It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

sounds like Propaganda to me ...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
great , more fools getting sucked in , thanks to games of imperialism that USA plays

manson_322, we're talking about Gerogia the country, not Atlanta Georgia so please leave the U.S out of it until you have some solid proof.

link   
Bush was in the room when he heard the news they said! and he left the
room to speak on the phone

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Rentor]

link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Originally posted by Rentor
reply to post by manson_322

Maybe this was planned people? Maybe this was Bush plan for he can stay in office

I hope that Russia assassinates Bush(that fascist fuhrer up to no good)

only then world will be saved from WW3

[edit on 8-8-2008 by manson_322]

manson_322, regardless of your position on Bush that comment is just insanely ridiculous.

Anyway, on topic, does anybody know what missile/system would have been used by the Georgians to down the Sukhoi's?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Medvedev vows punishment for killers of Russians in S.Ossetia
Oh my, looks like the poop is really hitting the fan right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

i know former sovietski republic of Georgia , *snip*,

that was where Stalin was born

by the way , you are not aware of US designs for Caspian sea oil are you ???

the war has happened due to US support ,

also, expalin me why , USA is training and funding Georgian forces , and helping it in NATO membership acquisition

Anyway, on topic, does anybody know what missile/system would have been used by the Georgians to down the Sukhoi's?

there is no proof that Georgians have provided as yet of downing planes

[edit on 8-8-2008 by manson_322]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Per Sky News again -

REU: Senior Military commander says parts of Russia's 58th army are approaching South Ossetia.

UK Foriegn Office urges an immediate cease fire, and they are closely monitoring the situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Senior Military Commander has confirmed parts of Russias 58th Army are approaching S. Ossetian Capital. As Sky News has said, how would Georgia and Russia resolve this situation now? I mean it's past words. Also is ANYONE watching the olympics? LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

Good work.

From Sky News:

AP: Georgian cabinet minister says 4 Russian combat planes have been shot down over Georgia.

BBC:

REUTERS: Russian army approaching South Ossetian capital.

Can you believe this?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by chips]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by chips]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

First of all nobody here proved anything like that, how can you eve say that it was Sukhoi in the first place

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho
Senior Military Commander has confirmed parts of Russias 58th Army are approaching S. Ossetian Capital. As Sky News has said, how would Georgia and Russia resolve this situation now? I mean it's past words. Also is ANYONE watching the olympics? LOL

Pff no... watching something that could really come big is 10x more important then Olympics.. like i said! Russians stole the spotlight from the Chinese

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
These "peacekeeper deaths" are a pretext to invade and a perfect propaganda tool. Peacekeepers often die in hostile regions and rarely does it equate to a land invasion. This is more to do with the disputed territory than anything else. I sure hope this is resolved diplomatically and soon. But hey the US are caught up in Iraq and now the Russians in Georgia, is something else going on here??....

link   

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho

Pff no... watching something that could really come big is 10x more important then Olympics.. like i said! Russians stole the spotlight from the Chinese

Poor Chinese

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Russian Boy]

link   
I just heard on TV that U.S might help Georgia if Russia takes this too far

supposedly

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

supposedly

Well there goes the O-Zone, whoever predicted WW3 would start in August is looking to get a gold medal in the prediction event so far.

This is going to turn nasty by midnight... It's already beyond what anyone thought it would escalate to.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian Boy

Originally posted by theblunttruth

First of all nobody here proved anything like that, how can you eve say that it was Sukhoi in the first place

Russianboy, your alleigance here is clear, but please i meant no hostility with my comment. If you read carefully, i used hyperthetical context ("would have"). The planes are "reported" to be Su-24's if you check other posts, so please refrain from unecessary inflamotary remarks without any provocation from me...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

supposedly

Why are you telling us BS? Georgia's president asked the US for help - that's not the same like "The US will help Georgia" -- common, stop that crap

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

supposedly

Why are you telling us BS? Georgia's president asked the US for help - that's not the same like "The US will help Georgia" -- common, stop that crap

I am not it was a brief moment on msnbc news..Help doesn't mean go in and start killing bro.Can mean help settle it and keep the peace. they could also just help supply and don't get involve directly.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
here is chronology of events in descending order:

GMT, August 8, 2008
12:45 Georgian parliamentary speaker accuses Russia of military aggression
12:43 Russia sends note to NATO countries over Georgian aggression against S.Ossetia
12:39 Solana launches diplomatic efforts to stop escalation of violence in S.Ossetia - aide
12:34 Transneft boosts RAS net profit 15% to 2.3 bln rubles in H1 (Part 3)
12:27 Quotations for Russian Minfin bonds
12:27 Quotations for Russian Eurobonds
12:25 Russian plane attacks Georgian military base near Tbilisi - Georgianmedia
12:25 Russia will not let death of compatriots go unpunished - Medvedev (Part2)
12:18 Russia sends reinforcements to S. Ossetia to help peacekeepers - DefenseMinistry
12:16 Belarusian gold, forex reserves grow 10.6% in Jan-July
12:16 S. Ossetian websites being attacked
12:09 Russian armored vehicles approaching Tskhinvali - S. Ossetianauthorities (Part 2)
12:03 Stock market sinks to new 15-month low on Georgia-Ossetia conflict
12:00 Russian armored vehicles approaching Tskhinvali - S. Ossetianauthorities
11:59 Saakashvili talks with Rice, NATO secretary general, Lithuanianpresident
11:50 Tskhinvali is practically destroyed by Georgian shelling - peacekeepingcommander (Part 2)
11:49 Georgia gives Ossetians putting up resistance three hours to surrender
11:46 Russian Central Bank starts publishing monthly reports on currencyinterventions
11:44 Saakashvili announces mobilization (Part 2)
11:42 Tskhinvali is practically destroyed by Georgian shelling - peacekeepingcommander
11:42 Chelyabinsk plant could cut ferroalloy production 3%-4% in 2008
11:39 Aircraft striking Georgian positions in S. Ossetia - witnesses
11:36 Daily Headline News for August 8, 2008
11:34 Hizb ut-Tahrir extremist group threatens European nations - Nurgaliyev
11:33 Gunfire in Tskhinvali suspended, city engulfed in flames - Interfaxcorrespondent
11:26 Russian aircraft bomb Georgian positions in South Ossetia, peoplewounded - Georgian media
11:26 Russia to continue guaranteeing security for Caucasus residents -Medvedev (Part 2)
11:23 Official exchange rates for CIS and Baltic nations as of 08.08.2008
11:21 Georgian soldiers withdrawing from Tskhinvali - S. Ossetia securitycouncil
11:19 Witnesses report emergence of military units in S. Ossetia from Russianborder side
11:19 Russia not to let death of compatriots go unpunished - Medvedev
11:18 Many Russian volunteers intend to go to South Ossetia - Putin (Part 2)
11:16 Russia won't tolerate compatriots' death in Caucasus going unpunished -Medvedev
11:15 Russia to continue guaranteeing security for Caucasus residents -Medvedev
11:13 Results for trading of listed shares in RTS (prefunded) at 15:00 MSK
11:13 RTS Index at 15:00 MSK
11:12 Results for trading of listed shares in RTS (classic) at 15:00 MSK
11:06 Adjustments in Putin's schedule could be made depending on developmentsin S. Ossetia
www.interfax.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is confusing. Who is doing what to whom. Maybe they'll call for a cease fire. Remember the Russians have the "father of all bombs". It's hyperbaric, not nuclear. What if they use it. The Georgians will be vaporized. Hope for a cease fire.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join