It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasts in China's Xinjiang region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Blasts in China's Xinjiang region .

news.bbc.co.uk

Several explosions have hit the north-western Chinese province of Xinjiang, state media has reported.

It said there was sporadic gunfire after the blasts, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

Earlier this week, 16 Chinese policemen were killed in an attack on a border post in the province, Xinhua reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: add news article

[edit on 8/9/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nothing more at this time. It's being Reported on the BBC News channel here in the UK. Gun fire and Several explosions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I am just watching the BBC 10 O’clock news and they interrupted their main headline story to bring a news flash, No further details at this stage, only that Gun fire and several explosions are being reported from China.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by InterWeb]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

What area of CHina are they reporting this activity?

Did they mention that?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's an article from the BBC website which seems to be the same incident you speak of:

Article

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I dont think so no. sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

not sure as that page was updated at "Page last updated at 21:03" its now 10pm here in the UK and this was a News Flash, which interrupted their main headline .

It could be, but that does not add up, if they knew about it an hour ago, as i have been watching this channel (BBC News) for the last 3 hours.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
it happend in the Xinjiang province in western china.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Looking everywhere,cant find anything yet. Think this really might be old news. Nothing going on at Olympics that I can see.
Still nothing,nothing on Fox,or BBC as of 3:19 MTN time.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by spookjr]

[edit on 9-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Keep your eyes on the broadcast, and if vor78's article is reporting the same event I can update your OP to add this info

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on the BBC News here.

It seems strange that if their website broke the news at 9ish uk time, they would says what they said.

I'm not sure if its the same story or not, as it was just an interruption on the main story, (10pm) they were leading with news on Georgia and he said something along the lines of “and news just in” or “breaking news just in” …. We are getting reports of several explosions and gun fire within china.

They are now talking about Russia bombing Georgia again.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Confirmed.

BBC: Several explosions reported in the north west provice of China Xinjang.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Several explosions have hit the north-western Chinese province of Xinjiang, state media has reported.

It said there was sporadic gunfire after the blasts, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Its in the Xinjiang province and the news is only one or two hours old.
(There were previous attacks however.)

Xinjiang is effectively the Tibetan border territory a wee bit away from Beijing.

Xinjiang.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The incident comes a day after the Olympic Games opened in Beijing, with a spectacular display of fireworks, music and dancing.

I thought this was humorous, the news reporter is still ecstatic about the pretty fireworks.

"With a spectacular display of fireworks, music and dancing, where I met this cute girl, and we really hit it off... the popcorn there tasted like it had REAL butter and... oh right, the explosions."

I'm not surprised this happened. Actually, I was kind of expecting groups in China to use the Olympic schedule to obtain more media coverage for their causes... unfortunately, we're not sure yet WHO they are or WHAT their cause is, lol. We know the groups that commonly have issues in that area, but nothings certain yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Updated the OP to reflect the news, thanks for the help everyone

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Intresting...

Has there been a claim to the attacks?

Or is it being kept hush-hush?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
oh no oh no!! there's something wrong in China .. oh my gosh.. oh no .. !! are the games going to be canceled.. is .. is everything.. going to be safe in China.. or .. is there . terrorist about.. or.. even worse !! the games might be.. be .. *cry*!! be .. be .. canceled..
(((

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
oh no oh no!! there's something wrong in China .. oh my gosh.. oh no .. !! are the games going to be canceled.. is .. is everything.. going to be safe in China.. or .. is there . terrorist about.. or.. even worse !! the games might be.. be .. *cry*!! be .. be .. canceled..
(((

nope, its just a news report about an attack. just count to 10 and keep taking the meds

new topics

top topics

join