It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Large Hadron Collider, Nostradamus & the recent Dark Sky Phenoms!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Let me copy these from my book since the internet fails me so.

Quatrain 6/97
The sky will burn those at 45 degrees
Fire will approach the great new city
All of a sudden a thick wall of flame will leap upwards
When they ask for proof from the Northerners.

What it actually says:

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude,
Fire approaches the great new city
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Normans.

New York City is 40 degrees, 42 minutes, 51 seconds north latitude. While it isn't wrong to write it lies "between 40-45 degrees," the claim is not precise, misleading and an obvious attempt to make the quatrain seem accurate.

In this case, a very few of these words are actually written by Nostradamus. Lines are taken from several different quatrains that have been supplemented with made-up lines by an anomomous source to make them seem to refer to the World Trade Center disaster.

[edit on 11/8/08 by blupblup]

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags

[edit on 11-8-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Trying to use Nostradamus to understand the LHC and its effects is like trying to use tea leaves to caluculate the trajectory of a mission to mars.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Trying to use Nostradamus to understand the LHC and its effects is like trying to use tea leaves to caluculate the trajectory of a mission to mars.

I believe you misunderstand what I said at the beginning of this.

I understand the LHC. Just proposing that Nostradamus might have seen it is a danger and is warning us of possible side effects of doing these experiments.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Hey i'm not trying to rain on your parade, but it's just made up.
people have added to it, even boldly and intentionally made up stuff.

look into it, seriously.
It is not real.

Years ago when i was 18, i worked myself into such a frenzy over this rubbish.
And for what?

because it sells.
Do some research....just type in nostradamus fake to google or anywhere and get reading.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Let me copy these from my book since the internet fails me so.

Quatrain 6/97
The sky will burn those at 45 degrees
Fire will approach the great new city
All of a sudden a thick wall of flame will leap upwards
When they ask for proof from the Northerners.

What it actually says:

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude,
Fire approaches the great new city
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Normans.

New York City is 40 degrees, 42 minutes, 51 seconds north latitude. While it isn't wrong to write it lies "between 40-45 degrees," the claim is not precise, misleading and an obvious attempt to make the quatrain seem accurate.

In this case, a very few of these words are actually written by Nostradamus. Lines are taken from several different quatrains that have been supplemented with made-up lines by an anomomous source to make them seem to refer to the World Trade Center disaster.

[edit on 11/8/08 by blupblup]

I personally interpreted the 45 degrees as the smoke coming off of the buildings as they burned.

Trade Towers Picture
See my train of thought?

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I understand the LHC. Just proposing that Nostradamus might have seen it is a danger and is warning us of possible side effects of doing these experiments.

Nostradamus's fame, and that of his prophecies are the result of ignorant superstition and irrational beleif. The LHC is a product of evidence, experimentation, and duplication.

Never mind, Ill leave you guys to try and create some tenous and ephermal connection between modern events and the ravings of a drug addled alchemist from the middle ages. Sorry I hijacked your thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hey i'm not trying to rain on your parade, but it's just made up.
people have added to it, even boldly and intentionally made up stuff.

look into it, seriously.
It is not real.

Years ago when i was 18, i worked myself into such a frenzy over this rubbish.
And for what?

because it sells.
Do some research....just type in nostradamus fake to google or anywhere and get reading.

Oh it's okay
everyone has their opinions and although I try to defend mine, it is just the internet. Can't really talk of this w/o being in person.

Now I demand your opinion on the LHC!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nostradamus's fame, and that of his prophecies are the result of ignorant superstition and irrational beleif. The LHC is a product of evidence, experimentation, and duplication.

Never mind, Ill leave you guys to try and create some tenous and ephermal connection between modern events and the ravings of a drug addled alchemist from the middle ages. Sorry I hijacked your thread.

Oh no, please continue. All opinions are welcome. I'm being serious here. Can't have a good theory without the anti-theory there as well!
May I also say you haven't even touched on the other 2 parts; Still have your opinion of the LHC and Dark Skies to express so please continue.

Debates arn't fun if we all just yell at each other!

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Tentickles]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

"Now I demand your opinion on the LHC!"

opinion of what?
most of nostradamus' quatrains are not his own words.

What specifically relates to the LHC?
Refresh my memory lol

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Skunkworks is reserved for this kind of crap.

You are reading my second line.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"Now I demand your opinion on the LHC!"

opinion of what?
most of nostradamus' quatrains are not his own words.

What specifically relates to the LHC?
Refresh my memory lol

The LHC supposedly creates tiny Black holes. Some scientists believe these will endanger or destory the earth.
My opinion is stay the heck away from the most powerful thing in the universe, dont create it on your own planet!
What is your opinion? LHC = good for science or danger to the Earth?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Good for science i guess.
I don't think it's anything to worry about anyway.
Physics has never been my thing, but i have read up on what's proposed to happen at the LHC and it's pretty interesting and i wish them good luck.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Youtube LHC Video
Part 2
Part 3

gogo History Channel

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The LHC supposedly creates tiny Black holes. Some scientists believe these will endanger or destory the earth.
My opinion is stay the heck away from the most powerful thing in the universe, dont create it on your own planet!
What is your opinion? LHC = good for science or danger to the Earth?

No. In fact almost no scientists beleive the LHC is a danger to earth. The "black holes" it creates are so small that light cant fit into them because thier event horizon is smaller than lights wavelength. They also only last for a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of a second.

I mean ATS itself just released a two part interview with physicist Michio Kaku, who spent a good deal of time dealing with exactly this. There is literally no chance that the LHC will be a danger to anyone at anytime. Heck, according to posci even if you were inside the damn thing you would be fine when its turned on unless the engineers somehow lose control of the particle beam.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

unless the engineers somehow lose control of the particle beam.

www.popsci.com...

what can go wrong will go wrong.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Tentickles]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

And if the engineers do lose control of the beam the radiation is contained within the LHC itself, which is specifically shielded for just such an occurance.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Interesting pieces to the upcoming tragedies we will face as a whole world. A whole world I said because no man will stand alone in the future and what it will bring.
I have had an erie feeling about all of these topics as well so for me it is not so far fetched that you could put them together.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Interesting pieces to the upcoming tragedies we will face as a whole world. A whole world I said because no man will stand alone in the future and what it will bring.
I have had an erie feeling about all of these topics as well so for me it is not so far fetched that you could put them together.

I love you right now.
I agree with your erie feeling.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It would be interesting if that did happen, just to see what would happen and to say 'I told you so.' but that's just because the satisfaction of being that sardonic only comes once in a black hole.

See what I did there?! Catastrophy joke!

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You would be better off doing a jigsaw puzzle if you want to put pieces of a puzzle together, hey at least you'll know when they fit or don't fit for sure

Nostradamus and most other prophets are jokes. They make up so called prophecies and shroud them in secrecy and allow them to be very very open to interpretation giving them a great chance of someone like yourself aligning it to something!

Here's a prophecy for you that WILL come true

In the years to come
A great fire will rain on the earth
In the depths of a cave a bear will stir
Upon this day your enemies will be shown

Of course I just randomly made that up but I'm sure most of you prophet believers will be able to link it to something because it's what you do, clinging onto the hope of something even if it's the end of the world as we know it!

I'd really love for some loopy stuff to happen because of the LHC like opening dimensions and us getting invaded by stange creatures, however I'm sensible enough to realise that, that stuff only happens in the movies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join