It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooners on the board...Or oodles of okies

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's weird...half of my previous post did not post

I had mentioned that I thought the food was pretty damn good, but I had hoped for more time for Margarita's. Maybe next time...
The sopapia's(sp?) were pretty good too...

I was interested in going to that MUFON thing...but alas I could not...then I mentioned something about having unlimited power and capable of amazing feats, or something...I believe I referred to having the MUFON thing to another date, but having the mass of the worlds knowledge I had forgotten the date...when did it move to?

:bnghd:SEE it loses some of it's cool when the bull-# is not a live continuous flow!

All in all, still had a good time...looking forward to the next one

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Welcome, Onyour6. Glad to see you wander on in. We're fairly harmless.
*Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the actions of Daddymax*

By the way, DM, I'm baking you a black cake for your birthday. Just a little something to cheer you up.

SanityLost, if your wife can't decide on a color just have her wear a different color on each fingernail. That way she won't be conspicuous. Besides, if we all wear our tinfoil hats, who'd notice what color her fingernail polish is? It's all good.

I missed out on the Margaritas as well since I was driving and am a total lightweight. Made up a batch as soon as I got home, though. hehe:w:

edit to add: when i get the mufon newsletter with the accurate date i'll post it here.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sorry I missed out everyone... Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive. I don't know when I can get some time away, but I'll see what I can do for the next meeting.

As for WW and DM attempting to barter me, I take issue with that. DM keeps forgetting his place is at the foot of me bed whilst I sleep in the daytime. A good werewolf should be guarding his master instead of running his mouth. For this he will be receiving 20 lashes with a silver studded whip.

WW, the waterboarding would be ineffective, as we vampires have no need to breath. However, it sounds intriguing and I'm all for giving it a try

At any rate, I hope to make the next meeting and hope to see more there. As a thought, I'd love to get in to some laser quest in Tulsa and see who all gets schooled Plus, it would be fun for the kiddies that come...give them a little something more to do than sit and listen to the adults speak crazy talk
Then of course, we eat and speak crazy talk

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The next Oklahoma Mufon meeting in the OKC area will be on April 19th, the anniversary of the 1995 OKC bombing. I think they alternate meetings beween Tulsa and Oklahoma City (Tuttle) every other month, so those close by may be able to attend a Tulsa meeting on March 15th. I would give them a call first. They also have a Myspace page under Mufon Oklahoma.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Avenger, thanks for the update. I'll be expanding my horizons on that topic so I'll see ya there.

MB, if waterboarding is not your sport, we'll have to come up with another one. How about a garlic eating contest?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hey everybody. I got the hint from whitewave that I should stop in more often.
I hate that I haven't been able to make any of the get togethers. Between my 12 y.o.'s band competitions, my son being transferred to Ft. Riley in Kansas (which means weekend visits) and all the other craziness that goes on around here I haven't been able to get away. Right now we're in the midst of getting our garden ready.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make one before June 1st. That's when my summer job starts and I won't be free again until the second week in August.

Of course my attendance is contingent upon whether or not I can rope a babysitter. I'll keep trying.

On a side note, I didn't know Oklahoma had a MUFON chapter either. I would like to go to one of those meetings. I guess I'll have to make regular stops here to stay abreast of things like that. ATS gets me a little riled up sometimes so I'll make this thread my sanctuary.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Good plan, soldiermom. Family comes first. The 2 get-togethers we've had have been on weekends when I have my son. If he's with me he goes where I go. I made a rule for myself years ago that if there's someplace where my kids can't go then it's probably a place where I don't need to go either. (bars, etc.)

I'm sure your kids appreciate you being so involved in their daily lives and taking an interest in them. I'm always surprised to find so many people who just ignore their kids and let them run wild and then wonder why they're in jail, on drugs, running with gangs, etc.

There was some Okie bashing going on in another thread that got me kind of riled and I had to go do something else for a while. Consider this sanctuary.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

What thread would that be?

I forgot that my youngest daughter, 5, will be starting softball pretty soon too. They don't normally play on the weekends though. A rare tournament once in a while. They do keep me busy. My husband does his fair share too so I'm not completely overwhelmed. I guess I can bring them then, although, a day alone sounds pretty good sometimes.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hello everybody. I've been out of action for a couple days at the hospital. Nothing to worry about, I'm home now so just send lots of money

DM - If we have a top secret suprise birthday party for you next month about how many days off from work should I take?

WW- My wife will use so many different colors of nail polish that she will have to paint her toes and probally some of mine too.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Soldiermom you will be welcome to join us whenever you can get away to do so. We'll keep the light on for ya.

SanityLost, hope all is well. And if your wife paints herself in a rainbow variety of colors we'll just accept her as the pinata for DM's super secret birthday party. J/K

So, DM, what anniversary of your 21st birthday is it we'll be celebrating? I just need to know if we'll have to alert the fire department. You understand.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I believe this will be DaddyMax's 34th glorious year under my rule. I can't verify that, his birth certificate, deed, and vaccination records were lost in WTC 7 when that place caught fire for no reason.

Damn Rudy, he told me they'd be safe there...He said if SHTF that's where he'd go. That's the last time I take advice from a criminal

Oh, and WW....I'll eat garlic with you any time...just don't chop it up in to millions of pieces and leave it on your doorstep...We vampires are a very OCD breed...kinda like Sheltys :bash:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Actually it is 32 years under the empirical tyranny which is Id. I think I'm going to start my own country...I think I'll call it Petoria!

Actually I believe the 23rd falls on a Monday...Woo Hoo big party night! I may wait til the weekend to throw down. Of course any surprise birthday parties will not be on my schedule...if you wanna plan one here, I won't peek for a few days.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, from Lawton here.

Born and lived all my 20 years here, except a strange 6 weeks when I was 12...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Welcome MrHeadshot. Glad you could make it. Pull up a chair and have a frosty mug.

Lots going on. We're trying to sneak up on Heike at her place but she has thus far cleverly managed to elude us by having a real life and not being AT home.
We're also planning a surprise birthday party for Daddymax. Shh. It's a secret.

We get together IRL for the occasional sit down meal where we make our plans for world domination. (Who'd we put in charge of the planning committee anyway?) Some of us will be visiting the local MUFON meeting next month just because we've never been to one. And if we can squeeze in one more thing, we should probably invade Petoria and rescue Daddymax from the tyrannical reign of Id. Hmmm, I may have to update my passport for that one.

All in all it's a great time to be a CT minded Okie. We're glad you're here.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Headshot! glad you made it in, I hoped that I u2u'd you correctly, as I was having computer problems. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Actually, it appears that I won't be able to go this weekend. I do have an investigation Saturday night, but it doesn't start until 5pm and I should be home Sunday. I'll be home next Sunday too, as far as I know, but gone Sat the 14th to ride in a parade.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Welcome to the Royal Order of Okies at ATS Fellowship. The only requirement for joining is to join us in fine food every now and then unless you can come up with a better excuse than I try every so often.,

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

except a strange 6 weeks when I was 12...

Abducted by aliens?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

I'm guessing it was summer camp at Crystal Lake. No aliens.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

U.S. military testing? Perhaps bringing about the U.N.I.S.O.L. program?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by midnightbrigade]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join