It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

olympics here. titor wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Titorites...? Name-calling? Apparently we are all time travelers and we are all regressed to grade school in this thread!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Titorites...? Name-calling? Apparently we are all time travelers and we are all regressed to grade school in this thread!

A number of them do refer to themselves by that term.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As a previous Titor 'sympathizer', I will stand up, raise my hand and admit "The John Titor story is not genuine". A couple of years ago I decided the 2008 Olympics would be the event to prove or disprove it for me. Clearly the Olympics have not been cancelled, therefore Titor has been disproven.

And to those who say events on his timeline might differ enough for the Olympics to happen here but not there - the Olympics is a big event and if something that big can differ, so can war and everything else Titor predicted. So either way, Titor has not foreseen anything that will happen in our future.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos Lord
As Titor stated he is from a different Paralell Universe. That may be what happened in his Universe not ours

I suspect Titor apologists inhabit a different universe than the rest of us. But what do I know? I'm just a lowly psychologist.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
interesting to read the discourse following my post. To those who thought I was rude... well, Im just baffled. Im stating facts that prove a hoaxer wrong, and Im called rude for it...

Oh well, so be it,

doesnt change the fact that I saw the U.S tie the dutch today 2-2 in soccer AT the OLYMPICS.

Game over titor fans.

titorites.. lol i like that one.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You're not rude...you're just encroaching logic and sense into people's beliefs. Naturally, they will get a bit snippy about it

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
In another timeline I have won a few million pounds on the national lottery, so I'm gonna try and claim it.

Any idea how/where?

Seriously though, despite the obvious farce / hoax of Titor's claims, there are some morals hidden amongst the gibberish. Such as the mention of GM crops, dangerous foods and rising escalations...

But the 'alternative timeline' poster really made me chuckle.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
All the way up until the opening ceremonies, I had a bad feeling that something bad was gunna happen. It's probably due to my anticipation of the games.

I have to say, I was relieved when I woke up on Saturday to see women's volleyball. For multiple reasons......

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

The world isn't overpopulated and there is more than enough food.

I'm not going Amish because of some hoaxer, and I doubt all 300 million Americans will follow suite.

RIP titor, I'll never forget the laughs, and oh how I laughed!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
just wondering was ATS around when John Titor posted his messages? if so why do you suppose he didn't post here?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would have to say that somewhere the “Titor” character is sitting back amazed yet still laughing that there are people out there still pushing his “predictions”. I would bet that “Titor” is and has been a member of ATS for some time and is following the hundreds of posts that cling to his every word.

Even though there is an Olympics going on as we speak the real fans will still figure out a way to make the “Titor” words live on. “Just one more thing needs to fall into place” or “So the time line is a bit off, he said it might be” is what will be heard. Of course he said the time lines might change, you have to make sure you are just vague enough to get people hooked.

This is of course just my thoughts on the subject.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dear GODS!!!!
Its the scam THAT WILL NOT DIE!!!!

Why in 2008 are we still even discussing Titor?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
is there anything Titor predicted it did happen? there are some trolls who believe this scam

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
youd think if you throw enough sht at the wall, something would stick. i havent cared enough to know if any has.

And yes, it is the sad irony that we bring him up in order to try and convince his believers of the other side. ITs sad we still have to bring him up. I dont know what else to do.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
John Titor - predicts rain!

Is John Titor the only real argument against developing time travel? If he really is the result of an ability to time travel I suggest we smash any time travelling equipment that comes our way! However, as I think John Titor is a deranged, deluded, and very amateur con man, I think we can hold back on destroying time machines for the present.

So, Titor 'predicts' that there will be no Olympics after 2004, then after having it pointed out to him that not only was there a winter Olympics, but the Chinese Olympics is going ahead, the guy starts whining that a few events have been cancelled (WOW) or postponed (EVEN MORE WOW, I hear you gasp in awe) ... due to RAIN, yes folks, there was rain at some of the Olympic events and as the events were outdoors the events were postponed, none were actually cancelled btw.

It may also not be known to Titor, and his rabid fans, that people have withdrawn from events in all previous Olympics for various reasons. And far be it for one of us mere conspiracy theorists with a brain to point out but EVERY Olympics has had events postponed because of weather.

Also, Titor, for some bizarre reason only known to him, has drawn a link between the stabbing of the group of tourists in China to his prediction that the Olympics would be cancelled.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I guess winter olympics don't count, im sure theres a 26000 reply thread about that somewhere also.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
As a previous Titor 'sympathizer', I will stand up, raise my hand and admit "The John Titor story is not genuine". A couple of years ago I decided the 2008 Olympics would be the event to prove or disprove it for me. Clearly the Olympics have not been cancelled, therefore Titor has been disproven.

And to those who say events on his timeline might differ enough for the Olympics to happen here but not there - the Olympics is a big event and if something that big can differ, so can war and everything else Titor predicted. So either way, Titor has not foreseen anything that will happen in our future.

Yeah thats the problem, he didnt foresee anything, he witnessed it first hand (so he says).

Now yes, there is the timeline discrepency of up to 2%, i think thats he claims. Winter olymics plus opening ceremonies + gold medals being won over a few days = no way he is right.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
... sad we still have to bring him up. I dont know what else to do.

The reason why so many people still bring him up is because John Titor is the comic equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel.

Have you seen the latest 'update' at Titor's website? Still determined not to admit he is wrong about the Olympics , now he hints the WHOLE Olympics may be a pre recorded fake.

Can Titorites explain why they think Titor's prediction that the US will change their political system to have FIVE PRESIDENTS at once is in any way credible?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The John Titor SONG

"John Titor is a time traveller ..."

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I want to know who is profiting from that website. Someone is running it. I think we should find out who.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join