It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
reply to post by solo1

Then what gives you the freakin right to speak for the entire US Army? They are a part of the reason why you stand free in this country. Just because you have a few idiots that can't control themselves does not mean the entire US Army does not have any morals.

Hey, I just recently read where a couple of cops were on the take and were helping drug dealers smuggle drugs into this country. Does that mean all cops are on the take and are helping drugdealers?

Any comment?

Eye of Eagle

im pretty sure solo isnt american im pretty sure he said in a post somewhere he's canadian so its easy for him to say these things and believe whatever hype he hears on tv or reads on the net he probably doesnt even know a us serviceman or woman

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
go watch the video posted then talk about it

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You know what makes me sick about a thread like this? To name a few things...how about Al Queda dragging the corpses of our soldiers through the streets of Iraq, burned, battered and tortured?

How about the beheading of a journalist on Arab television? How about the first capture of a female American military woman in Iraq, in a convoy, back broken, shot, stabbed and raped in an Iraqi hospital, having to be rescued by what was it, NAVY SEALS??

How about comparing the numbers of our soldier's wrongdoings compared to ANY guerrilla, insurgent, terrorist, or any other military force in the world????

Threads like this make me sick....

What do any of those things have to do with skyrocketing incidents of Soldier on Soldier rape?

You want to just deny this away?

That's one of the main reasons it happens so much. Did you see that the DOD Ordered the top doc in charge of sexual assaults not to go to the hearing? If that doesn't scream GO AHEAD AND RAPE SOMEONE, I don't know what does.

Sure we have enemies without. But we also have enemies within.

Rapists are nothing more than terrorists anyway. Ask any rape victim.. I'm sure they will agree.

Your kind of response is what really makes me sick!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

i hope you do not think im defending the perpatraitors of these crimes im not im only saying you cant count all of them in the same lot.... they arent all bad people id say not even more than a few percent are....criminals eed to be punished but branding our entire military as evil is wrong and helps to perpetuate the bad image the world has of the american people

fine, then understand i am not condemning the whole lot either. i am condemning each and every person here that feels there is any reason to defend these actions. you can say you feel it is a small percentage all you like. who is raping 40%? one guy? oh and there are statistics, stories, videos, confessions, and on and on and on. it is bad, real bad. it needs to be condemned, not defended.

ANY good, partiotic american, soldier or citizen, would NOT rape
would NOT help foster an environment where it is ok
would NOT help cover it up
would NOT defend anyone for doing it

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

i hope you do not think im defending the perpatraitors of these crimes im not im only saying you cant count all of them in the same lot.... they arent all bad people id say not even more than a few percent are....criminals eed to be punished but branding our entire military as evil is wrong and helps to perpetuate the bad image the world has of the american people

fine, then understand i am not condemning the whole lot either. i am condemning each and every person here that feels there is any reason to defend these actions. you can say you feel it is a small percentage all you like. who is raping 40%? one guy? oh and there are statistics, stories, videos, confessions, and on and on and on. it is bad, real bad. it needs to be condemned, not defended.

ANY good, partiotic american, soldier or citizen, would NOT rape
would NOT help foster an environment where it is ok
would NOT help cover it up
would NOT defend anyone for doing it

again im not condoning or justifying any of it im merely stating the fact that painting everyone in ufiorm the same way is crap there are good and bad soldiers.... now what the OP is trying to do here is paint the entire military as an evil entity and that is bull# and perpetuates a bad image of all americans in the eyes of the world public..... we arent a bad people sure we have bad people but i could name tons of people from every country that are mureders rapists whatever but that doesnt make every foriegn person bad does it?

i agree something must be done to those guilty but besmearching the names of soldiers who havent done anything like this is equally wrong and is exactly what the OP is trying to do

just as you arent condeming the lot im not defending the lot we are the same page but the OP makes no distinction that some are innocent and some are guilty thats my issue

[edit on 2-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

are you there? have you seen it? or are u making your presumptions based on biased media representation and my friend statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to

have you watched them? can you spin them another way? is it cgi? maybe play acting? how can you look at these vidoes and invalidate them because someone was not there. you wont even try to look at them will you? afraid they may shut you up?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

im pretty sure solo isnt american im pretty sure he said in a post somewhere he's canadian so its easy for him to say these things and believe whatever hype he hears on tv or reads on the net he probably doesnt even know a us serviceman or woman

like i said
i am here.
question my place of birth
my citizenship
my patriotism
my military affiliation

dont care what a canadian says?
then here i am.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

It seems as if you are a very tough and brave soul. I would love to see the look on your face on your day of judgement when you are standing in front of GOD himself and he asks you why you had a symbol of satan on your user profile. You are truly a smart person!!!!!

GODSPEED,

Eye of Eagle

lol, so we are talking about the HUGE amount of women being raped by OUR OWN MILITARY. and to discount me, you say god will judge me based on a picture? ok buddy. tell you what. feel free to U2U me, start a new thread, whatever. you can show me exactly where my avatar is in the bible. if you are questioning my religion because questioning my patriotism failed miserably, please back that up sir. i know why you see a satanic symbol, you are myopic, judgemental, and ignorant. that is ok. you can still recant what you said, or prove it.

Where is this "HUGE" amounts of women you are talking about? This smacks of sensationalizm! "Fox new reports...California completely on fire!!!"

Hmm..I live in california and been waiting with my marshmellow on a stick...can't find a fire to roast it on.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Wifiman]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifiman

reply to post by re22666

It seems as if you are a very tough and brave soul. I would love to see the look on your face on your day of judgement when you are standing in front of GOD himself and he asks you why you had a symbol of satan on your user profile. You are truly a smart person!!!!!

GODSPEED,

Eye of Eagle

lol, so we are talking about the HUGE amount of women being raped by OUR OWN MILITARY. and to discount me, you say god will judge me based on a picture? ok buddy. tell you what. feel free to U2U me, start a new thread, whatever. you can show me exactly where my avatar is in the bible. if you are questioning my religion because questioning my patriotism failed miserably, please back that up sir. i know why you see a satanic symbol, you are myopic, judgemental, and ignorant. that is ok. you can still recant what you said, or prove it.

Where is this "HUGE" amounts of women you are talking about? This smacks of sensationalizm! "Fox new reports...California completely on fire!!!"

Hmm..I live in california and been waiting with my marshmellow on a stick...can't find a fire to roast it on.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Wifiman]

i am sorry, there is an acceptable amount of raped women?
please tell me the the numbers that are ok and the ones that are bad and what qualifies as huge. i would say 40% speaks for itself but hey, im just going by the numbers and not blind ignorance to justify pseudopatriotism.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

are you there? have you seen it? or are u making your presumptions based on biased media representation and my friend statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to

have you watched them? can you spin them another way? is it cgi? maybe play acting? how can you look at these vidoes and invalidate them because someone was not there. you wont even try to look at them will you? afraid they may shut you up?

you helped me make my point these videos arent of everyone thats in iraq or afgahnistan or anywhere else abroad how can these videos condemn every soldier in teh military

and why do you keep attacking me saying im afraid to be shut up......im not denying these things happen im saying NOT EVERYONE IS GUILTY AND PERPATRATING THEM AS SO IS WRONG

[edit on 3-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Never claimed that raping women was acceptable, I only showed why the numbers in this report are so far off the reality.

If you think rape is so appalling, you must really hate Muslims who publicly flog women who dare to report rape. Easy to hide the bruises under a burka.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

just as you arent condeming the lot im not defending the lot we are the same page but the OP makes no distinction that some are innocent and some are guilty thats my issue

my appologies for not realizing that that many women being raped must be done by such a small cabal of soldiers that it is insignifigant. there is no way that with the lower standards and practices that this could actually reflect the current state of the millitary at large could it? i am sorry if the number is not big enough for you. if one soldier raped one woman and was not made a galring example of, then everyone involved before, during and after is just as guilty to me. i would never allow a rapist to bunk with me, fight with me, carry my flag to another land.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by re22666

Never claimed that raping women was acceptable, I only showed why the numbers in this report are so far off the reality.

If you think rape is so appalling, you must really hate Muslims who publicly flog women who dare to report rape. Easy to hide the bruises under a burka.

this is the perfect example of someone who cannot make a point. you want to justify rape by americans, against americans.
you cant so you...
compare it to muslim floggings and proclaim how i should feel about that

that is another thread my friend. and if you equate rape with flogging. then please come over. id love to show you the differences. they are many and varied.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

so your saying that if you mother or father sister or brother raped someone then we should all cast our eyes down and forsake you because their lack of judgement just because you have close proximity to the guilty party?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There are those in America that are not patriots but they come wrapped up in the flag ,and woe is the fortune for the ones that cast a blind eye to it.

common knowledge the brass covers it up and when there is 40% of American females being raped by fellow soldiers one can only assume the other 60% is
homo sexual activity or consensual sex .

[edit on 3-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What videos where? Let me see them so I can compile the stats in my stat-o-bull#-ometer spreadsheet

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

so your saying that if you mother or father sister or brother raped someone then we should all cast our eyes down and forsake you because their lack of judgement just because you have close proximity to the guilty party?

no.........i am saying that if someone were to condemn me or my whole family for what that person did, it would be irrational for my defense to be that
a- it never happend
or
b- yeah but it was just a few times

got my point yet?
the defense being used is incredibly ignorant as well as just as detrimental to the military rep as the act it 'defends'

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

speaking only for myself i havent said turn a blind eye to anything the perpatraitors of these crimes should be dealt with accordingly but you are trying to say that everyone in the military is guilty and they are not and by saying they are all guilty you desicrate the honor and heroism of the innocent

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Actually it was the troll solo1 who started this, not re22666. I'm blaming solo1 for any transgressions that happen in this thread, not the satanic ramhead icon governed by re22666 who trys to make us feel that he has a sense of morality.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifiman
Actually it was the troll solo1 who started this, not re22666. I'm blaming solo1 for any transgressions that happen in this thread, not the satanic ramhead icon governed by re22666 who trys to make us feel that he has a sense of morality.

i have my bible ready here. any chapter or verse that can explain how my avatar is satanc cool

then i will show you the parts that explicit explain you CANNOT cast judgement, that is a sin, isnt it??????

ooh or maybe you can show me where it says you can judge someone, as long as it is based on a picture based on a geometric shape that was deemed evil thousands of years after jesus.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by re22666]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join