It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooners on the board...Or oodles of okies

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well all you slackers enjoying this sunshiney day; you missed the MUFON meeting. Only Avenger and Ex_MislTech and myself showed up.

Not sure what I expected from a MUFON meeting but it was nice. About 20 people there. First meeting for about half of them. There was a powerpoint presentation showing some sightings that I could understand people thinking they had seen a UFO. Everyone of them was explained away and yet, for all the "debunking", I think everyone there was a "believer". Good info.

Served a tasty taco pie as well. Mmmmmm.

Oh well, back to conspiring against Heike and planning our invasion at her place.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thanks for coming Whitewave and Ex_MislTech. The next meeting will be in Tuttle on April 19 and the Mufon State Director will be back, so maybe we will then see what a more typical meeting consists of. I will be fresh back from the Ozark UFO conference and perhaps have a tale or two.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yep...checking in! Been a pretty hectic last week-ish. I would have liked to have caught the MUFON thing, but it was not in the stars(see what I did there
)

I do look forward to our next lunch date, but as for scheduling currently...a bit up in the air, maybe we should hire a planner.

Summertime is coming!!! WOO HOO!!! Lakes, and fishing, bikini's and skiing...I'm soooo down! Maybe we should have an ATS picnic...more to come! :w:

[edit on 17-3-2009 by daddymax]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good to hear from you again DaddyMax. I thought you'd been abducted. J/K.

You've got a birthday coming up in less than a week and I haven't even found any roadkill for your armadillo and dumplings dinner. I'd better get busy driving!

The Medieval faire is the first weekend in April. Maybe we could meet up there? At some point I'm probably going to have to admit to myself that the Xena outfit just isn't the thing to wear anymore.....but probably not this year.

We could have a picnic at the faire and not even have to worry about what to bring. They've got it all. What say ye?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Any of you Okies know of some good public hog hunting grounds in NE Oklahoma?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You wear the xena outfit, and I'll sport Eolas's purple tunic
Oh and daddy max does NOT need to be in a bikini.

As far as hogs go, I've heard that there are good amounts up around Copan lake. I've never seen them, but people tell me they are there. Also, you can hunt up there in the area around the back of the lake. It's in an old access area named Osage point.

Need directions, lemme know. That whole area is my stomping grounds

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
You wear the xena outfit, and I'll sport Eolas's purple tunic
Oh and daddy max does NOT need to be in a bikini.

As far as hogs go, I've heard that there are good amounts up around Copan lake. I've never seen them, but people tell me they are there. Also, you can hunt up there in the area around the back of the lake. It's in an old access area named Osage point.

Need directions, lemme know. That whole area is my stomping grounds

U2U sent! I've heard they are rare north of I-40. I really want to get into some hog hunting. I plan on doing some on private land in Texas later in the year but I want to find some closer to home. Got a big freezer just waiting to be stocked with Mrs Piggy.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
daddy max does NOT need to be in a bikini.

Thanks for that mental picture, MB. Must find hot poker to burn that image from my mind's eye. Oh wait. I'm confusing that with the image of me in the Xena outfit. Never mind.

Anyone going to the Medieval Faire this year?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Yep, it's called the "Hog Bowl" and it's down by the Red River in the area where I-35 crosses. There's been Bigfoot sightings there as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Don't shoot Bigfoot, he's family...are you gonna cook us up a pit pig if you get one 6?

Yeah, I bet the Xena outfit is MUCH better than me in a bikini...not gonna happen, no poker needed. Now a Toga...I'm down!

Midnight will wear a Kilt on the next outing he assures me, bagpipes, that little furry purse thing, and of course COMMANDO...that may make you wanna :bnghd: until your toes stop wiggling!

You know, 32 is not much different than 31...sorry to let the youngens down!!! So I have older down, working on wiser...not rich yet either...

I think I'm gonna run off and join the Rebellion!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

I've got a nice smoker but not big enough for a whole pig. Maybe a couple of the little squealers.

Big question is if I get one. I'm going on a hunt in Texas later in the year on some private property with mucho hogs roaming around. I would just like to find something closer to home for more hunting trips.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I replied to your U2U 6...I also hear that there are hogs down around Sardis lake in southeast OK. Seems more likely to me as that's more their area. Never been to that one, but I'd love to get there.

DM contrary to what you would like everyone to believe, I do NOT own a kilt. Although, I'm totally cool with rockin it commando.

WW, I would love to hit a medieval faire this year. I've missed out on my smoked turkey legs for too long.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sorry for not signing in on BTS sooner, last time I tried it did not
let me in with the same username and password so I didn't mess with
it again after that.

A little about me, I am a former US Navy Guided Missile Radar Tech,
and I have worked in Bio Tech on Arthroscopic camera equipment,
robotic blood testing equipment, and Telecom on SS7 and IP convergence
while at Cisco Systems.

Now days I take a much lower key, and lower stress approach and
just do PC and Network support part time for small biz and individuals
and sometimes do roll outs for the government and big corps.

My latest was for the EPA in Ada, OK.

Sorry I missed the meeting at Ted's a few weeks ago, I should be
able to make the next one.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Welcome Ex_MislTech. And thanks for fixing my avatar. You've got some competition in the computer wizard department right here in this thread. Heike and Daddymax and Midnightbrigades all work in computers.

Not sure when our next get-together will be. I think we need a party planner. Volunteers?

See the rest of you at the faire. Decided to wear the belly-dancing outfit instead and a cape if it's cold or raining. Seems like every year it rains at least one day of the faire. Turkey legs are worth it though.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Hey another squid. Former AT here deployed on CV-64 and CV-63. I'm also in telecomm and have a way with computers. Always good to meet another person with similar interests and backgrounds.

CYA around shipmate.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Good to meet you too, U2U me if you wanna exchange contact
info and talk computers via email or IM.

My mood has been Fing pissed as well as caching lately.

Take care !

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ahhh yes...puddle jumpers huh? Well glad to have ya'll here...and thanks for what you've done for my America! I have always gotten along with you NAVY boys alright, at least you're not Marines

So Ex, you do this computer support as an outsource or what...U2U me.

I would love to get to the fair, depends on the FamDamily though. Maybe MB, SoonerSolly and I can sneak away(without chaperon's) Maybe I can still fit in to my GIMP outfit...MB can come as a fairy...Solly will be our trusty ass!

As much as I love a good 'ol turkey leg, I am more a fan of smoked pork

We'll see

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Ahhh yes...puddle jumpers huh? Well glad to have ya'll here...and thanks for what you've done for my America! I have always gotten along with you NAVY boys alright, at least you're not Marines

Hehe, I had some good memories of the military, but I am glad
that ordeal is behind me.

So Ex, you do this computer support as an outsource or what...U2U me.

I would love to get to the fair, depends on the FamDamily though. Maybe MB, SoonerSolly and I can sneak away(without chaperon's) Maybe I can still fit in to my GIMP outfit...MB can come as a fairy...Solly will be our trusty ass!

As much as I love a good 'ol turkey leg, I am more a fan of smoked pork

We'll see

I know Whitewave is going to the faire, but I doubt I will for political
reasons of some of the attendees.

I am a Indian Taco fiend, or any good mexican food for that matter.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Man...did that whole "puddle jumpers" thing piss ya'll off? 6 days without talk...flog me if you must, or if it helps somehow.

So...how did ya'll fare in the snow? We got about 7 or 8 inches in Nowata, I made a few batches of Gluewein...friggin awesome, turned out wonderful(u2u me for the recipe)...

Now of course this being Oklahoma, it was in the mid 50's the day after the "record breaking snow", and is gone today. I think I'll got to the lake tomorrow...build a bonfire after a day of drinking, and debauchery...then the following day I'll throw sandbags at the flood, then I'll shovel snow off my porch the second week of July! # it though, I LOVE this state, and Okie people...

GO POKES

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Computer is misbehaving and taking forever to load pages so I haven't been on ATS as much lately. Not mad at anybody just staring at computer like a monkey doing math problems.

Send gluewein recipe. Need to make new batch of brew. Takes a month before being ready to bottle and about 5 minutes to give it all away. LOL.

Should go well with the pig roast at Heike's place.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join