It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar jumps 4% as Israel Bank announces plan to buy $100M a day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree and I can't help but to think that this may very well be related to the whole Iran and Georgia events that are taking place

Israel backs Georgia in Caspian Oil Pipeline Battle with Russia www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would be willing to bet that if we take a look back at news stories over the last 6 months to a year we would find a fair amount of things that could be directly related to what's transcribing on the world stage . I do not believe in coincidence nor do I believe that the people in power would ever leave anything to chance .

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes, and at what cost do we pay to get our economy back? The price we pay is with our blood and lives, as always, while the banks get rich from it.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by FiatLux]

I would substitute the word rich with the , IMHO , more accurate word , powerful .

The way that the US banking system is set up is to create money based on notes of debt , i.e a promise to repay . The American dollar has no value other then ones promise , or ability to repay . If the promise to repay loses all trust then what happens ? , All value is then lost making the society nothing more then 100 % total slave to the biding of those that are owed , or holding the true wealth .

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Dollar jumps 4% as Israel Bank announces plan to buy $100M a day

Sorry folks...not Breaking.

This news piece was originally carried by Haaretz.com on July 10. Apparently the OP's Haaretz page employs a dynamic date/time, ie..current date...old article. The month-old EUR/USD quote of 1.5712 was the probably the most obvious discrepancy...currently 1.4983.

Having said all dat...numbers recorded weekly at the NY Fed support the theory that a coordinated [foreign] central bank currency intervention has been underway for at least 1 month. On July 15, the $USDX closed at a low of 71.87. The dollar was in the process of breaking-down...on it's way to test support at the historic 70.70 low set in March...then into free-fall. So SHAZAM! Out of thin-air (certainly not positive dollar fundamentals), we get an unprecedented explosion in the NY Fed custodial account (foreign purchases of treasury & agency debt)...HUGE buying last week. Large holders of US debt (China, Japan, EU & ME) had an obvious interest in halting the precipitous July decline. Backroom deals? We just saw the Fed Gubmn't back-stop humongous foreign holdings of Fannie/Freddie agency debt
Like previous posters already established...I think Israel's true motives remain open to creative speculation.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
And this news comes after the dollar hitting a 5 month high against all major currency's friday. Great news! (im knocking on wood as I type this)

Dollar hits 5-month high
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The dollar surged to a five-month high against the euro Friday after European economic reports compounded worries that the 15-nation euro economy is in a tailspin.

The euro lost more than three cents on the dollar, falling to $1.5008 in New York trading from $1.5328 late Thursday, a level not seen since Feb. 27, when the euro hit a trading low of $1.4917, according to DailyFX.com.

The dollar also gained against the Japanese yen, rising to ¥110.25 from ¥109.45 Thursday, after a survey showed that sentiment in the Japanese services sector in July had fallen for the fourth straight month.

"The dollar is strengthening on the perceived potential weakness in the rest of the globe," said Dustin Reid, senior currency strategist with ABN Amro...

Source

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Slinger

Cash shortage in Gaza........any realtionship?....

www.jpost.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Not THAT is a really scary thought....I hate to post a one liner, but i dont know what to say besides i hope thats not the case

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
Cash shortage in Gaza........any realtionship?....

....to Israel buying Dollars?

Nu-uh

Economic quarantine.

A cash shortage in the strip, would only be related to the fact that Gaza remains a 363 sq km prison compound. In many respects, the terms of the current cease-fire agreement still haven't been met...as Israel continues to slide just enough bread & water under the door to quell the more egregious humanitarian concerns.

October 2007: Gaza Banks Out of Cash as Israeli Banks Halt Business

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
everyone is throwing that monopoly money around...lol

TPTW are done...game over

time to join humanity with light/love or face justice from higher ups

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
(IsraelNN.com) The Israeli-Georgia connection is estimated to be worth $1 billion, according to a former Georgian ambassador to Israel. The Jewish state and private investors have provided military assistance and advisors to Georgia, where pipelines pump oil destined for Israel. A new pipeline is being built to bypass Russian territory.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

also..false flag experts of israel
judicial-inc.biz...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
The critics can speculate all they want. But if you ask me, this is a pretty clear indicator of what I have known to be true for a while now. Israel really is a very good friend to the United States.

Seems to me that Israel very much deserves our gratitude.

Christ in Heaven, I wish I could give more than one star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join