It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar jumps 4% as Israel Bank announces plan to buy $100M a day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

The Bank of Israel is once again intervening in an effort to slow down the steep decline in value of the American dollar against the shekel which has hit Israeli exporters hard.

The central bank announced Thursday it will begin buying on average $100 million per day effective immediately, up from the $25 million sum which it announced it would purchase in March. The move comes as part of the bank's efforts to raise its foreign currency surplus to the $35-40 billion range.

News of the bank's Bank officials said the decision to accelerate its purchase of dollars was reached after analysts concluded a careful appraisal of current market conditions. "The Bank of Israel will continue to examine this plan periodically, while taking into account the changing market landscape," the bank said in a statement.

Foreign currency traders predicted the bank's move would push the value of the dollar up significantly. "The dollar will go up now, and afterwards there will be a sell-off, and then there will be a long-term rise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I would venture to guess that this is an attempt to prop up the dollar just before the attack on Iran takes place .

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
yes this is extremely suspicious, good find!
israel wears the pants in our two countries relationship and generally uses us as their war show pony. If they are all of a sudden being so generous it can only mean one of two things...

1) like you said they are gearin to hit iran and the oil market could get rocked. could cause runs on the bank.

2) our governments bankrupt and the federal reserve is losing control, and needs immediate assistance to prevent runs on the banks. the market was set to plunge tommorw but on this news the kool aid drinkers might give us another 300 point rally like friday.

honestly the world is going to hell in a handbasket and the economy is soaring upward...manipulation anyone?

oh yeah i forgot option #3.
both 1 and 2 could be happening!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

More manipulation to control American foriegn policy.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The critics can speculate all they want. But if you ask me, this is a pretty clear indicator of what I have known to be true for a while now. Israel really is a very good friend to the United States.

Seems to me that Israel very much deserves our gratitude.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

Prepare the flamesuit

lol

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

well our "good freinds" have alot of paying back to do...
give me a break...

Summary
Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid
Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans
$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)
$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments
$1,650,000,000

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli
$14,630
Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.
Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240

www.wrmea.com...
that data only goes to '97 you can bet your ass its astronomically more by now.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Lightmare, I tend to agree with you, its good business sense for them as well as yeah, they are helping a friend...one who has ben there over and over for them...I dont get the folks saying manipulation...seems like that would be said for just about any scenario that has the US and Israel in it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
More likely Isreali currency traders are picking up on the same signals commodities traders are and judging the Dollar to be at or near a bottom. With commodities prices moderating and in some cases giving back ground in recent weeks coupled wiht the increase in the US stock Market, it seems as if the consensus views of worldwide markets is that the US dollar will be strengthening soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

What ? You mean to tell me that the Bank of Israel is not a privet bank , just like the federal reserve ? Is this true ?
Call me crazy but I say that this has nothing to do with friendship , no matter how much spin is put on it . No , this has to do with rubbing ones back , not shaking some ones hand .

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Things are starting to happen fast paced now. Im going to go on a limb to tell you what I feel is going to happen. I feel US wants to go into Iran because of Israel. So Russia and the US did a backroom deal for Russia to get rid of the thorn in their side in return for Russia to look the other way when the US goes into Iran. Now Israel comes out and said they are going to spend 100 million a day for dollars to prop up our currency. Im sure in return the US will go ahead and go into Iran. I dont think anyone has to worry about the US and Russia going to war. This is a I scratch your back if you scratch mine between Bush and Putin.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

That is a very good theory that I haven't thought about. Star for you.

Good thinking!

[edit on 10/8/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks pig but the scary thing is Im not just saying this...I truly believe it. This is not good because this means we will be starting another war here soon. I guess the good news is it wont be with Russia though

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
This is not good because this means we will be starting another war here soon.

Oh you have it all wrong. War is good for the economy. Look at how much we spent on the Iraq war, and we won that one. THis one is gonna be bigger so more money will be spent on it. It will be a big boost to the economy.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
AT least we can get it done and out of the way now . . . enough with the sabre rattling. Time to put the money where the mouth is.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree that Russia and America are most likely secretly holding hands. There are too many coincidences. They just seem a little too cozy.

I think the agenda is set for the world and I believe Russia is only playing Iran.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Not entirely correct , war is good for international bankers , not the economy , well not unless you can call large defects that hold the people in economical slavery a good thing ?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
The critics can speculate all they want. But if you ask me, this is a pretty clear indicator of what I have known to be true for a while now. Israel really is a very good friend to the United States.

Seems to me that Israel very much deserves our gratitude.

wonder if they're using the same $30B we gave them? just too strange.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
I agree that Russia and America are most likely secretly holding hands. There are too many coincidences. They just seem a little too cozy.

I think the agenda is set for the world and I believe Russia is only playing Iran.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Techsnow]

if i'm remembering correctly (and i may not be) wasn't bush in south america with putin when iraq happened? and when georgia happened, wasn't he in china...with putin?

i'm not saying i agree or disagree that we're holding hands. but i do think a whole lot more might go on at those G8 and NAM meetings than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes, and at what cost do we pay to get our economy back? The price we pay is with our blood and lives, as always, while the banks get rich from it.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by FiatLux]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join