It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. I am God. How are you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I enjoyed your rambling.. come back from infinity soon. it sounds right, and complicated and then back to right again. I try to figure it out sometimes, but then I get bored and just live. Then back again. I keep reassuring myself that it doesn't really matter, in the end I will find out. I don't want to ruin the ending to my great movie. But I like remembering it is just a movie and I should enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I've noticed that everyone seems a little shy about talking about what they think. It's funny to me that we think we are a little crazy or odd to talk about it. Ideas that don't go along with some norms... and yet we think about them all the time. Possibilities. No one knows for sure what happens when we die. It' s a free for all. Nobody is wrong. Nobody can debunk you. Isn't that a nice change?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

good thread and thumbs up.

i have often thought about the subject of god and humanity and who did the creating. did a deity/ies create humans or did humans create a deity/ies to explain creation?

if your theory is right of you and all of us being god, then what is the point of even keeping the concept of god around? it's obsolete terminology stemming from an inaccurate viewpoint.

what does this change in terms of our humanity? are we going to not need food and water tomorrow? can i quit my meaningless job and still have an income to live off of? is wealth and greed still going to drive people? hell, we still wouldn't know what exactly happens after our bodies die...what happens to our spirit, does it inhabit another life form...does it just melt into the rest of god? does calling us by a different name change anything about what we are and always have been?

if we all are god, we are still very much human. actually it wouldn't matter what you called us....god....human....we still are the same race. if anything, it would help us evolve the use of our mind more...reiterating our unlimited potential.

if this is true, we do not need the concept [of what we now define as] god.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I tried saying some of this stuff in a certain other "conspiracy" forum, only to be quickly labeled nuts and recommended medication and seen as attacking and forcing my opinions down throats. It's amazing what some atheists will do to try and make anyone with hope and compassion feel guilty about knowing, as opposed to believing.

in relation to this theory of yours, these old terms [atheist, deist, theist] would hold little meaning because they all originate with god being exterior to humanity to begin with. so even if i was an 'atheist,' i wouldn't be anymore.

atheists believe in humanity. if humanity is god, atheists do not exist. and since we are god, we should know everything and not have to merely believe. but for some reason, humans are not omniscient, however, we have the potential to be i suppose.

the concept of god [in western thought] is exterior to humanity to begin with. this theory of yours is trying to connect oneness into it. but oneness does not need god. oneness needs universal connectedness. maybe zero point or akashic theory. global consciousness. higher dimensions ie the astral plane.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I keep reassuring myself that it doesn't really matter, in the end I will find out.

From my perspective you are absolutely correct. It doesn't matter one bit. We can look around our physical universe and realize the limit of our senses and see that this is where our concentration should be. If you suddenly gained consciousness and found yourself in 3rd grade you would look around and then be a 3rd grader. You wouldn't study differential equations and trigonometric functions during recess. Ok, you might but it's completely unnecessary.

I've noticed that everyone seems a little shy about talking about what they think.

That probably comes from having literally no on in RL that talks about such stuff. I learned a long time ago to just keep my mouth shut. Also, the subject matter has been used by people with a savior complex. There's none on this thread thankfully. But I try to show humbleness when speaking of this so that others don't think I think I'm somehow more special than anybody else. Spiritual ideas and the ego are a dangerous mixture and I've seen a handful of people on this site mix them. It's not pretty. So that's another reason behind of my choice of wording.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OmniVersal

That probably comes from having literally no on in RL that talks about such stuff. I learned a long time ago to just keep my mouth shut. Also, the subject matter has been used by people with a savior complex. There's none on this thread thankfully. But I try to show humbleness when speaking of this so that others don't think I think I'm somehow more special than anybody else. Spiritual ideas and the ego are a dangerous mixture and I've seen a handful of people on this site mix them. It's not pretty. So that's another reason behind of my choice of wording.
Absolutely. I keep my ideas to myself too. That is the glory of ATS, to be able to say these things with out social judgment(especially facial ones) or consequences.
I agree they are a dangerous mixture. And humbleness is nice in all conversations in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Okay, I want to ask all of the believers in the philosophy of "we are all one" something. I am one of those people, but I wouldn't say I believe as much as I would say I know...

Anyway, simple question to start off with:

Why is it that many people can seem to understand that "We are all one", but if I said I was God, even those people would think I was crazy? How can that be a crazy thing to say if the first statement is true?

If we are all one, who else is there? If separation is an illusion, then I must unequivocally be God. There's no one else, that I am aware of. There are other "meez" everywhere that I interact with, and that have similar awareness of "reality" as me, but if we are all one, then at the core of their soul, they are still me. So there's no one else BUT God, and I can say that I am Him, and you are all experiences of my mind's eye. even the "devil" came from me, then... and if I'm honest with myself, I can find exactly where that devil is inside.

Is God just a big metaphor for the one being that's dreaming us all up? It's very interesting when you compare a dream to reality. Compare the similarities. You create a whole world that seems separate and real, and within that world, there's your character, along with all of these other sentient beings that would swear up and down that they are real and separate and themselves if you asked them. We buy that most of the time without question. Few people have the ability to be lucid in dreams all the time, so even those who every once in a while claim to have discovered they were in a dream, it's not long before they get sucked back in and act as if everything is happening TO them, instead of for them. Let's face it, even most of our rough and frightening dreams are interesting. We always look back on nightmares we remember, and a lot of people find talking about dreams absolutely uproariously absurd and hilariously amusing, even the bad ones.

So... would it be a stretch of the imagination... if you consider the philosophies of "all is one" combined with "as above, so below"... to consider that this is just a lower level, "denser" dream, and the dreams at night are of a higher dimension of the same overall dream of one mind?

Would it be a stretch to proclaim that I am God dreaming?

Am I you? and vice versa?

Are we all the same consciousness wearing an infinite amount of different masks, just like the infinite variety of characters in your sleep dreams?

If so... what IS the use of being cruel or judging towards anyone? It would just cause a chain reaction, quickly spiraling out of control and making our dream into a nightmare. You know how fine of a line it is between dream and nightmare. Just one bad thought can quickly change something fun and groovy into something horrifying and discordant.

Satanists believe that either there is no God, or that God is insane...

I guess in a way they would be right. There is no outer God sitting in a throne in Heaven somewhere in space. God is definitely dissociated with himself a lot. So I guess God WOULD be considered insane to the rationalist.

If you look at things in a certain perspective, everything is insane. Look around at our society right now. Destroying the wonderful dream we made up, all because of a small pet peeve here and there a long time ago. Look at how silly putting all our faith in all things temporary is. We're all gunna die and have no need for America then, so what's so sane about being patriotic?
But it's normal to be that way. What one man thinks is crazy, another man thinks is essential and sane, while thinking the previous guy hopping mad.

Dreams are kind of kooky like that.

So wake up and meet Me your God, same as You. Just dreamin'!

People will take this out of context, I'm sure.

I'm tired. more soon...

I believe you are along the lines of what the Terra Papers explain. That man must understand that he is the one who runs his destiny, that religion, and belief in higher-beings is just one way to control the masses. Human beings are their own gods and should run their life to how they seem fit, before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This is an interesting concept that I have been exploring during my psychology courses. I believe it is a valid argument.

Because there is one thing that is ABSOLUTELY necessary for ALL people and that is dreaming. We MUST dream or else we begin to break down and go nuts. Why is this? Sure, there are a few 'medical' explanations that are based off of guesses but it does seem a very valid and interesting point to this whole discussion.

Every person must sleep and everyone must dream in one way or another. Well, there is that case of a man who hasn't slept in like 30 years or something. He still dreams though.

Very interesting topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I never understood the afterlife points system either

but since I don't know anything about the afterlife - I sometimes start counting my points on my fingers - just in case

but - when everyone talks about an all knowing, all loving - forgiving god - it just doesn't make sense

I always imagine god sitting down next to Stalin (you know - up there - wherever) and saying -

"wow - you really messed that one up"

in other words - I wonder if the standards for horror and pain are different in this reality than they are in another reality

of course - this only works with the god-looks-like-Santa--and-can-sit-down-and-chat kinda god

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

I believe you are along the lines of what the Terra Papers explain. That man must understand that he is the one who runs his destiny, that religion, and belief in higher-beings is just one way to control the masses. Human beings are their own gods and should run their life to how they seem fit, before it is too late.

I have a feeling I should read these Terra papers - just so I have a clue

I agree about religion being used to control the masses part - that part is pretty conspicuous - but it turns into a throwing the baby out with the bath water thing - I don't actually see religion itself - or the belief in higher beings - as bad - or wrong

that's just me - but - and I'm not sure where I'm going with this exactly - the humans have language

I think the other critters have language too - but that's another topic

so much of our evolution - as just monkeys - and as spiritual beings - involves how we explain things to ourselves

our symbols, our metaphors - our words - our art - the way our minds make sense of things - so the things we use to explain the realities we can't explain - our gods and prophets - and elves and fairies - are there for a reason

and in some instances - maybe our symbols and metaphors are as good as real - depending on how we define real

at what point in our existence are we really ready to see ourselves without a parent?

to see that we are parts of a whole?

imagining a universe without training wheels might be a bit much - until we're ready

I know individuals can and do imagine it - Buddha for instance

and plain old regular folks who are still here

but all of humanity - as an entity - might have to take it in baby steps

like Bob :-)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan

in relation to this theory of yours, these old terms [atheist, deist, theist] would hold little meaning because they all originate with god being exterior to humanity to begin with. so even if i was an 'atheist,' i wouldn't be anymore.

I like that -

which means - there are no atheists

touchy subject - I know

my dad was an atheist - except that he really wasn't - but he was

one of the most open minded people I've ever known - anything was fair game - so in some ways I think he saw belief in god as just a kind of curfew on his mind

time to come in and stop playing

but - he still saw himself as plugged in to the universe - so - maybe it really is about language and rules - and the view from the hill you're on at that moment

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How do you measure the duration of NOW. How long is it? Now.... now. now. now... The question I asked is already in the past.

what if there is only one purpose. To create with our soul. Anything we want. Anything we desire? What if we made a plan and follow it to the tee? What if we only have certain stops to make along the way, but everything else is gravy?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by seagrass]

well i guess if you want to look at the divisions of time it is dependant of the form of reality you exist in.

you could say that everything has already happened in every conceivable way it could possibly occur and all we are are nothing more than shadows of thos events traveling along picking different pathways through the corridors of time because we arnt capable of perceiving the entirety of events all at once.

on this world we create our own purpose, but its a superficial purpose and doesnt relate to the master plan of the universe, which is why ive always believed in god (not making this a religeous thread) because to believe that life was created through a series of random events could potentially imply that we are the only life in the universe and our selfawareness becomes nothing more than mutation an error in life

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
you could say that everything has already happened in every conceivable way it could possibly occur and all we are are nothing more than shadows of thos events traveling along picking different pathways through the corridors of time because we arnt capable of perceiving the entirety of events all at once.

Ive always considered that time is like a reference device, one which is used to string together events which have taken place in created space. I'm not so sure that the idea that time is linear or circular even is correct, instead if we consider that ever moment of creation stands together within a collection of vast infinite moments, that at any time creation could massively jump from one such point to another in the perception of the observer in the sense of a "main" time line, our bodies are programed to subject that shift into a linear sense even if that is not how the universe is actually running.

I believe to a degree that within each of us is housed a potion of "god" so to speak, we are like the eyes connecting back to the brain that is the creator, through our observation and interaction is the world around us shaped, more so than any other creature has ever managed to achieve.

I truly doubt we are the only kind of such consciousness in the universe, however we are the expression of such within this area, overall human belief is what undeniably shapes the reality we live in, imagine the power that could be harnassed if you could make the whole world truly believe in something wonderous.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

God chooses to forget and deny himself sometimes

Is this before or after he gets hit with a stun gun until the batteries run out in order for him to forget?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

God is a metaphor for the highest level in a developmental system of change or growth.
That part of development outside of [God] that is within the developmental cycle is God in involution . . . the developmental aspect is God in evolution.
We as beings are in a state of involution. When we evolve to God and complete the development then we can accurately call ourselves God

God is also everything, which excludes nothing

There can be nothing in being which is not of God because if it were then that other thing would be another God, and the concept of oneness or unity testifies that there is only one God.

Therefore actually God hasn’t created anything but alters aspects of himself.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
God is also light—light versus darkness in the sense that it takes light to see the truth from what is not truth. The darkness is when we don’t see the truth because it is veiled by something. Light allows us to see the veil for what it is and then beyond that veil we can see truth [God] in relationship to phenomenal darkness.

So light is God and truth is God and darkness is also God because . . .

God in light is seeing

God in darkness is being

God in knowing is all the shades between darkness and light which are infinite

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Great post! I think now we're getting to the heart of it...or at least some of it.

I was going to post a longer message on this topic but then I saw your post and thought that jumping to the "end" might be a good place to start . In a nutshell, I believe many of the ideas expressed in the previous posts although I have a slightly different take on things. I'll be happy to share my "thoughts" in more detail if anyone is interested.

But when you get to the end of my road so to speak, ultimately I believe that "all that is" exists for one reason. God (of which we are all a part/fragment) is seeking the answers to 2 simple questions:

Who am I?

Why am I here?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian

If one was to truly believe we are one, you wouldn't need to ask the question. It is what it is. At every level. If we are one with the creator, we are also the creator. If a grain of sand is Earth, it is Earth. and so forth. It's simple. We are given the illusion of separateness in order to use it... to create just like "God" does. Then return to the one. It is the returning to the one that has me boggled. How to go from an illusion of separateness back into the one?

To rephrase what you have said to the simplest form, if we are one with the creator, and there is only the creator, then we are the creator. Please feel free to correct this simplificaiton if I misconstrue.

So who created the creator? And no the creator cannot create the creator, because the creator dosen't exist yet.

You see there cannot be a creator with that logic. No Escaton. Therefore no God, unless God is external to the system. Therefore we could not be one with God.

This is simple logic.

if you are saying that you are a part of the system and the system is self aware, and aware of every aspect of itself.You are still only an aspect of the whole. For example, Your fingernail is not aware of every aspect of your body.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

The question: Who created God(or what came before) is only valid behind the illusion of time.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by seagrass

Great post! I think now we're getting to the heart of it...or at least some of it.

I was going to post a longer message on this topic but then I saw your post and thought that jumping to the "end" might be a good place to start . In a nutshell, I believe many of the ideas expressed in the previous posts although I have a slightly different take on things. I'll be happy to share my "thoughts" in more detail if anyone is interested.

But when you get to the end of my road so to speak, ultimately I believe that "all that is" exists for one reason. God (of which we are all a part/fragment) is seeking the answers to 2 simple questions:

Who am I?

Why am I here?

I is the focus of awarness of feeling

We are here to make feeling . . . good, happy, joyful and loving

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
if we are all one, that means we are all God, not just you. To say that you are God is fine, so long as you realize that I am also God.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join