It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Face Of The Dalai Lama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Operation AJAX
or 30 Million in the case of the pedofile you keep preserved) so whats a few more in Tibet? Or heck throw in the Falun Gong as well no?

Or build monuments to worship other pedofiles like Franklin and Washington?. Funny that these characters represent "freedom" to America yet your text books whitewash history pretending that nothing ever happened.

Falun Gong?. What about them?. The fake pictures or "facts" they present?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Major can't help but think this is just ChiCom propaganda.

Prove it wrong then. Attempting to dismiss it as propaganda does not change the fact that the information presented in the link is the truth. Please add something more than trying to attack his supposed character rather than the information. A defection of sorts on your behalf

EDIT: Why are you referring to yourself as the third person?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The way I see it both China and Tibet are wrong in their affairs concerning themselves.

Tibet has a cowardly Dali Lama who seeks comfort with celebrities while his people have to suffer for him.

China jails, harasses, and genocides Tibets in hopes the Dalia Lama will return so they can do the same to him.

The bottom line is both of these countries are wrong. How can China host the Olympics after their border guards were attacked? After the massive earthquake that happened?

Tibet should stop the protesting against China because it is never going to work out through the means they are at. As long as the Dali Lama is living the "Good" life with celebrities and book deals; then, the people of Tibet have been living in a lie.

The greatest thing about Tibet and China are those people who would be friends to one another regardless of political or religious stances. True friendship defies even the strongest world governments.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
what do you mean "genocide"?

Tibet In 1953, the region registered a population of 1 million. that figure was reported by dalai lama himself. there are over 2.41 million of the Tibetan ethnic group .

"In the 200 years from the early days of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) to 1951, the Tibetan population declined." A. Tom Grunfeld, a Canadian researcher wrote in his book "The Making of Modern Tibet" that the Tibetan population recorded negative growth for hundreds of years, and that this trend continued until 1959. From 1990 to 2000, the Tibetan population increased by 314,400, a figure that dwarfed the national average growth. "Since the 1960s, the birth rate of the Tibetan population and the natural growth rate of 14 per one thousand inhabitants has remained higher than the national average of 9.7 per thousand,"

and because of the earthquake and terrorist attack,china should call off the olympics?that must be kidding.remember 1986 mexico world cup?that same year before the world cup,the most devastating quake hit the capital of mexico,that is the capital city,not like the ones in china lying far west in the mountains,mexico still hosted a very successful world cup.china is bigger and have more means than mexico,and the quake area is in the hinterland poses no damage to chinese economy at all,according to the world bank.and hosting a successful olympics to be considered the best way to remember the quake victims in china.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by haidian
of cause i m here killing time but at same time,defending my country,as most chinese ats users have done here.what benifit?huh,i hope i could get.most chinese people will do the same,check the public opinion polls ,some of made by foreign indepedent agencies.

I think I can speak for the majority here when I say that you don't need to defend your country. You see.... it's not the country that I hate.... not the people in it, nor the culture. I believe China has acomplished great things and has a beautifull culture.

I'm just worried about the human rights issue, just like I'm worried about the human rights issue in gitmo, or that I'm worried for young childeren in my own country who instead of getting help in psychiatric facilties get locked op in youthprisson due to a lack of space.

I'm as critical to the Chinese government as I am to my own. No I do not believe what the Chinese government says, nor do I believe the American government or the Dutch. You see, in the end of the day we are all small fish in a big pond and nobody up there will care about one person or about something " small" like the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think the Dalai Lama is a GREAT spiritual head for Tibet, he is a man of peace. There are Tibetan monks who can get married so having to rely on each other for sex is not at all true and anyways, the monks are too pure and can resist human urges. I think the article is 100% propaganda. True - there is no "perfect" country on earth and I'm sure there are faults with the old ways of Tibetan culture and society. USA is not backing the Dalai Lama - why? - because Tibet would've been attacked a long time ago the way Iraq was. There is too much money at stake to support Tibet (and that goes for most countries around the world who value cheap shoes over human rights). I think everything will be ok though - why? - because of Karma - the Chinese government will get their just rewards.
One thing worries me - the Dalai Lama has mentioned he is the last incarnation. What does that mean? - no planet to come back to?

LONG LIVE the DALAI LAMA!!

Oh !! - FREE TIBET!! FREE TIBET!! FREE TIBET!!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Haidian, you would have made an excellent RED GUARD in the last Cultural Revolution in China where logic was turned upon its head. If you don't want to acknowledge any goodness towards your enemies, DEMONIZE THEM!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i m posting the real facts ,real truth.do you have any idea what serfdom is??those serf's lives were dirt cheap and could be taken away at time as their masters wish.

to be a red guard,fat chance,huh,i've never been in any political group and even when i was in middle school ,the majority of my classmate joined communist youth league,but i didnt.i m very critical of mao,i think he was a psycho and very evil,how could i be a red guard with that idea?so dont ignore the truth and facts i listed in this thread and turn to personal attack.

tibeten population doubled and economy flourish,people there have much more freedom than when dalai lama was there.at that time,most of them regarded as masters belongs and property,what rights could they have when they were merely things?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by haidian

Hi,

Thanks for posting the article. Could you please provide other sources that back-up the claims made in the article? Preferably from mainstream sources?

My lack of knowledge on the subject is embarrassing, but I would enjoy taking the opportunity to educate myself. The article is certainly presenting one side of the argument and it would help if a more objective viewpoint and source was available.

Thanks!

Eric

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
as so some people say america is not backing tibet.there is no argument about this,dalai's officials openly acknowledged that ,and there are tons of proof on that.that would be a waste of time arguing that.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
use the keywords and do the research on google or yahoo,there are many links for this article and other similiar stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Who cares the Daili Lama is a peaceful man who practice restraint. Sure some people reacted to violence when their fellow people were slaughter by the Chinese goverment, but I'm sure those weren't the monks, but angry citizens of Tibet.

So what if the CIA is supports him, it's not like they are forcing him to kill people. The CIA is a intelligence org. and is connected to just about every organization around the world, it isn't a intelligence organization for nothing that's y the US has the most influence in the world, they are open to everyone, it's for strategic purposes.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

One thing worries me - the Dalai Lama has mentioned he is the last incarnation.

huh,seems like he doesnt want to share,with his death he would take away all the glory with him.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudanglee
why? - because of Karma - the Chinese government will get their just rewards.

I hope that is true. Iraq/Afganistan/Vietnam say hi.

One thing worries me - the Dalai Lama has mentioned he is the last incarnation. What does that mean?

It means that the next Dalai Lama would normally be chosen by a group of high level Buddist monks of his own religious sec. The 14th and current Dalai Lama has proposed that the new Dalai Lama should be elected thus making it more "democratic".

Unknown to most Americans and the west Tibetan buddism has FOUR secs. The current one is the Yellow hat which is the one which has been pulling the strings of Tibet for most of its modern history. Western Tibet supports the Red Hat sec and their is a Black hat sec which as reported by the media opposes the Yellow hat sec. Now think to yourself how courpt the Tibetan system is, a group of monks from one sec can elect their chosen sucessor or a son/nephew to rule Tibet. Unlike what is represented in Hollywood of some mythical election process the election of lamas has nothing mythical about it. The Dalai Lama as a position was created by the Chinese emperor so in effectively a leadership position the emperor could control. Not some fansty of spirts from the other world or other BS like that

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
while I admit to know very little, perhaps nothing at all, of Tibetan and Chinese peoples, it seems to me that most of the photos taken of people in this modern Tibet are Chinese. Compare their facial features to the ones in the old black and white photos. Anyway, just a thought. Like I said, I know very little, perhaps nothing at all, of Tibetan and Chinese peoples.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

who made Dalai lama the supreme title in Tibet

reference from wikipedia:

In 1252, Kublai Khan(first emperor of chinese yuan dynasty) granted an audience to Pagba and Garma Pakshi, a highly regarded monk with the Garma Gagyu Sect. Garma Pakshi, however, sought the patronage of Monge Khan who bestowed him a gold-rimmed black hat and a golden seal of authority. Before his death in 1283, Garma Paksli wrote a will to protect the established interests of his sect by advising his disciples to locate a boy to inherit the black hat. His instruction was based on the premise that Buddhist ideology is eternal, and a Buddha would be reincarnated to complete the missions he had initiated. Garma Pakshi's disciples acted in accordance with the will and located the reincarnated boy of their master. The event marked the introduction of the Living Buddha reincarnation system for the Black-Hat Line of Tibetan Buddhism and during the Ming Dynasty, Emperor Yongle(the third emperor of chinese ming dynasty) bestowed the title Great Treasure Prince of Dharma, the first of the three Princes of Dharma upon the Black-Hat living Buddha Karmapa. Various sects of Tibetan Buddhism responded to the introduction of the Living Buddha reincarnation system by creating similar lineages. The most influential reincarnation system has since been the Dalai Lama lineage.

------------------------------- so it was the third emperor of ming dynasty yongle made dalai lama the top title of all tibetan lamas.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Now I have to wonder how much of this is a lie if you persecute an innocent Tibetean living in Utah with no proof. You got the wrong guy and you bring great disgrace upon China for your misidentification of the Paris "torch snatcher".

Check the second page of the handicapped attacking Paris torch snatcher thread for evidence that the OP is loose with facts and will prejudge and encourage others to HARRASS an innocent man.

"smiling angel in a wheelchair" thread

[edit on 8/9/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
huh,tibetan people and han chinese have different facial features,can be easily tell apart.people in those photoes are typical tibetans,show them to any han chinese or tibetans they would tell you,and the singers with jackies chen,they are a singing group,kinda of famous in tibet,they have their names and can be easily found.

as for the huge difference bw people in today's tibet and old tibet,a serf's life is more miseral than an animal,of cause you can see it clearly in the photoes,today's young tibetans,some of them just like young people everywhere around the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by haidian
i m posting the real facts ,real truth.do you have any idea what serfdom is??those serf's lives were dirt cheap and could be taken away at time as their masters wish.

So you have a great sympathy for Tibetan serfs! Great! That means you are working just as hard to dismantle the Chinese slave labor system. You know, where so called prisoners are used to do productive labor? Keep up the fight for the exploited.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
The Dalai Lama as a position was created by the Chinese emperor so in effectively a leadership position the emperor could control. Not some fansty of spirts from the other world or other BS like that

That's just a blatant falsehood. The person who actually coined the title of Dalai Lama, was Altan Khan of Mongolia who bestowed the title upon Sonam Gyatso in 1578.
Dalai is the Mongolian translation of gyatso, which means ocean. Altan mistakenly thought Guyatso was Sonam's family name so he took to calling him Dalai, or in full; Dalai Lama Vajradhara.
Thus Sonam came to be known as the third Dalai Lama as his two earlier ancestors were posthumously given the title as well.

You should also be ashamed of yourself for insinuating that someone else's faith is "bs".

Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join