It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any predicted EVENT on ATS ever happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Day after day new threads pop up about doomsday scenarios of some kind.

Tsunami will happen ---
Earthquake will happen ---
We'll see Niburu/Planet X ---
The world will end ---
Apocalypse/Armageddon/Rapture in ---
UFO will show up in ---

Don't get me wrong, it's always fun to predict and ATS would have half the traffic if we didn't.
And yes, I'm sure I'll be proved wrong in 2012.
But my question is simple:

Has any prediction threaded on ATS of a major event on a specific date ever come to pass?
I'm not talking about disclosure or the truth about 9/11, I'm talking about unpredictable/act of god events.
Has anyone even come close, even by coinkydinkie?

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm the tsunami poster.

I'm not exactly sure it'll happen, but I just thought it was interesting and simingly likely.

Most predictions on ATS are outdated and wrong. The fact of the matter is, it's a good thing they're wrong!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
I'm the tsunami poster.

I'm not exactly sure it'll happen, but I just thought it was interesting and simingly likely.

Most predictions on ATS are outdated and wrong. The fact of the matter is, it's a good thing they're wrong!

I wasn't having a go at you or any one member specifically just for the record.
I'm actually just curious.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Actually, quite a few come true.

Many people, like myself, post in the threads about predictions and predict that nothing will happen. And then nothing happens. So yes, predictions on ATS have come true.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Actually, quite a few come true.

Many people, like myself, post in the threads about predictions and predict that nothing will happen. And then nothing happens. So yes, predictions on ATS have come true.

lol, Very interesting interpretation.
However existentially speaking, "nothing" the way you mean it cannot really "happen".
Also if "nothing" were to really happen, it would be akin to someone shutting off the lights on the universe.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ah, I failed to elaborate. We predict that the stated prediction will not happen. I dont think that anyone has ever predicted that nothing will happen, then there would be those arguing that something will happen. Very confusing and vague.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Too funny,
The perils of semantics exposed before us.
Now can you help me get back on topic. Do you know if a "stated" prediction on ATS has ever even come close to be true?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A lot of people were predicting that gas was going to hit insane levels in a couple years... And then this year, it did.

The economy predicted to go downhill, has been happening. But that depends on who you ask.

What is it they say? It's a Recession when your neighbour loses their house, and it's a Depression when you lose yours?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Ok, but the examples you use have indicators.
What I'm looking for as per the OP are "out of the blue" event predictions which occupy a large part of the content on ATS. Predictions where the OP predicts a specific event because of their supposed exclusive knowledge.
You know what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think member WhispersInTheDark predicted some bombing in Jakarta. But PTB say he merely exploited a weakness in the post edit system.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvaDavE

I'm not sure what a PTB is, but from what you're saying, the answer to my original question the answer is still no.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

absolutely, i predicted the montauk monster would mysteriously disappear, and that the entities connected with it would put people and animals are at risk.

[edit on 093131p://pm3147 by debris765nju]

[edit on 123131p://am3159 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

That's not really a bold prediction. What I'm talking about is someone saying "this" will happen on "this" date kind of prediction that so pervades ATS.
So the answer to my original question in the OP is still No.
For all the years ATS has been around, not a single prediction.
Interesting.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
One of the more uncanny predictions I've seen here at ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Vagabond predicted that Obama would be nominated president in a very close fight with Clinton. This occurred well in advance of Obama appearing on anyone's radar.

Some of the details of The Vagabond's predictions are amazingly close to what actually happened! Hopefully, the rest of this prediction does not come to pass....

Edit: Please take a look at the start date of that thread: April, 2007.

I was barely aware of Obama at that time. I certainly didn't think he had any chance whatsoever of winning the Democratic nomination.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Hum ok. I will admit that that was a good prediction but it was still a choice between two possible and established outcomes. And at that point if one was to pick Obama for the primaries that victory would have been close by definition.
Guys, ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Read my OP again. Day after day we endure threads like: Look up in the sky Sept 12 2008, Earthquake in August, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Here is another way to phrase the same question:

Was any historic event, catastrophic or otherwise, ever predicted on Above Top Secret?

When you put it that way, the answer is obvious.

This is a naughty, naughty thread topic.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Astyanax, you always rescue me with "le mot juste"

You're not saying that this thread is any way a setup seeding some future ulterior motive on my part. I would never do a thing like that, would I.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I also recall someone posting about rising food prices, and they have. And i also recall mentionings of there being total 3 world currencies or something liek that. And N america was next. And guess, what, its really starting to look that way. Also i remember them posting about the ships for peoples hands/heads/or ID. That is also in the workings. Dont put it all down, there is always truth to be found.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't know about 'future ulterior' but I know you're up to something. My spirit guide, Porcinia Voluptua, has detected unmistakable signs of activity near the Florean Discontinuity of the Adamantine Sephia in the downflux sector of the Third Spiral Arm, where my spies tell me your lair is located. And Porky has never been wrong - not since that unfortunate incident with the truffle at Caligula's birthday party, anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am rather fond of how Alex Collier, back in 1994, stated that significant events would begin unfolding end of August/beginning of September 2001.

What happened?

Planes Crashing into Buildings, which lead on to ...

Al'queda/Osama
Afganistan
Anthrax Letters
Iraq
Shock and Awe
Weapons of Mass Destruction
War on Terror (NOT terrorism)
Patriot Act
Homeland Security
Mission Accomplished
North Korean Missile Testing
Saddam Executed
Iraq Democracy
Iranian Nuclear Programs
Oil
Economy

(I'm certain i left plenty of other things out)

My personal view of the world changed greatly after all this stuff. Reading about world wars, international affairs, terrorism, 3rd world instabilities, and what not that occured before my time and actually living in a decade of the same rubbish is two completely different things. I am astounded as to what George W accomplished in his two terms. He'll likely go down as one of the most memorable presidents in history, in no way do I mean that in a positive light. Dick Cheney will just be a passing in the wind.

Of course, Alex had many bold predictions most of which didn't come true. So it now comes down to how a prediction actually unfolds.

Another approach to predictions could be related to Terrence McKenna's Timewave Zero theory. If syncronocities in history truely does occur in a downward spiral, then we're likely to see more and more strange things happening more frequently. The recent wave of decapitations is quite baffling. If McKenna's theory truely does model such a historical pattern, then its possible that anybody can predict that something crazy will happen on such and such a date and infact turn out that something stupid did occur.

I don't recall too many significant events happening in the 80's/90's that was conversation worthy. Challenger Shuttle exploding, Massacre at Tiannamin Square, Gulf War, Internet going mainstream, nintendo, etc. Compared to 2000 and beyond, a whole lot more stuff has happened. Stuff is happening now and the future is looming on economic collapse and Iranian war/WW3. Of course, we could blame global communications as to why we know so little about world events in the 80's/90's and why we know so much about 2000+ now.

So in conclusion, when a prediction is made and it does not occur, its dismissed as rubbish. When a prediction is made and something does occur, its dismissed as lucky coincidence. Everyone knows that stuff is happening and is going to happen in the future, predicting it is like throwing darts at a dart board. I for one am amused at the people who manage to hit dead center and I feel it's worth investigating such intuition. Precognition is an interesting subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join