It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. I am God. How are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Okay, I want to ask all of the believers in the philosophy of "we are all one" something. I am one of those people, but I wouldn't say I believe as much as I would say I know...

Anyway, simple question to start off with:

Why is it that many people can seem to understand that "We are all one", but if I said I was God, even those people would think I was crazy? How can that be a crazy thing to say if the first statement is true?

If we are all one, who else is there? If separation is an illusion, then I must unequivocally be God. There's no one else, that I am aware of. There are other "meez" everywhere that I interact with, and that have similar awareness of "reality" as me, but if we are all one, then at the core of their soul, they are still me. So there's no one else BUT God, and I can say that I am Him, and you are all experiences of my mind's eye. even the "devil" came from me, then... and if I'm honest with myself, I can find exactly where that devil is inside.

Is God just a big metaphor for the one being that's dreaming us all up? It's very interesting when you compare a dream to reality. Compare the similarities. You create a whole world that seems separate and real, and within that world, there's your character, along with all of these other sentient beings that would swear up and down that they are real and separate and themselves if you asked them. We buy that most of the time without question. Few people have the ability to be lucid in dreams all the time, so even those who every once in a while claim to have discovered they were in a dream, it's not long before they get sucked back in and act as if everything is happening TO them, instead of for them. Let's face it, even most of our rough and frightening dreams are interesting. We always look back on nightmares we remember, and a lot of people find talking about dreams absolutely uproariously absurd and hilariously amusing, even the bad ones.

So... would it be a stretch of the imagination... if you consider the philosophies of "all is one" combined with "as above, so below"... to consider that this is just a lower level, "denser" dream, and the dreams at night are of a higher dimension of the same overall dream of one mind?

Would it be a stretch to proclaim that I am God dreaming?

Am I you? and vice versa?

Are we all the same consciousness wearing an infinite amount of different masks, just like the infinite variety of characters in your sleep dreams?

If so... what IS the use of being cruel or judging towards anyone? It would just cause a chain reaction, quickly spiraling out of control and making our dream into a nightmare. You know how fine of a line it is between dream and nightmare. Just one bad thought can quickly change something fun and groovy into something horrifying and discordant.

Satanists believe that either there is no God, or that God is insane...

I guess in a way they would be right. There is no outer God sitting in a throne in Heaven somewhere in space. God is definitely dissociated with himself a lot. So I guess God WOULD be considered insane to the rationalist.

If you look at things in a certain perspective, everything is insane. Look around at our society right now. Destroying the wonderful dream we made up, all because of a small pet peeve here and there a long time ago. Look at how silly putting all our faith in all things temporary is. We're all gunna die and have no need for America then, so what's so sane about being patriotic?
But it's normal to be that way. What one man thinks is crazy, another man thinks is essential and sane, while thinking the previous guy hopping mad.

Dreams are kind of kooky like that.

So wake up and meet Me your God, same as You. Just dreamin'!

People will take this out of context, I'm sure.

I'm tired. more soon...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Namaste!
“The god in me salutes the god in you”.

Kacou.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Not intending a one liner, but if you were God "The Escaton", You would know the answer to your own question.

I am quite fine thank you for asking, your almightyness.

I think there is a small flaw in your reasoning, simply because the universe is one integrated whole, does not make us God.

In fact that excludes and precludes our being God, The Escaton.

If the universe is God, and we a part of God, then we are significant for our participation in the whole; but we are not the whole, and there can be no Escaton.

If the creator is external to the universe, the creation which we are part of, then again we are not God; because we are then part of a system external to God.

If we are all part of God, then you can say you are a piston, or carborator or bolt or some other part of the assembly, to use an automotive analogy. But an automobile part is not an automobile. You do not drive a sparkplug, and a piston ring was not the founder The Ford Motor Company.

All that being said, we are divine in nature and origin. And I pray one day we begin to treat one another in a sacred way.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If one was to truly believe we are one, you wouldn't need to ask the question. It is what it is. At every level. If we are one with the creator, we are also the creator. If a grain of sand is Earth, it is Earth. and so forth. It's simple. We are given the illusion of separateness in order to use it... to create just like "God" does. Then return to the one. It is the returning to the one that has me boggled. How to go from an illusion of separateness back into the one?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Who's to say that we're all one?
Course this goes against your thought experiment, but that's the point.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
If one was to truly believe we are one, you wouldn't need to ask the question. It is what it is. At every level. If we are one with the creator, we are also the creator. If a grain of sand is Earth, it is Earth. and so forth. It's simple. We are given the illusion of separateness in order to use it... to create just like "God" does. Then return to the one. It is the returning to the one that has me boggled. How to go from an illusion of separateness back into the one?

To rephrase what you have said to the simplest form, if we are one with the creator, and there is only the creator, then we are the creator. Please feel free to correct this simplificaiton if I misconstrue.

So who created the creator? And no the creator cannot create the creator, because the creator dosen't exist yet.

You see there cannot be a creator with that logic. No Escaton. Therefore no God, unless God is external to the system. Therefore we could not be one with God.

This is simple logic.

if you are saying that you are a part of the system and the system is self aware, and aware of every aspect of itself.You are still only an aspect of the whole. For example, Your fingernail is not aware of every aspect of your body.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm fine, Your Almightiness

You, on the other hand, don't seem to be doing so well.

I mean, if you're all one, and omnipotent into the bargain, why on earth are you so confused, conflicted and downright psychotic at times?

Why are you at constant war with yourself?

Why do you attack yourself with epidemics, with diseases and parasites?

Why do you prey upon yourself?

Why do you glut yourself so recklessly and starve yourself so ruthlessly?

Why is it your disparate elements would so often rather die than compromise with one another?

Why do you so often say one thing and do the opposite?

Why are you so wasteful and inefficient?

Why are you such a slave to habit?

Why are you so prone to self-deceit and folly?

Why do you so evidently lack a purpose in life?

Pardon my asking, but I have always wondered.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a circle has no beginning and no end. Where does the circle start?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I think he just enjoys a good supernova every now and again.

But it is good that you petition the Lord with Prayer for an answer to that most troubling question, and I would add.

Why do babys die, why are some born deformed?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You are not God but part of it.
Same for “Individual God”, he is God because we are part of him. If we where not part of him then he and us wouldn’t exist.
The big difference between God and us is that God has the awareness of been God, as we have just theological and philosophical theory that strapped us to believe that God and us are separated from something unconceivable.
Each speck (soul) of God when fully aware and enlighten will generate and be God in a never ending cycle.
So in brief you are not God yet because if you where you wouldn’t be asking questions like some other post pointed out.

Kacou.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a circle has no beginning and no end. Where does the circle start?

There are no such things as circles. They are an abstraction devised by abberant aspects of the one called mathematicians.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well, yeah, at some level we are all the same, at least physically speaking i mean, that is a given. (the basic buildingblocks of life). And i am of the belief that we all are connected at some fundamental level, that level is what you can call God/the basic energy/the prime consciousness. So we are all part of the same consciousness but cannot access it right now (per choice) so that We/I can experience the whole scala of emotions that would otherwise not be able to exist. God is the Ultimate MPS patient only totally out of free will and maybe the only one who can stop it when he wants it and is able to know what the 'others' (us) are up to.

Being a part of god is not the same as being god, i mean a baseball player is not the whole team so i'm not god but i'm a part of it, a pretty much ignorant part of it at that. But no matter, there will be a time when We/I will be consciously whole again and maybe think of another game to play, in the mean time this is it. And in a world where everybody is potentially as godly as another there is nobody with an unfair advantage because it evens out.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
In order to have a beginning, there must be it's opposite... which requires time in between. Does time exist?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
How does one cell split into two?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

At the risk of redundant posting, have you seen 'The Nines'?

Decent movie that addresses this very subject. However it's more character-driven than philosophical and doesn't have any 'answers'. Still has entertainment value, imo.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

In order to have a beginning, there must be it's opposite... which requires time in between. Does time exist?

Time does not exist, just as light does not travel. Light is everywhere along it's path at once and our perception of it travels at a constant.

How could light travel at the same observed constant speed, when observed passing two objects moving at different speeds in the same direction? If light is everywhere along it's path at once, how can there be time which would measure it's travel.

There is rhythm and synchronization in nature. Like metronomes which synchronize, there are no clocks in nature which force an unyielding rhythm upon the universe.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I dont want to leave a one liner but im too tired to take this on in full.

However know that if you told me that you where god I would tell you that no you aren't but god is you.

Within you is the potential for a form of limited godhead, and the birthright of full godhead when you are truly "recalled", however at this time you are certainly not god in the sense of the meaning that most would take from such a statement.

I don't have a sign in yet i just come here to read mostly what people say but i like this thread some im gonna sign this post.

gYv

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you break a rock in two, is it now two different rocks?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Oh yes, undoubtedly.

Just as, if you cut an earthworm in two, it becomes two earthworms.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

my beliefs kind of move around a lot - and in a way I end up believing everything and nothing at the same time

but the one thing I've believed consistently throughout my life is that we are all individual parts of a whole

another thing I've always believed is - there is a point to it all

I feel - when I really ponder it - that the point is to recognize the point - and our true identity

I've always had a sense that enlightenment is that realization - that you - the separate you - doesn't actually exist - and the moment you see that - your identity is revealed

"you" disappear - except that you don't - you just remember who you really are

sounds good on paper (maybe) and I can get my head around the idea - but - the actual moment escapes me

if we are all parts of a whole - and we call the whole God - then I can't claim to actually be God - without the rest of you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join