It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs Offer Promise of Fitness Without Effort

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
still waiting for some pictures? didn't they have something like this "back in the day" the wonder juice, ofr 25 cents

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Actually I would like something like this, I am disabled and have a hard time exercising. This being the case I have over the years slowly been adding weight on, and every extra pound that climbs onto my body, makes my pain more intense, and movement more of a struggle.

Work faster I say to the pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
What con-job-in-a-pill will Big Pharma think of next?

Anyone who believes their BS deserves to be the next Vioxx victim, which Merck admitted killed more people than soldiers who died in Vietnam:

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
embrace medical advances! Anyway thumb up from me,this could be great for many people!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You may well end up more toned/muscular but you still won't be getting cardiovascular exercise to maintain a healthy heart I assume? So therefore you won't be fit..you will just look fit.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think the point most people are missing is, being physically fit entails a lot more than having large, well-defined muscles. You must also have a fit cardiovascular system to go along with it.

Muscle weighs twice as much as fat, and if your heart and lungs are not conditioned to carry the extra mass, you're no better of than if your were X number of pounds overweight.

That's one of the reasons why the military uses height and weight charts for induction. Everyone wants to take shortcuts, but the reality is, nothing worthwhile comes easy..

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Do not hold your breath on this miracle deceiving pill, just take your time people and think of all the so all miracle fixes that big pharma has come out with.

Have blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol any other debilitating disease, just pop a pill and you will feel better.

Either you die from the disease itself or the miracle pill with its small print of undesirable side effects will take care of your ultimate death.

Now not to forget the other side effects that will hunt you for the rest of your life, but at least they will make you feel better while you are getting an inch closer to your ultimate death.

Again is not such thing as miracle pills people, just more money for big pharma while playing on the populations minds of better life without the efforts.

For big pharma we are nothing than milking cows.

The cure for diseases is in genetic research.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I don't think you should refer to this as a misappropriations of funds. And yes, I believe this discovery was made during the research in Resveratol also (drug in red wine that slows and/or reverses the aging process).

One of the largest epidemics the world faces right now is obesity. Which an informed person can tell you leads to many terrible ailments, including but not limited to, heart disease, stroke, heart failure, diabetes and yes, even cancer.

So, you have to look at this in a positive light. Ending the obesity epidemic will lead to a decrease in all of these diseases among the world population.

Here on ATS we all are known for believing that the rights of Americans, as well as the rights of the rest of the world, are controlled by certain organizations and governments. We are not free as we are lead to believe. Just try walking across a street in NY city outside of a crosswalk, in front of a cop.

So, we should be happy to see this. Our "captors" if you will, have inadvertently funded a project that could potentially help the world in a very positive way. We as humans as a whole obviously have not taken the obesity issue to heart and have not taken the proper steps to fix the issue. So, as always, someone is stepping in with a solution.

Look at this as a step in evolution, rather than wasted funds that could have been used for something better.

If you wanna whine about wasted funds, I'm pretty sure there are forums on ATS about the war, the war spending, as well as the 490 billion dollar deficit projected for 2009.

Go complain about that.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Money, money, money. Who do you think will this buy drug? Everyone. Money, money, money, and the Pied Piper continued to play.

EDITED: For a missing word.

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Torsten]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ever hear of water fasting? Fast for twenty or thirty days and you'll lose twenty or thirty pounds of FAT. Break the fast with juice and eat sensibly afterwards, incorporate some aerobic exercises, maybe a little Tai Chi as well and you'll be in the best health of your life. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
What con-job-in-a-pill will Big Pharma think of next?

Anyone who believes their BS deserves to be the next Vioxx victim, which Merck admitted killed more people than soldiers who died in Vietnam:

www.naturalnews.com...

I will tell you one thing though, Vioxx did take away all of my joint pains. I have a certain condition that causes joints to ache and pains in various places. Man, that stuff did help me. I could take 1 and in no time be really active and able to move around.

I didn't know it might kill me, mind you. But ease the pain, it sure did!

I wonder what the trade off of this exercise pill is going to be. There will be a trade off, you know. There always is.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Natural Alternative With Exact Same Benefits As AICAR
I read this article today, and decided to do some research in the hopes of finding a natural alternative to the benefits of this suppose pill. What I discovered was that red wine extract and Japanese Knot weed (known by many names including, fo-ti, He Shou Wu, the fountain of youth) carry the same properties (resveratrol ) as this chemically synthesized pill. If you want to go the natural route and try something that has been tested on humans for centuries, then I would recommend these two organic options.

Japanese Knotweed
Resveratrol

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I will *not* take another antibiotic or miracle pill again. It will have to be a life/death situation. I had to go to the dentist to clear up two infected teeth before extraction. He puts me on Ciprofloxin 500mg 2 x a day. Approximately 30 minutes after my 3rd dose, I began having the shakes. My husband said it looked as if I were having a minor seizure. My heart started racing and pounding out of control. I couldn't move. Then I could not breathe. Could not draw in a deep breath in my lungs.

My heart was pounding so hard, my husband said he could see it just looking at my chest. I felt as if I were going to die right there. I went to the ER in an ambulance. They said I had a anaphylatic reaction. All they did was dope me up with valium, then send me home.

Days later, still feeling weak all over. Feeling sick. Extraction is put off.

I will stick with my trusty herbal remedies. I wanted to this time, but the oral surgeon would not hear of it. I had the infection under control with pau 'd arco and oil of oregano. But no. These damn doctors, they want you swallowing their poisonous synthetic crap.

So I flip the bird to this new "break through" for the obese. It's no big secret.

Eat less,move more. Yes, it's even possible for a 400 + pound person to do. Eat less, start moving a little each day. If my uncle could do it without the drugs and surgery, anyone can. And he had a heart condition.

My cousin has the cure to skin cancer. Hydrogen Peroxide, yet her doctor tells her she's "crazy". She found out she had malignant melanoma on her skin, which had not spread yet. She started to use h20 every single day, boosted her body with raw foods and vitamins. Cancer is gone. Doctor says, "Maybe there was no cancer" Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i didn't read the whole article just a snip but---- it talks of just a 44% increased endurance----is it actually beneficial-----or does it just give you increased eduro if you actually did exercise??? increased stamina is crap if you don't exercise anyway

in athletic comp... wouldn't this be the same as steroids,,,, an unfair advantage say especially in triathalon or marathon

gosh we are becoming so lazy and pathetic

we have 800 brands of fat burners,, apetite suppresants and yet still we're all overweight and obese,,,,, i imagine this will be no different

on another note,,,,,,this made me think back to my youth and illegal experimentation. MODS,, i beg you,,, no reprimands , no negative points , i don't condone or promote this but i think it's relevant with this topic....

say if one were to use crack or coc aine,,,, you would experience a rapid quickening of the heart rate,,,,maybe to the point of feeling your heart pounding in your chest,,,, or maybe even to a point you think your heart may explode and you'll die----------well,, in my immature ,,,,,altered, "youth invinceable" mind i wolud think,,,,,,,wow,,,,,this could actually be good for my heart,,,, as if sprinting for an entire mile,,, without even running,,,,,a workout while standing still,,,,,,your heart rate must be pounding,,blood flowing like crazy and your not even moving,,,,what a great way to exercise or workout,,, without working out,,,,,,of course looking back,,,,boy was i stupid and immature,,,,

yet look ,,,, it's almost the same philosophy as this pill,,,, and as with crack or coc aine--i'm sure there will be negative consequences with these drugs

gaining knowledge and reading,,,,i have to believe our bodies are given everything they need to function,,,with food and water,,,,,,granted we have contminated that environmet,,,, our air , food, and water. but

isn't it kind of funny crack is called a DRUG and aleve,,,prozac,, oxycotin are also called DRUGS,,, yet we have such different ideas of them ,, one good,, one horrible

also many think, "oh my god heroin is bad,,,,,yet oxycontin is basically legal heroin,,,,, and yet we have been brainwashed by big phara and such to praise the effects of one and vilify the other

i look forwad to seeing what happens as a result of this,,, although years down the line,,,,,,of course with the potenial money to be made,,, this could be fast tracked through approval,,,,profit b4 safety

[edit on 1-8-2008 by shortywarn]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
wow...

Now if they can cross breed weed to have these effects that would be something awesome!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Natural Alternative With Exact Same Benefits As AICAR
I read this article today, and decided to do some research in the hopes of finding a natural alternative to the benefits of this suppose pill. What I discovered was that red wine extract and Japanese Knot weed (known by many names including, fo-ti, He Shou Wu, the fountain of youth) carry the same properties (resveratrol ) as this chemically synthesized pill. If you want to go the natural route and try something that has been tested on humans for centuries, then I would recommend these two organic options.

Japanese Knotweed
Resveratrol

I Just Gave you Gold!!!!

Did no one read this? It's the bloody fountain of youth!!!!!!!!!!! You don't need the chemical lab made pill..The answer is out in the woods!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A drug for the lazy. Just what we need. Sounds really gross (and steroidal).
Why waste time on drugs like these when money should be spent on disease research?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I been in gym for about 3 years 3-4 sessions a week etc etc.
Drugs like this usually have bad points.. and i'd say for your average gym person the bad points outweight the good. I would not trust 'paid for by big pharma but independant tests' as it would possibly be no different to the flouride crap that we've been dealing with for many years.

Besides.. I like to be able to say my condition is from my OWN HARD WORK and not a pill.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join