It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Large Hadron Collider, Nostradamus & the recent Dark Sky Phenoms!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Theres a lot of Fear mongering going on about the LHC. Hell. I could say that its bad because on Aug. 8 My net cut out for a whole day!

Personaly im excited about the LHC going online... Hopefully its going to be a start of something big. If we destroy our selfs, then thats how human kind was meant to go in their steps to find God.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Oh, lovely! Thank you for the information on this. I haven't heard of it before and looks like an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey Guys! Thers no panic in Europe, no dark sky, no net shutdown etc....
Iam located cca. 800 km from Geneva and here is nothing unussual, no anomalies....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have followed the LHC from early in its development and after reading this thread I would like to add the following to this discussion.

In 1952, the US planned an 8 megaton detonation of Ivy Mike, a two-stage deuterium H-bomb. They got more than they bargained for when the shot ran away to 10+ megatons when the deuterium fused unexpectedly.

Eniwetok Atoll was partially destroyed and many more people were exposed to radioactivity than originally intended because the evac area was not commensurate with the size of the blast.

Scientists and others may insist all they like that the LHC does not endanger us. The fact is that no one can say for certain because even highly trained, extremely gifted physicists have been dangerously wrong in the past.

We are failing to learn from history as we play with this fire.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I like your bets. But I think Cern will blow itself up or just blow up all that expensive equipment. I don't think the strange stuff that is generated there has enough mass to do more than just trash their expensive equipment. If the whole thing lasts a year I would be surprised. I would take the "under" for a one year lifespan of the entire project, for a few bucks anyway.
There is a rising up
and a falling down
"they will be destroyed
by the same sin
as the Angels".
having thus spoken
the stranger left.
the soldier stood
not long contemplating
the words spoken.
presently there was a light
that appeared in the sky

[edit on 12-8-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Interesting take on the LHC, but no more interesting than all the other prophecies that have been doing the circuit over the last 2 years. What Im more interested in are the dark daylight symptoms that are cropping up. Ive got a theory on that, but thats a diffirent thread.

As far as posters saying nothing will happen to the LHC or happen because of it, I dont think we are able to say that with any conviction. Fact is we are bordering on the totally new here. Throughout history great strides have been made due to experimenting in totally new fields or pushing ideas to their limits with the help of new equipment. Alas there have been many set-backs during the progress and Im sure the LHC wont be any diffirent. The unknown factor with the LHC is that an error could be the costliest ever known to man.

Lets here it for a brave new era thanks to the information gathered by the LHC, but lets not be too quick to say its harmless and nothing will go wrong.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by captiva]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
True that, they're only in the testing stages, the thing hasn't even turned on full power yet. No point sayin this or that is gonna happen, just watch the fireworks already... if it blows up, then its yet another waste of tax dollars... if it works then good luck to the scientists who can actually get something out of a bunch of magnets all day... I wonder if they'll get braincancer with all those magnets, lol

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
PFFF B.S , I'm french and i live in eastern France 10 km from the LHC , in Ornex and NOTHING HAPPENED .... if you're bored get a grip instead of publishing such B.s ....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would have to point out that the only way a Prophet can be a real one is if they are never proven wrong. Nostradamus has been proven wrong on more than one occasion. Also some one mentioned that he died in 1566 so anything after that is wrong and false to all extents when his name is on it. Even after the person posted the death date twice people still only chose to read what they want. I have read most of this post and am going to have to see what happens the next time it fires up. But do you guys feel like there is something big that is going to happen. Almost like and hour glass feeling. With the boom of technology extremly close to taking off, it just makes you wonder what we we will be able to do in 10 years. And thoughts on the something big is coming real soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
OK , i live in Eastern France in Ornex ( 10 km from the LHC ) and i can testify that NOTHING HAPPENED , no strange noise or light or whatever , I live 10 km away from it and i noticed NOTHING like you supposedly did ( LOL .... ) so please stop publishing B.S , if you're bored get a grip or get some friends ... this topic is totally useless , as close as I am from it I can
tell you this thread has no utility . But if you like to waste your time , that's your problem ...
regards .

I don't want to disrespect anyone but I think I live close enough from the LHC to have a correct judgement about that .

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Sandia-1985]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that nostradomus predicted the end being sometime after 3036. I could be crazy, but I think thats what I read.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Totally agree this is going to be a disaster. I have felt since March that something is going to happen what I do not know but I feel that way everyday. Something is coming. Perhaps all the UFO sightings are related to this CERN thingy and they know that if we turn this on it might cause great devastation ti us and possibliy their worlds as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Where is information regarding the dark skies?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The LHC will not be the doom bringer rather, it is where the discoveries are made to create ever evolving technologies. It will indeed usher in the age of infinity.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So I have a question. Do you think the LHC has anything to do with these two posts?

Sky Went Dark for Six Seconds

The World Lit Up

I am pretty sure the "World lit up Post" was due to the gas explosion in Toronto. It is just very odd because both of these posts were added on the same date....... Does anyone think these two may be correlated?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hawking's Radiation, which is still a theory and hasn't been proven that it even actually exists, could cause the MBH to virtually evaporate. But, there's still a chance for a stable MBH to form, which of course would be subject to the earth's gravity and be pulled to the center of the earth. Which still doesn't pose too large of a threat ... that is of course if the LHC doesn't produce 1 MBH/second - like it could be capable of doing.

But, in order for a stable micro black hole to be created you'd probably need a particle accelerator much larger than the LHC.

But, remember, the predicted results from many of these experiments, especially dealing with micro black holes are based solely on theories, based on theories. So, yes there is still, even though very small, chance that it could pose a danger to earth.

As for the Dark Skies, Propane explosion and Nostradamus being related to the LHC – I'll need more proof of the capabilities of current LHC tests to effect objects or spaces thousands of miles away.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Youtube LHC Video
Part 2
Part 3

Thanks for this links .. I can also see some "connections between" some prophecies and some recent events ...
Nevertheless ... I read somewhere .

Prophecies are Warnings about the effects/results of causes/reasons.
If the causes/reasons are changed ... there are no results then ... (or changed results?)
Let's hope for the best ...

edit - deleted stuff bc of re-running re-thinking procedure

[edit on 12/8/2008 by guard]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
another star trek freak who always see fantastic things where there's nothing xD
YEAH RIGHT IN FRANCE ( im french ) WE WANT TO DESTROY THE WHOLE PLANET.... LOOL

AND OF COURSE AS IT'S SOOO DANGEROUS , WE , MAD FRENCH AND SWISS , PUT THIS STUFF IN THE MIDDLE OF EUROPE , JUST TO DESTROY EUROPE LOOOOL , MEN STOP WATCHING STARGATE , LOOK AT YOUR BRAINS NOW !!! I LIVE 10 KM AWAY FROM THE LHC AND NOTHING HAPPENS ...

maybe you should create another stargate freak thread , to tell everybody that europe will fall into a huge blackhole , god... there are blackholes and ###holes

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
IM SURE SOME OF YOU GUYS TAKE PLEASURE TO DISGUISE IN THESE STARGATE CHARACTERS AND GO TO THESE MEETINGS WITH ALL KINDS OF DORKS THINKING THEY'RE SOME SCI-FI CHARACTERS

now i bet they'll tell me " hes a disinfo agent " LOOOOOOOOOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join