It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just love the BBC website's headline:

"Georgia move [to ceasefire] fails to halt [Russia's] raids"

It started out by being more sad than funny, but it is now more funny than sad.

Nothing about how Georgia resumed fire on Tskhinvalli, and recalled the cease fire offer.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
BBC seem way behind in reporting the events too . I suppose they can't just straight report news.. they got to run it through the bbc distort and propoganderize machine . All takes time .

I reckon if you read back 10 or so more pages here, you'll get all bbc's news till the middle of next week... minus the western slant of course.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Give me the names of the sites that give upto date news then. All the sites I look at arent as up to date as I thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
1st bush asks for peace, not he saying the acts of russia are wrong. then they spin it into, Georgia is a Oil transit country..... an a ally in Iraq, More Oil wars....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xylaphonic
Give me the names of the sites that give upto date news then. All the sites I look at arent as up to date as I thought.

Rosbalt news appears to publish the first reports - but it is in Russian.

The site also has a forum where most of the first developing reports are coming from (likely Russian military or press insiders). About 80% of them seem to be proven true many hours later by larger agencies.

www.rosbalt.ru...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is there any English sites, or translations, as unfortunately I cannot read Russian?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
LATEST NEWS:

Ukraine supposedly warns Russia that the Black Sea fleet ships send to Georgia would not be allowed to return to Sevastopol untill the war ends. However from what I read the ships are based in Novorosyisk. Can anyone get the info on where the cruiser "Moscow" and "Smetlyviy" are based?

Ukraine did have an agreement with Russia that any actions of the Black Sea fleet stationed in Sevastopol (Crimea, Ukraine) would have to be approved by Ukraine. However the agreement has been broken off and is no longer relevant after Ukraine violated the conditions of the agreement regarding allowing Black Sea fleet to continue to be based in Sevastopol for the next 10-15 years. Russian fleet is gradually being withdrawn from there now to Novorosiysk.

Tensions seem to be heating up between Russia and Yuschenko.

www.rosbalt.ru...

[edit on 10-8-2008 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xylaphonic

Sorry - not that I am aware of. I am trying to translate and post here in English all the news I gather from these sources.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Sorry - not that I am aware of. I am trying to translate and post here in English all the news I gather from these sources.

Much appreciated.

Any updates to the attacks from Russian jets? Anyone know anything else said at the UN meetings and NATO?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I heard reports on British media that the naval ships returned to Novorosyisk earlier on in the day.

And, yeah, I'm aware that Ukraine is heating up too. An analyst in the UK reckons Ukraine might "deal with Russia" now due to similar problems like Georgia.

A source in the Ukraine told British he reckoned their nation was next. But would Russia really want a war with Ukraine too? Can Russia fight two wars once?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
A source in the Ukraine told British he reckoned their nation was next. But would Russia really want a war with Ukraine too? Can Russia fight two wars once?

There will be no conflict with Ukraine. I wager on that. You can quote me.

And yes the ships appear to be from Novorosyisk not Sevastopol. I have seen no info on whether they are still off Poti or have left.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
LATEST NEWS: (so far unconfirmed and not factual)

Vitali Churkin Russian secretary in UN has stated that there are 127 American advisors in Georgia, and they have been there since the start of war. He underscored that Georgia and U.S. are "tight" partners. He also hints at U.S.'s "green light" to attack S. Ossetia.

Looks like what I said on the first page of this thread is coming to light as true. Draw your own conclusions.

www.rosbalt.ru...

Captured pilot of the shot down Georgian jet speaks on English. I have a hard time believing that Georgia has no experienced pilots to send instead of mercinaries however.

www.rosbalt.ru...

Georgian police are preventing Russian citizens from leaving the country. They are not being detained, but are made to turn around when trying to drive out of the country (to Armenia or Azerbiajan I presume).

www.rosbalt.ru...

Special battalion "Vostok", part of Chechen pro-Russian (federal) militia forces are reportedly in South Ossetia. They are headed by pro-Russian ex-Chechen-warlord Yamaduyev, are known to be battle-hardened and well adated to Caucasus terrain warefare. The unit is marred with controversy however, because of its leader. No word on whether it is taking part in any engagement.
-This is supposedly being reported by the Chechen Reuters correspondent.

www.rosbalt.ru...

[edit on 10-8-2008 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
BBC:

Three Georgian ships have been sunk in the Black Sea. Russian Navy gave warning shots, but the vessels ignored the warning.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
US's green light to attack South Ossetia? Who said this? Why would the US want to attack South Ossetia?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
No,
the US gave permission for Georgia to reclaim South Ossetia. The United States probably did not expect a significant Russian response and for the European Union to be so neutral.

Btw, make that four ships now.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What do you believe the US expected then? So...the US can also be blamed for the "georgian genocide"?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xylaphonic
What do you believe the US expected then? So...the US can also be blamed for the "georgian genocide"?

Sure, this is unlike any other genocide or ethnic-cleansing we've supported over the past 70 or more years. When you arm/fund people who kill civilians, I would place blame, yes.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can I ask why all Western media is only showing photos of Georgian casualties? Where are the pictures of the "2000" South Ossetians?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

All over Russian news.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is there any updates?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join