It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
im sick of this christ bashing, anyone of you ignorant slanderers wanna debate, im more than happy to answer!

but how dare any of you suggest that MY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST is responsible for the wars of the past!

just because some twisted ego maniacs wanted to twist the gospel, to fulfil there own agenda, doesnt mean they were following christ!!

WHATS A CHRISTIAN?! someone who follows christ and has given their life to him,

what on earth has DYING ON THE CROSS FOR YOUR SINS got to do with the crusades?

WELL?!

i hate religion! jesus hung around with murderers, thieves, prostitutes, the low lifes of society, but one kind of people he hated, WAS THE HYPOCRITES! the religious hypocrites!

oprah is watering down jesus christ, and his saving grace, with fancy, and nice sounding philosophies that at face value sound wonderful but ARE VOID OF POWER!

im not talking military power! im talking the power to save you from whats coming, we have ALL rebelled against God, there is so few anymore who love him!

we are all going to stand before the God of the universe and give account of our lives, but jesus died for you and me so that WHATEVER THE CONSEQUENCE OF OUR LIVES ARE, HE WILL TAKE WHATEVER WE DESERVED, AND NAIL IT TO THE CROSS!

oprahs philosophies are robbing you of a relationship with God!

i follow christ, not man, let man start wars, let man slander God, i will not.

"Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come"

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't think she evolves, as much as just embraces what is hot at the moment, for the sake of her show. Perhaps I am mistaken, but whatever is most popular at the moment, is what she heavily supports. And changing someone's belief system that often can be either called evolving I suppose, or just wishy-washy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Well good for Oprah! I wish her (ehem) "godspeed".

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mproject

It's great you have such belief in myth. Follow the book of fiction. It doesn't matter how angry you get, your still wrong. Time to live in the now and get out of your God phase. Before him there was roman Gods, now this is the new one. I see the new ones coming up soon, the belief that aliens created us, it's all a bunch of crap as far as I am concerned.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Don't be sick of Christ bashing people. Actually it is time for rejoicing my brother.

John 15:18-19 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

You can be assured you're on the right path whenever you endure slander or hatred for Jesus's sake.

Pray for your enemies, love them, and rejoice.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To the OP:

you do realize that if you do not like what Oprah is saying, there are these nifty little buttons residing on your TV or remote control that empower you to completely avoid her!

Change the freaking channel and stop complaining. You know what's really wrong with America today? We have become a nation of whiny little brats that complain and moan any time our delicate sensibilities are the least bit offended! If you don't like what Oprah has to say, don't watch her, don't listen to her. It's pretty freaking simple. Who cares if other people believe her? Or are you that insecure in your own beliefs that you cannot stand for others to believe differently from you?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There are a lot of religions out there that say they are the correct one. So I have always wondered what made the belief in Christ, the superrior one, or is it just a western thing. Who really cares what Oprah is doing, all these stupid religions have survived throughout the ages, I doubt a woman with a talk show is going to do any damage.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mproject
"Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come"

That only means one needs to think about what is being presented to him otherwise he'll be like a sheep. Same goes for Oprah. Same for any christian prophet, politician and so on.

It's funny people somehow don't give a person like Oprah the libery to speak whatever she wants and at the same time the exact oposite is being granted to some religious, fear-mongering individual. Just because it does fit their way of thinking.

I would be shocked at humanity for being dumbed-down if I didn't know it's always been that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Christians have a lot to say about this Oprah controversy…but remember

1 Peter 3:15 (New International Version)

“…Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect…”

“Gentleness” = Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender. Not harsh or severe.

“Respect” = Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Have you considered trying a different drug (other than religion) - like, say Weed?

You might get more for your buck, not to mention a more mellow attitude...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Religion has it's place in our modern society whether it's a load of nonsense or not. But it's not for everybody. Some people need something to believe in. Some kind of faith. If they wanna believe in the Bible or the Quran or whatever then let them do that. There are a lot of good people out there who are religious and very loving people who live productive lives and are also good members of the community.

If they're not doing anyone any harm then let them get on with it.

Having said that, the human race has been lied to in many ways and the true nature of who we are and our history is and has been carefully concealed for many many years. Religion in it's many forms on our planet is guilty of this monumental lie.

Jesus Christ came to this planet to teach homo sapiens about the true divine nature of man and how to achieve spiritual perfection and not to die for anybody's sins.

So you think you can commit a crime, ask for forgiveness and go back and do the same thing again and everything will be cool? 'Cos Jesus died for your sin's huh? So we're told.

The trouble with our planet these days is that too many people choose ignorance over knowledge. There are many diseases on earth but the mother of all diseases is ignorance.

The human race needs a wake up call. There are a few people out there who know the truth about who we really are and our place in the universe and they are trying to get the message out rather than subscribe to the sheep mentality of "follow the crowd".

Oprah is one of the people trying to get the message out. Some people will get the message some won't. That's how it is. We all have to develop at our own pace.

One day, all will be revealed.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Opra the Antichrist cant breath laughing to much "bubba get the tourches and noose we aregoing hunting"

Christianity follows the new testament isnt that just the old testament but with the not so popular bits like wrath of god stuff taken out

lets just get something strait shall we
Jesus is the SON of god not GOD regardless if he is supposedly mans saviour he is NOT GOD he never was he was a messenger

and as far as i can remember worshiping false idols is what got alot non belivers destroyed "golden calf"

so seeing as Jesus isnt the big G and in the majority of chrurches you see a cross of the idol of christ on the cross as a focus of worship arnt you worshiping a FALSE IDOL

and lets get something else out of the way the whole abortion argument
i agree should not be used as a form as Birth control
But to prevent children being born in to situations where by they will be misstrated unsupported/ abused or placed into the system where the end result is some of biggest monsters know to human kind.
I agree with it also with knowledge that a child will be born with a multitude of dissabilities that would cause it huge pain and suffering you justify bringing that child into the world i think is wrong
So before you take the moral high ground over abortion maybe think about the child that can be formed and its LIFE there after

This also comes down the absoulity idiot stance the Vatican take with no birth control meaning by that understaning over population, poverty and the spread of HIV is fine because its gods will GET A GRIP

And yes u do beleive in GOD/Creator just not the one man has spent centuries writing down rules to abuse his message and control the masses

I dont need to stand in a church/temple to worship
GOD made the world his church this planet yet we treat it like a sewer and expect him to help highly amusing

link   
I wish people could understand that not all Christians are controlled by the "vatican" or that they are all catholic.Many of the organized christian denominations have done wrong , but not all of the people who are members are evil or bad.Try to relate it to countries, many countries leaders and administrations have done terrible things and are evil but that does not make every person who lives in that country evil or bad.People should read the bible for themselves and pray that they may understand it as God meant it....not as an organized religion tells you it should mean.It is written that in the end times there will be many detractors , take that for what you want.It is my sincere hope that even if you do not belive in God you would at least read the bible and meditate on it and not just concentrate on a few verses here and there and uset hem as your only reason to not believe.As for the proof I have seen asked for on this thread and some others it is about faith ever since Christ overcame the cross and arose and ascended into heaven.Here is a quote that I find interesting that pertains to wanting or needing proof.

"For the truly faithful, no miracle is
necessary.For those who doubt, no
miracle is sufficient."
-Nancy Gibbs

link   

im sick of this christ bashing, anyone of you ignorant slanderers wanna debate, im more than happy to answer!

Bring it, guy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
reply to post by Annee

I don't think she evolves, as much as just embraces what is hot at the moment, for the sake of her show. Perhaps I am mistaken, but whatever is most popular at the moment, is what she heavily supports. And changing someone's belief system that often can be either called evolving I suppose, or just wishy-washy.

Honestly I think she does both.

She would not be where she is today if she did not stay on top of what is Hot and Happening. There are very few self-made people in this world - it takes smarts - dedication - and focus.

However - Oprah has always been involved in off camera help & support of others. I find her spiritual evolvement normal and natural - at this time in her life. I think it is wonderful that she is willing to push forward with it in her public forum.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Once again we see that the viscious truth strikes fear in the hearts of the faithful.
They do not have the courage to research their own religion.
I have to wonder if they ever ask themselves why the believe what they are told. Much of what they are told is not in the book they revere so much. And there is much in there that is never talked about. They can read it and yet not see what it actually says.

There was a JW lady here one time who got glassy eyed and and was at a loss for words when I pointed out to her that there were TWO trees in that garden of Edin, and that God got really upset at the thought that after having eated of the tree of knowledge Adam and Eve might also eat of the TREE OF LIFE and live forever. Gen 3:22

iamtheone, The references you made to "The Lord" and "Wormwood" are references to Nibiru or some other cosmic body coming near to or crasning into Earth. Notice that when you think of it this way the consequences make more sense. More than likely it is describing an event that has already happened. Such an event did happen about 11,500 years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by MandM

well her quote of not clinging to that old rugged cross is true, as jesus rose from the grave and ascended

so the cross is just symbolic now, idol-esque if you will

God is omnipotent and his holy spirit resides in us, not agreeing that we are god, but we are of god

do you realize that there are alot of people who feel the same as oprah?

free will was given unto man by god himself and I think he did a good job of that after all he knows best right?

damning the homosexuals is a sin as god said love one another

do not judge lest ye be judged

meaning sin is sin, we are all sinners, only through jesus can we have salvation

Pope Pius XI, Mortalium Animos #9, Jan. 6, 1928: “Everyone knows that John himself, the Apostle of love, who seems to reveal in his Gospel the secrets of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and who never ceased to impress on the memories of his followers the new commandment ‘Love one another,’ altogether forbade any intercourse with those who professed a mutilated and corrupt form of Christ’s teaching: ‘If any man come to you and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into the house nor say to him: God speed you’ (II John 10).”

The biblical case against Pantheism:

I John 5:19 - "We know that we are of God, AND THAT THE WHOLE WORLD is seated in wickedness."

Ephesians 4:4-6 - "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Revelation 21:8 - "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Romans 1:25-27 - "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

"That which is against nature" clearly means that homosexuality is against nature and consequently, against God and his will.

Galatians 1:8 - "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

There are other things I could point out, but implicit logic suggests this: These christians doctrines have been there in this world for over 2000 years, and even more if you wish to include the Old Testament. If true enlightement is arising just now, where has the Holy Spirit been all this time? Enlightening Theosophists, Buddhists and Hinduists, but not Christians? Where are the 2000 years of saints of the Catholic Church gone nowadays, if they were all mistaken for so long?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Synaphai]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Bring it, guy.
???

Didn't he say he'd be "more than happy to answer"?

If you want to debate him, ask a Q or put forth your point so he can "answer".

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

WHATS A CHRISTIAN?!

Oh Please! Christians can't even come together and agree what a Christian is.

So - were you assimilated - - - or did you "stand on your own path - erase your mind" - - then come back reviewing all religious beliefs - - - hand picking the one you decided in your own mind was accurate?

Don't tell me about bashing. What do you think you are doing to what Oprah believes?

I was raised with metaphysics back in the early 50s. I can tell you all about bashing from "non-believers".

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

do you realize Oprah Winfrey is an asshole?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join