It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for white folks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by LordInfamous

thats it
i want a Asian history month

everyone seems to have somesort of month

What about Half moroccan/half welsh month

I may look light, but don't think I haven't been through hardship just like most people, I may not be black, but I HAVE experienced all the things LI complains about.

At least black people get to be the centre of attention, what about everyone else?

You know I ALWAYS hear people from all races, complain about the hardship they have been through, and they think to themselves they are the only ones. Just like this thread, LI thinks blacks have it harder. But it's funny that almost everyone thinks the same, oh poor me everyone has it harder than me.

The fact is, there are probably many people reading this thread who has had it harder than LI.

Yes some black people have it hard, but so do all races. And if you look at history for your excuse to complain, then if everyone does that LOL there would be a LOT of complaining.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think black history month and complaining about all this is not accomplishing anything.

I think it's more like this:

Everyone from all races are starting to get together in a party, everyone is having a fun time, we are all getting to know each other, we are all starting to get relaxed, forgetting about race, getting to know each other individually. Friendship and love spreading around.

THEN SUDDENLY a black guy shouts, "Hold on a miniute don't get TOO comfortable!! Don't you know our history!!! what's wrong with you guys!??"

LOL, as you can see black history month is just like that, how can we look towards the future with this?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Do you think that maybe, somewhere out there in the wide wide universe/omniverse there are a bunch of assorted alien types discussing the importance of "Earth-Human Species Development Eon"??

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Lord, I can see your point on many things but I think that you are missing something big. You have a lot of white people in this thread saying that they don't see color, they see a person. I think that is a big step from where the world was decades ago.

When I was a teenager I had a lot of white guilt. Then I started dating a black guy from the hood and dealt with a lot of racism from him and his friends because I was white. I was constantly told by them that I needed to act more "black" and they made fun of me for listening to rock music and other things that were deemed too "white".

I couldn't believe it. That was when I realized that there are good and bad apples in every bunch and that's when I went from being a white guilt ridden teenager to ignoring color and trying my best to look at what is inside a person.

So again, even though you feel that black people have endured a lot (even though there are many other groups that have probably experienced just as much), we need to celebrate people in general.

Also, black men got the right to vote long before white women did.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To be honest I think there will always be a need for "black history month" because the blacks will never ever mesh with the rest of society. There have been lots of "slave labor" classes throughout American history, the chinese had it bad, the Irish most certainly did, as did many other cultural groups.

Black Americans will never blend in even though they have been here far longer than most other immigrant groups. They are separate, they want to be separate, and that will not change. The other ethnicites (even the Mexican's that are causing such a huff right now) will integrate, but blacks will not. I doubt if things will be different 100 years from now.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
At least black people get to be the centre of attention,

our stereotypes are what's always the center of attention.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
At least black people get to be the centre of attention,

our stereotypes are what's always the center of attention.

Well, when you act stereotypical what do you think will happen. IMO, you have displayed an abundance of stereotypes that are attributed to black people. I believe it's unbecoming.

Is it okay for me to say that? For me to care enough about you to say something? Or do I need to wear kid gloves?

Do you want the truth or do you want people to feed your illusion?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
Do you want the truth

this is what i've spoken throughout the entire thread.

yall are taking this crap outta context to btw. i'm not some black dude who walks around with a chip on my shoulder pissed at "the man"

i just bring these topics up cause they're always good to discuss. so STOP viewing me as angry black. or else i won't participate in this thread no more.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What have you received dude? the truth or people feeding your illusion? Well, you talking like one. If it walks like one... if it talks like one. The whole blacks have it harder comment did it for me.

Who will hurt if you stop participating?

[edit on 8/2/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What have you received dude? the truth or people feeding your illusion?

i've received the truth. which is, whites won't ever be able to understand. i'm NOT gonna say that again btw. so if i get another response from anyone that puts me a position to repeat that statment, i'm gonna ignore it.

in a lot of ways..i don't feel that my responses have been taken serious.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In the UK they have the MOBO Awards, Music of Black Origin.
www.mobo.com...

How do people see that? Is that racism, is that setting apart people, is it saying one type of group or race only? I know that a white person won that award once and go booed and had negative attention but can not seem to find that anywhere to show you.

But don't they have a Hispanic award like that in America? What if they had a white award only? How would that seem?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am not going to participate in this thread. I do not like to enable people. If you want to set yourself on the tree of woe, go ahead, but don't cry out. Because you put yourself there.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am not going to participate in this thread.

later.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

whites won't ever be able to understand.

Are you expecting us to understand? Don't you think that's being a bit unrealistic? We've never been black!

On the issue of BHM, I think it stinks to high hell on the basis that it propegates racism by setting one apart from all the rest.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

whites won't ever be able to understand.

Are you expecting us to understand?

not necessarily. more like..putting certian factors into consideration. such as the one's i laid out on page 2.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
Well, I can tell that this is going to be a one-sided discussion.

It usually is in a discussion concerning race.

Basically, if you are not black then surely you must be racist. Racism in the U.S. could be virtually gone but certain people won't let it die out beacuse it's not politically expediant to do so. It's sad that so many black people continue to fall for such rubish when there are boundless opportunities available to them...the same opportunities that are available to a "typical white person" like me.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
there are boundless opportunities available to them...the same opportunities that are available to a "typical white person" like me.

dude i know this. the point that yall fail to realize is that whenever we try and go after these opportunities, we're ALWAYS faced with more opposition.

that's just how it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

How can you possibly hope to quantify this disproportionate 'opposition' that you believe in?

I'm pretty sure you are merely throwing out buzz terms and hoping something sticks.

Making blanket statements like "black people have it a HELL of a lot tougher than whites" and "We ALWAYS face more opposition" isn't an argument. It's an opinion, and an obviously jaded one at that.

You are entitled to your opinion, and if you want to cry the blues that you are handicapped because you are black, it's you that have the problem, not everyone else. If you want to bring it to other's attention how you 'feel about being black', that's your business, just don't expect people to pat you on the head and hand you out some reparations. The world doesn't work that way.

No matter how much you want to whine and complain and hope people will give you an easier ride, it won't work in the real world.

Do like everyone else and realize that the only colour that matters is green. Make someone money and you'll never have to worry about being black again. If you don't make anyone else money, you will be looked at as worthless, if you make them money you have worth.

It's as simple as that.

And in social situations, or with the cops, or whatever else, just don't act like a troglodyte and people won't treat you like one.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
one thing i realized is that a majority of yall have made statements that black history should be apart of american history. isin't it funny how on pg 2..i named several famous white historic figures? which obviously means, i'm aware of and appreciate those ppl (or else i would've never taken the time to study them like i have). the black ones i named, i'd say about 75% of white ppl have never heard of. (maybe less than that)

again, it's obvious to me that NONE of my respones have been taken serious. but whatever. also, yall have taken this thread way outta context. i don't complain about how hard blacks have had it. i merely point it out because it's TRUE.

and enrikez, you're comment would force me to say yet again that whites won't ever be able to understand. so on that note..
this thread.

plus..i have to go look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

to say yet again that whites won't ever be able to understand

I assume you missed my comment of understanding, just a few replies back.

I will never understand why a cat will run fast as hell to the open door, only to dead stop and not go out, but to start licking itself for a bath. Does that mean I have anything whatsoever against cats, because I don't understand it? Am I supposed to understand it? Does it MATTER if I understand it, as long as I am on equal terms with the cat?

[edit on 2/8/08 by Misfit]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join