It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for white folks.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Infamous,

The Union Of Wack Posters Supports This Thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Lordinfamous-----don't worry you didn't have to U2U me to get me to read your reply, LOL. Your juvenile rants stand alone. Please quit telling me to communicate to you just through U2U. This is a public forum and if you aren't prepared to be debated then don't start any phony threads intended for you to display your racist diatribes (there's a new word for you). I have to take care of some things but I'll be back later to fully address your recent post. You can count on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Aww that's sweet, Lordinfamous has a teenage matey. Actually I read your extremely moving and thought-provoking thread called "Should I have kids?" (my gut reaction would be not no, but hell no). --- and I realized you are actually what, 21 and-a-half?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Did we throw out that old rule : ATTACK the POST not the poster??? Sheesh...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by q_ball

Aww that's sweet, Lordinfamous has a teenage matey. Actually I read your extremely moving and thought-provoking thread called "Should I have kids?" (my gut reaction would be not no, but hell no). --- and I realized you are actually what, 21 and-a-half?

?????

You think he would make a bad father?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
reply to post by Bombeni

you..old lady, are truly something else. the bit on my profile you took outa context. lemme explain. me saying that i don't respect ppl cause of their credentials is not out of hate, it's out of common sense.

there's ppl out there who will say things like "i'm a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, i've done this, i've done that, i've been through this" and when ppl say all that crap..i'm thinking..ok..so are you better than me or something?

just because one has made acheivements ohave went through things, dosen't mean they're some all knowing god. ppl (regardless of what they've done in life) will ALWAYS make mistakes, will ALWAYS do stupid
knowing that, is COMMON SENSE you (once again) delusional old sumbag.

discussing the racial part of this issue is pretty much pointless now, due to the fact that whites and blacks, won't ever see eye to eye on that subject. which is fine with me.

lastly, lady i AM a V-A-I-N. what does that mean? it means i take excessive pride in my appearance. it means i like to look at myself. it means i'm aware of, and know i'm cute. there ain't a damn thing wrong with that.

i saw you make your pathetic presence known in my thread about ppl who don't wear shoes. then in this thread you said you read my thread on criticziers. WHY oh WHY..if you disagree with a majority of the
i have to say (which is evident by now) do you take a peek into my threads? why? i'll tell ur soon to be bedpan having self why, it's because you WANT to go round after round with me. just like in this thread.

ms gray hair, i'm fine the way i am. regardless if you believe that or not.

i'm gonna say this ONE more time. if you wanna keep going round for round with me (which is fine) take it to u2u. cause if stays here what's gonna happen is i'm gonna keep insulting your wrinkled self, and i'm gonna wind up with a warning. so again, address me via u2u if you wanna spout off some more of your responses that are filled with amusing wrath and spite.

oh btw, the ppl who've critized me DON'T exist in my mind. i was critisizced in the old chat by a member. i've been critisized on here, as well as offline. it's a trip how you think you KNOW..ahh n/m. also, you'll be foed cause you like to irk me on purpose.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

Well who exactly keeps telling you they are a teacher, or a lawyer, or whatever, and they really aren't??? It seems you have just absolutely been deluged with mendacity. Wow. And how is someone saying they work in a certain profession any less proveable than someone who carries on about how good-looking he is yet doesn't post his picture in his avatar? What I believe I have uncovered at ATS is the biggest mendacity of them all. However, don't get any bright ideas ----- if a picture suddenly turned up of you now, we would have no way of knowing if it were the real you; scams like that get played everyday all over the net. As far as me wanting to go "round after round" with you, you flatter yourself much too much; I simply aim to deny ignorance.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

As far as me wanting to go "round after round" with you, you flatter yourself much too much;

I simply aim to deny ignorance.

1. well that's obviously what you've been trying to do this whole time. so unless you have ne thing else to say, then please, ge the
out of this thread.

2. you need to start denying your delusions.

edit to add we can stay here on the boards. i'm just gonna more than likely gonna wind up with a warning. but ehhhh..it don't matter.

edit again to add that i just now noticed that heike's one of your friends. she's seen a pic of me b4. go ask her how i look.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

As far as me wanting to go "round after round" with you, you flatter yourself much too much;

1. well that's obviously what you've been trying to do this whole time. so unless you have ne thing else to say, then please, ge the
out of this thread.

edit to add we can stay here on the boards. i'm just gonna more than likely gonna wind up with a warning. but ehhhh..it don't matter.

edit again to add that i just now noticed that heike's one of your friends. she's seen a pic of me b4. go ask her how i look.

Geez sonny, you think for even a split second that someone who has seen a so-called picture of you is in the position to vouch for what you look like???? My instinct told me you were going to say yeah so and so will tell you, she saw my picture but I thought, nahhh, not even this proven story-teller will take us for that kind of fools.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

out of this thread.

Geez sonny, you think for even a split second that someone who has seen a so-called picture of you is in the position to vouch for what you look like???? My instinct told me you were going to say yeah so and so will tell you, she saw my picture but I thought, nahhh, not even this proven story-teller will take us for that kind of fools.

well whatever. you and several others took this crap way outta context.

you kept on harping on me about the pic deal, i told you your buddy heike has seen my pic before. then you spout off more bs.

*awaits another hilarious reply*

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well who exactly keeps telling you they are a teacher, or a lawyer, or whatever, and they really aren't???

i overlooked this. lady..i'm sure you're aware of those types of ppl who like to act like what they've done, know, or seen makes them special.

like let's say one day i run into a professor who teaches at a prestegious college, and he gets on a roll about everything he knows and acts like he's some super genuis and whatnot. during his whole act..i'd sit back and think.."well really you ain't nobody special to me. "that's not gonna make me admire you"

do you finally understand now?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think it helped me understand Black contributions to society etc., when I was in school. It also helps others learn these as well among other positive aspects. In that way it is important to White people.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Well who exactly keeps telling you they are a teacher, or a lawyer, or whatever, and they really aren't???

i overlooked this. lady..i'm sure you're aware of those types of ppl who like to act like what they've done, know, or seen makes them special.

like let's say one day i run into a professor who teaches at a prestegious college, and he gets on a roll about everything he knows and acts like he's some super genuis and whatnot. during his whole act..i'd sit back and think.."well really you ain't nobody special to me. "that's not gonna make me admire you"

do you finally understand now?

I have always respected educated people. It is a good thing Barack Obama didn't think like you do when he was your age. He attended Columbia University then transferred to Harvard Law School where he became president of the Harvard Law Review, the most prestigious student appointment at Harvard. But this doesn't impress YOU does it? I have a pretty good idea that when Obama "ran into a professor" he didn't sit back and say to himself "well really you ain't nobody special to me".

Yes Lordinfamous, I think I finally understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well, bomb it was fun while it lasted. and i have to say you put up a hell of a fight, despite the fact i struck a nerve in you SO bad, that you had to resort to using insults.

i told you over and over that if this stayed on the boards, that i'd get warned. but you were too stubborn to listen. and what happend, i got warned.

so for the 84085048509345947597390580i457894758496598354=5-408569009678690th time: if you wanna continue to keep trying to win...u2u me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Thanks for the offer to communicate privately but I think I'll pass. I have no desire whatsoever to know you any better than I already do. My intention was to expose the shams you play on here and I would say, based on the approvals I received with multiple stars and the numerous u2u's of encouragement, that I succeeded. I hope that you will take some of what transpired seriously, take a look at yourself and leave some of your habits behind. You are a kid and should take the advice of others once in awhile.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

My intention was to expose the shams you play on here
[edit on 21-8-2008 by Bombeni]

lol what shams? you claim that if i ever posted ne pics that they would be fake. and none of my pics are fake...

i really don't know what you're talking about here.

your comment in itself is a sham.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think that Black History month has a very important and positive impact on people of all colors not only in the USA but around the world as well.

It was through information presented via Black History month that I found out about the following website:

www.amistadamerica.org...

This website follows the voyages of the replica ship Amistad America, which follows the triangular trade route used by slave traders on ships like the original Amistad and many others to transport captive Africans to various locations in North America and the Caribbean. Right now the replica ship is in Portugal, and stops in Africa are to come. There's nothing like following in the footsteps of history to help us understand the reality of what happened. How many people, for instance, even know that the popular religious song "Amazing Grace" was written by a slave trader who wrote the song after he was shipwrecked, as a part of his petition to God for rescue, penning the song to express his regret over his former profession?

It was through Black History month that I found out about the history of the sugar trade, built almost exclusively on a foundation of slave labor, in some cases up to the current era if you look at recent news reports.

The entertainer and author Diahann Carroll was asked about the reason that white racism against black people has endured so long, and her one-word answer was memorable: greed

BTW, her latest book is due out in a few weeks "The Legs Are the Last to Go":

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220020864&sr=1-1

Without Black History month, it would be much easier for the dominant culture to assign black people to the fate to which people of color are too often assigned: invisibility

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Uphill]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Oh, wow. After writing the above post, I ran into a vivid example of the "invisibility" of black people imposed by the dominant white culture: Today's CNN and BBC discussions of John McCain's selection of a white woman as his Vice-Presidential nominee was reviewed by (apparently white) commentators, comparing today's announcement against Hillary Clinton's and (in an earlier era) Geraldine Ferraro's campaigns by those women to become respectively U.S. Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates.

The only problem with this "version" of U.S. history is that Black History month reminds us that Shirley Chisholm was in fact the first U.S. woman to run for President of the United States. But oops, she is black, so of course she is "invisible" in today's breathless TV commentator "histories", at least those of the "apparently white" kind.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Uphill]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Thank you for this information, it is interesting, before your post I had never heard of Shirley Chisholm, You are correct, what is also interesting is that she was the first African American woman to be elected to congress.

In 1968, she became the first African-American woman elected to Congress. On January 23, 1972, she became the first major party African-American candidate for President of the United States. She received 152 first-ballot votes at the 1972 Democratic National Convention.[2][3] Other women who ran for President of the United States in 1972 include Linda Jenness and Evelyn Reed.

I have learned something that I probably wouldnt have learned from the MSM. good job Uphill thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join