It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Havasu City, AZ UFO Sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
around 8-10 minutes ago, my grandma pointed something out to my mother in the sky. i rushed out into the kitched and looked out the window.

in the sky, right above the mountains was a light which was very still. i got a set of binoculars, and upon furthur investigation it was 2 white or yellow lights right next to each other. it was in the air for about 3 minutes, and then it slowely went behind the mountains...and the moment it went out of sight there was a big flash of blue/purple color where the object was. i waited a few more minutes in the 100 degree heat, and didnt see anything else.

anyone have any opinion on the situation? i will post updates if there is anything new.

edit: my grandma thinks im crazy that i think its a UFO.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Quantumleaper]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantumleaper

some people in Texas saw one just a little bit ago as well...

they are on the GLP forum right now talking about it..

(*_*)

edit=gonna go take a look

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
tonight the exact same thing happened...

tommorow we are going to find a means to video taping for taking pictures of this if it happens again tommorow night.

also while looking up into the northwest sky...there seems to be a ''star'' thats flashing blue, green, red, white and seems to be moving slighly to the right...does anyone have a clue on this?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This thing showed up again tonight and i got some pictures...they're really low quality...sorry.

i may re-hash that this object took about 25 minutes to go behind the mountains.

and these are some weird lights coming from a neighbors backyard...dont really know what to think of these

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Interesting pictures, do you have a video camera?

Did it look much larger in person?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i used my grandpa's video camera...its uses those darn thick casette looking things. it also has a digital camera feature...which is what i used to take these. theres no way to take video of this...nobody has an actual digital camera around here.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Quantumleaper]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Quantumleaper]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Interesting pictures, do you have a video camera?

Did it look much larger in person?

it did not look larger in person. the pictures justify the size the object very well.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
the object hasnt been back for the past few days, fyi.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i was out around 8-9pm in bullhead city/fort mohave down the river and didnt see anything.....DAMn!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
and after seeing the pictures, i have noticed an unusually bright starlike object in the sky lately......i dont know if it's as bright as that object, but certainly much brighter than im used to.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ahhhhhh, im seeing the same thing in bullhead now! just over the dead mountains on the laughlin, NV side!

what is it, i could see it while the sun was still out and its way too bright to be a star.....but it's stationary

im gonna go see if it's stilll there

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocean Machine

your correct it is not a star.. it is the planet venus... It shows up ..around 15 minutes after the sun goes down .. and then slowlly goes down over the horizon also.. .. I got the information at a amateur star gazing site.. .. the planet jupiter is also very bright in the southern sky.. both can be seen with the naked eye.. while it is still daylight..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
reply to post by Ocean Machine

your correct it is not a star.. it is the planet venus... It shows up ..around 15 minutes after the sun goes down .. and then slowlly goes down over the horizon also.. .. I got the information at a amateur star gazing site.. .. the planet jupiter is also very bright in the southern sky.. both can be seen with the naked eye.. while it is still daylight..

awesome! thanks for that information, that was bothering me.

i remember noticing it previous to this thread being made, but kind of put it in the back of my mind.

lol, mystery solved care of phil J Wolf!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
ah. thanks for clearence on the object.

my grandparents insist its a sattelite (sp?) i doubt there even going to believe me when i say its venus.

im just glad others have seen it, and have cleared up what it is. thanks a bunch.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
My wife and I saw a large V-Shaped very-very bright object that lit up in the mid-southern sky over Lake Havasu two nights ago. It wasn't any air vehicle that I've ever seen. It was brighter than any planets or stars. I've worked on the B-2 program and familiar with black world projects but this was to bright and vanished into thin air. I'm out in my back yard often with a night vision scope and track satellites and other objects (space junk) but I've never seen anything like this since I was very young. She didn't believe before but I think that may have changed her mind. I will always watch the sky while I'm here. The sky is perfect for like minded folks.
Cheers - Robert & Dawn

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
12-01-08 9:20

My husband and i were looking towards sara park and we saw 4 objects bright yellow lights blinking in and out of the sky one expanded prob a quarter of an inch in diameter in our sight flickered in and out then disappeared then reappeared several times in a random pattern than vanished , this is not our first sighting our house faces south of town. My husband told me he believed in ufo's I was sceptical until tonight ! Has anyone seen this tonight?

top topics

join