but, I was listening to it, trying to understand its problem. It reminded me of a big flying gold web cam, smilier to a wheel. I remember looking at the other 2 "like, What Is This Thing?".
The Last similar dream was a constant one, of running into a building (glass building, full of windows), with the same gear, a few people are with me, and I don't recognize them. I didn't know what we were try'en to do, but-we go in. Sometimes the dream very's. We gather the unarmed and barrack the building. I think we'er tying to stop something. "Yes,These are odd dreams".
Sometimes we're underground and fighting. I'm usually trying not to kill anyone. Those who we fight don't look fully alive. They're eyes look glazed, they're figures look dim. I do see color but they look dimmer then everything else in the dream...blah..blah..blah.

When I fall asleep I tend to have 3 different dreams, and the third one always seems to be fanatical or highly unusual. I do take some time to try and analyze what I do remember. Dreams of the frantic kind are more easily dealt with. By the frequency of the occurrence. Resulting in knowing what to do; similar to a video-game; and repetition. I've not yet figured out the meaning but hope to.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

People on other boards seem to be having quite a few "war" dreams too.

I think we are entering unseen before times around the world, and it is seeping into our dreams.

I do believe there will be conflicts within the U.S. by the end of the year.

top topics

join