It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the only 100% prediction you will ever hear (with prizes)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As per my recent thread Has any predicted EVENT on ATS ever happened? I have concluded that no even one of the thousands of predictions that have been threaded or posted on ATS has ever come to fruition.

I'm not talking about political, economic, existentially abstract predictions. And we're not talking about UFO or 9/11 disclosures .

I'm talking about:

Tsunami will happen ---
Earthquake will happen ---
We'll see Niburu/Planet X ---
The world will end ---
Apocalypse/Armageddon/Rapture in ---
UFO will show up in ---

Specific "Act of God" events on a specific date, give or take a month.

So here is my 100% prediction:

No one on ATS will ever predict correctly any specific event at a specific time frame!

It WILL never happen.

Be careful posting a prediction on this thread. You will be wrong on your prediction and you will only help reinforce the stereotype that all these prediction threads are nothing but a waste of time, at best something to laugh at.

To make this interesting, pending approval from an ATS administrator, I would be willing to put a $ prize up for the first member to accurately post a prediction of a specific future event. If that's not feasible, we do a fun prize like:
If you're right I will vote for McCain, or I will have to go an entire year backing up creationists, we'll figure something out.
Quite frankly if you manage to accurately predict one future event you'll be famous the world over.

So come on all you Kreskins out there. Get your "predictions" on this thread for all to see. Hey, the LHC is getting switched on Sept 10th, that should get some of the crazyness going.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm the besterest at predicting in the whole wided world.

I predict,that something will happen,at some point.

mind blowingly spot on,I'm sure you'll agree

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There was a thread that was made quite a few months ago made by someone I cant remember that made a prediction that a UFO would be seen on such and such date, which actually turned out to be true.
I never assumed that anything but luck had anything to do with it but I still posted some "Gratz" in his thread and got some LoLz out of some of the peoples responses, especially the hardcore debunkers *cough* "trolls"
The sighting, which I cant remember anything about, made national news, so it wasnt a local sighting that he alone reported and photographed.

Im not near as active here as I used to be, so the details escape me, Im not going to dig for the thread but maybe one of our crack members here will remember what im talking about.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't think that you can say that something will NEVER happen.

I see where you're coming from on this, but I think it may happen one day. Someone may quietly come on here unnoticed and drop in a prediction that is not crazy, is not in the realms of lunacy but is subtle, accurate and well presented.

I can guarantee though, that not many will notice it as it will, unfortunately, be overshadowed by too much sensationalist rubbish.

My tuppence worth.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well here, I found the thread, it was actually easy to find in my profile..
Say what you want but he made a prediction and it happened

April 22nd Prediction

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

"A ufo will appear on such and such date" are usually the worst predictions to make. First of all on any given night some ATS member will see something that looks like a ufo and post it on ATS. For such a prediction to be valid, said member would have to present pictures or video of such event.
Good luck to him taking on the ufo un-hoaxers and debunkers. That's a tough crowd.
In any case, for the purpose of this thread. We start from scratch now with the predictions. If you think someone has already managed this accomplishment we can post that on the existing thread for that.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

We start from scratch now with the predictions.

My bad, I thought you wanted an example of a past prediction..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
I don't think that you can say that something will NEVER happen.
MGGG

Well someone needs to say it, so I'm saying it.

It will never happen!

Ooops I said it again.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
But didn't the OP say NEVER? Doesn't that include past events as well?

Or am I getting hung up on semantics?

Get my point though?

So... get backing up those creationists...LOL

[edit on 7-8-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Well how about this. If someone has a thread going with a specific prediction, they are welcome to post a link to their OP on this thread to the prediction so as to have it included.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I can live with that...

I just get all 'semanticy' from time to time.

I'm sad like that.

I will see what dreams I have may even post a prediction myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is ridiculous and doesn't belong in ATS - MODS please move to BTS.

How does this add anything positive to the board. If it is an effort to ridicule members then it should be locked. If it is for entertainment then move it.

peace out

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go

I just get all 'semanticy' from time to time.

You mean semanticity right?
I'm all about semanticity too.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
This is ridiculous and doesn't belong in ATS - MODS please move to BTS.

How does this add anything positive to the board. If it is an effort to ridicule members then it should be locked. If it is for entertainment then move it.

peace out

How is this ridiculous?
All predictions are posted on ATS in all their glory for all of us to see.
This is just MY prediction, and quite frankly, as time will tell, will be the only one to stand the test of time.
If this thread gives pause to someone predicting something outlandish, we are all beter for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My prediction: You will not give me the prize money.

Chew on that

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
How is this ridiculous?
All predictions are posted on ATS in all their glory for all of us to see.
This is just MY prediction, and quite frankly, as time will tell, will be the only one to stand the test of time.
If this thread gives pause to someone predicting something outlandish, we are all beter for it.

As much as I think you will be proved to be wrong at some point, I think you are right to post this and support you in doing so.

It is simply questioning the validity of some claims that are made.

Why shouldn't we attempt to quantify the number of correct predictions here?

I am in agreement with you that it's a good idea and if it does make people think twice before posting rubbish - good.

Better this than hammering OP's though thread after thread, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
haha
well i'm not one to make legitimate predictions, but just for fun and to test myself out...
how about...

An earthquake of magnitude 5.0 [edited from 4.0] or higher somewhere in north america (ring of fire would be too easy
) on......lets go with my birthday, huh?
december 19th of this year.

i'll see this thread again in just over 4 months!
or...sooner if i'm bored again i guess.

edit because I agreed once I looked into it that it was too vague.
ok...prediction staaaarrrrtttss....
NOW!

[edit on 7-8-2008 by BiohazardsBack]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

That actually happens pretty much on a daily basis.
How bout a 6.0 earthquake?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Guy with the pic of the old dude is getting annoying.

Seriously schrode's dog, what is your deal? you come on asking for proof of some prediction, of course it has to be your certain kind of prediction, namely a natural disaster, and the exact date and whatnot.

Then people show you a couple examples of predictions that came true, but they were not of the exact type you were looking for...

A previous poster made a prediction, and now thats not good enough for you. Have to have a 6.0 earthquake blah blah.

Finally you have the audacity to say your prediction, (that no prediction on ATS will actually be accurate) will be the only one to withstand the test of time. Yet you're not predicting what your were looking for in the first place, so it's not a worthwhile prediction anyways.

I agree with Tuebor- put this in BTS.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jmilla

What exactly is upsetting you personally so much?
Is it the peace and harmony in the face of my avatar? His name is Ramana Maharshi for what it's worth.
There are dozens of earthquakes every day over 4.0 in Alaska and Hawaii alone.
I'm sure that any reasonable person including BiohazardsBack aren't getting bent out of shape by me pointing that out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join