It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Defiance of World Court, Texas Executes Mexican Criminal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Although I'm a bit late in the conversation, I feel that I must interject my "wacky" American opinion. I've heard many arguments on this thread that vary from open borders (which I vehemently oppose) to the treatment of our citizens abroad.

First and foremost let me say that i applaud the great state of Texas for keeping it"s time honored tradition of STATES RIGHTS by not folding under the pressure of the "World Court," ethnocentric activist groups, or the so called Mexican Government (or lack thereof, in which case this would have been a nonissue in the firts place).

For those of you that argue in defence of "the poor Mexican citizen" that savaged these young girls, on the basis that he's a forign citizen and Texas has "no right" to deliver justice accourding to it's laws and justice system (bestowed upon it by the "Sovergn" nation known as the USA). Let us revistit a long forgotten international criminal case.

In 1994 eighteen year old Michael Fay was arrested in Singapore for vandalism and throwing eggs at over 18 cars. Undoubtedly the actions of a spoiled young punk that were more than deserving of punishment. As a result of his actions the government of Singapore sentenced Fay to 4 months imprisonment, a $1,400 fine and 6 lashes by a waterlogged Rattan cane (used due to it's ability to inflict severe injury and pain by splitting flesh easily). As if this were not enough the government of Singapore enlisted the aid of a Martial Arts expert that specialized in this form of punishment in order to inflict maximum damage and pain upon the insolent American.

While some Americans felt sorrow and discontent for the treatment and severe form of punishment handed down to the young Fay many felt that he had dishonored Americans by behaving in such a manner while abroad. However there were no outcry's to a "World Court" only an appeal by then President Clinton to the Cheif Justice and President of Singapore for mercy on the behalf of an American Citizen. However there was no such reprieve only a reduction from 6 lashes to 4 lashes. Ultimately the punishment was served as it should have been accourding to "their laws" no matter how cruel and unusaul we may find it. The Fay family petitioned to have their private physician examine Michael after the beating and was denied for fear that he would be given pain killers. As is the custom those that receive lashes are expected to suffer the full effects of the punishment.

Oddly enough this is the same punishment handeddown to rapest and murderers in Singapore. And many in the Staes viewed this as too severe a punishment for a vandal (by our standards).

I will say that I am in no way saying that it's ok to beat people and cause them pain as a punishment, however it was the system of justice that Singapore had found effective and was the prevailing Law of the Land in that country and now matter how overboard we thought it was Michael Fay was subject to those laws, just as in this case being discussed about the Mexican "citizen". He commited a horrible crime in a foreign land and is, in fact subject to The Law of the Land no matter what the "global community" thinks about it.

The fact of the matter is that the "world court" has no jurisdiction inside US boders and it is up to Texas to deal with it's own affairs. This scum had to be punished and furthermore removed from society, why should tax payers foot the bill for a luxurious stay in our exquisite American jails? No, he had to go! Furthermore he needed to feel something very neer to what his victims felt, and at least Texas can afford him the favor of letting him know what it feels like! To know that you are seconds away from death. Great job Texas keep up the good work!

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join