Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Russian tanks enter South Ossetia

Russian tanks are moving towards the capital of Georgia's separatist region of South Ossetia which has been under heavy bombardment from Georgian forces.

Georgian troops are currently observing a three-hour ceasefire to let civilians leave the besieged capital, Tskhinvali.

Georgia is reported to have said any involvement of Russian forces in the conflict will result in a state of war between the two countries.

Reports from Georgia claim Russian jets have attacked an airport near Tblisi.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

I haven´t said anything like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I bet everyone in Russia saying:

Bomb bomb Georgia bomb bomb Georgia

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Supposedly georgia are saying they are practically at war with russia now...well thats what bbc news 24 is saying from a statement...i dont think the russians are backing down....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rixhell

Sorry mistaken what you said

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho
Georgian Official has stated Russia has invaded Georgia and the two countries are "close to war". If this isn't a war what the hell is it!?

Its a tea party mate lol jking.. but i think its just the start what will happen

LMAO!!! I guess their both pissed because they both promised to bring the tea!! "God damn it Georgia" "dont start me Russia"

I bet Cheney is like "SEND THEM TO IRAN NOW!! NO ONES WATCHING!!!"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yes, Russia has sent troops in there. I'm trying to find the links but according to Sky News and the BBC:

"REUTERS (Georgia National Security Council): Russia has invaded and the two countries are 'very close' to full-scale war'"

The OSCE has warned of full-scale war, too.

Quick update: Russia now reports of 'ethnic cleansing' in the area.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by chips]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Georgian Official has stated Russia has invaded Georgia and the two countries are "close to war". If this isn't a war what the hell is it!?

Its a tea party mate lol jking.. but i think its just the start what will happen

LMAO!!! I guess their both pissed because they both promised to bring the tea!! "God damn it Georgia" "dont start me Russia"

I bet Cheney is like "SEND THEM TO IRAN NOW!! NO ONES WATCHING!!!"

LoL Cheney is like HEY!!!!! DON'T START WITHOUT ME!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I bet everyone in Russia saying:

Bomb bomb Georgia bomb bomb Georgia

no comment

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Woah I think BBC News just showed a video of a plane going down, The nose area flashes and the plane just dives behind some trees, can any other UK people confirm this? i have had little to no sleep so my eyes are sore.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Quick update: Georgia now reports of 'ethnic cleansing' in the area.

I think it was actually the Russian FM claiming ethnic cleansing of the South Ossetians by Georgian troops.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Woah I think BBC News just showed a video of a plane going down, The nose area flashes and the plane just dives behind some trees, can any other UK people confirm this? i have had little to no sleep so my eyes are sore.

Several shots of various aircraft, all ground attack / strafing runs, not aircraft crashing.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just read this on Reuters

Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov says he is "receiving reports of ethnic cleansing in villages of South Ossetia"

usually I sign my posts with peace... but in this case

WAR.....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I heard on the news a little while ago that Russia had been buzzing the Georgian capital with two planes, guess they got em. There's going to be someone with egg on their face over in the Russian military.

Already innocent people suffering and being killed, this act of self defense will just result in more innocents being harmed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The RUSSIANS stole the Chinese spotlight for the day

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Sky News are now showing those pictures. I first thought it was machine gun fire, but you don't see the jet come back up. The planes may have flown low after though I guess. Do modern fighters even attack ground targets that way anymore?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well no doubt , after Kosova , the west will no doubt be supporting South Ossetia in becoming a break away state and will condemn the Georgian attack on them ?

Georgia PM says ' we are a freedom loving country that is under attack ', whilst just destroying the south Ossetia capital . Sounds like another country I can think of .

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Several shots of various aircraft, all ground attack / strafing runs, not aircraft crashing.

My bad, thanks for the info.

Man I can't even go for a pee at the minute incase something new develops. Some of these images and reports on the TV are scaring the bejeezus out of me.

EDIT:::

Muppetus Galacticus, thats the one!!! the flash doesnt leave the planes nose, where as with the other images the flashes all depart from the planes vicinity.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by RenegadePsycho]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Nice, cheers for that, Britguy and Kryties.

Ooh and according to Sky, the Georgian President has said 'this is now about America' and 'we are a freedom-loving country - we are now under attack.' Georgia is calling on the U.S. to act. I'm getting this from Sky News - I'll look for links.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join