It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Defiance of World Court, Texas Executes Mexican Criminal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

In Defiance of World Court, Texas Executes Mexican Criminal

news.yahoo.com

HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A Mexican-born condemned prisoner was executed Tuesday night for the rape and murder of two teenage girls 15 years ago after a divided U.S. Supreme Court rejected his request for a reprieve...

The International Court of Justice said Medellin and some 50 other Mexicans on death row around the U.S. should have new hearings in U.S. courts to determine whether the 1963 treaty was violated during their arrests
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The politics of whether the death penalty is right or wrong aside from a second, I am glad that he got executed. I am glad that the state of Texas and the US excercised their soverignity here and showed that a crime committed on their soil, is still indeed a punishable crime, regardless of the perpatrator's citizenship.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

God bless Texas.

LOL@"In defiance of the World Court", a body that holds no sway in a sovereign country. That's like me doing something in defiance of the governor of Connecticut - totally irrelevant. This gives me hope that globalism isn't as inevitable as it sometimes seems.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
To the state of Texas and the supreme court for upholding our nation's sovereignity and defying the world court. It's about damn time someone stood up and said you can't have it both ways !

People like Medillen really piss me off. He wants to be here in this country, live as an American, but as soon as he does something wrong he wants to pull that i'm a Mexican citizen and i want to see my consulate crap !

I mean fine if he's here on vacation, or a visit with family then he should see his consulate. But the guy was here for 15 years, he came over here when he was 3 and was 18 when he committed those crimes. At 18 he was an adult and knew where he wanted to be, if he really felt that he was a Mexican citizen than he should have went back to Mexico. He chose to stay in America and proceded to gang rape, torture, and kill two young girls, bringing his 14 year old brother along to join in.

I understand that he did not choose to come here, he was brought over as a toddler, but when he became of age, knowing the laws of this country he chose to stay. IMO that meant that he gave up his right to his consulate and was willing to abide by our laws. I'm pretty sure that if i went to go live on another country i would be expected to abide by their laws. We can't just let people come into this country and stay here for years, legally, or illegally and commit crimes and then go crying to their goverment to help them escape their punishment.

The world court says there are another 50 Mexican citizens on death row throughout the US that must be allowed to see their consulate. That number of foriegn citizens, commiting crimes serious enough to warrant the dealth penalty seeems to high a number to me, especially since they all come from the same country. And the "world court" is trying to tell us that we don't have the right to carry out their sentences for crimes commited here ? But yet the whole cries out when Americans complain about too many immigrants coming in, they all want us to take every single person that wants to come here. Well they can't have it both ways, if they want us to take them then they have to be subject to our laws.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You see the corrupt system.Jails and executes foreigners.Allows no extradition.Yet it spends millions on extraditing foreigners from there own country's having never set foot in the US, for internet crimes.
What part of people brains are malfunctioning enough to think that this is a fair and just system?
What are peoples major malfunctions, at thinking any of the people running the country are not purely evil?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
excellent. nothing would have been done if he was exrtradited back to mexico. justice has been served.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Considering the atrocity he committed I'm surprised he even had the nerve to say he was worth living. I'm glad he's dead. It shouldn't take this long to get a killer executed however, his crimes go way back to 93

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
And there we have..........the major malfunctions.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Well said, I'm very glad this happened. It gives me hope that soverienity isn't dead yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
You see the corrupt system.Jails and executes foreigners.Allows no extradition.Yet it spends millions on extraditing foreigners from there own country's having never set foot in the US, for internet crimes.

I;m not sure what case you're reffering to here, but I'm going to play the devil's advocate and as what's wrong with that? If the internet crime is done from another country, but effects the US, I think the US shoudl still have the right to prosecute.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Like the saying goes, "Don't mess with Texas."

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am proud of Texas. I think it sends a clear message that you cannot come across our borders illegally, rape murder and pillage, and then expect a free bus ride back to Tijuana so that you can sneak back across and do it all over again.

Lesson learned, come to Texas and commit a violent act against it's citizens and you will get a one way ticket to the gas chamber.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Lesson learned, come to Texas and commit a violent act against it's citizens and you will get a one way ticket to the gas chamber.

It has been that way for quite some time. Most people in the U.S and across the world know that if you're going to commit a violent crime, Texas is not the logical place to do it in. It has been that wa for quite some time and is likely to stay that way, regardless of what the "World Court" thinks.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Like the saying goes, "Don't mess with Texas."

Most of the people here really try to put their foot down about things like this, and illegal immegration, but it's out-of-state governments that trip up the effort.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I think that has worked for the greater good, too. All things cosidered, it's a good place to live. People know they will be held responsible for what they do.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What part of people brains are malfunctioning enough to think that this is a fair and just system?
What are peoples major malfunctions, at thinking any of the people running the country are not purely evil?

Here he goes again, talking about Gary Mckinnon.

You couldn't convince people about that nonsense on the McKinnon thread so now you post it here?

The people running the country are evil? What sort of logic is that?

This inhuman bastard raped and murdered children. Are you taking his side in this? Because that's how it sounds.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My only regret is that we fed and clothed him for 15 years before we did him in.

I have ambiguous feelings about the death penalty, but this is one of those cases that pushes me to support it.

If it were up to me, they would have found a high branch right after sentencing and been done with him awhile back. Him and his buddies that helped perpetrate the horrible crime.

I am VERY pro-Mexican, and want open borders. Scum like this is what sets back the effort.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He sure is taking that scumbags side. Seems every post he makes in threads is about how terrible things in and about the US are. Good for Texas. The people in other states are getting pissed that it takes 20 years in most cases to carry out a sentance of death. If law enforcement and DA's officesdid they're job instead of worrying about furthering they're political career, it might work better and the thought of an innocent being executed wouldn't introduce doubt into the process!
Zindo

[edit on 8/6/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You see the corrupt system......

I agree with you 100%. The jail system here is corrupt.

If it wasn't, he would have been executed at the end of his trial, and not 15+ years later.

Glad this scumbag is finally kicked his oxygen habit.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What concerns me most is the precedent this will set for Americans being held in foreign countries. While I have no sympathy for this scumbag in particular, the problems of illegal immigration are not going to be solved through executions.

EDIT to add: If this country had done something about illegal immigration to start with, there wouldn't have been any American victims.

[edit on 8/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join