It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. combat deaths in Iraq plunge to new low

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Shhh...

Good News on the War Front is bad news for the Dem party line...

Shh....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I understand what you said. Its similar to paying a tribute to Barbary pirates by the U.S. to prevent them from attacking merchant shipping. As you said it happens in past history.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Were is it that you guys get your info from??? I would really like to know you all talk really good about Iraq for sale money and oil. Were is this comeing from??? can any of you guys answer me that. Oh thats right it comes from the news and other sources that get it from other sources But have any of you got of your couches and really asked someone who would know. Talk to a soldier I did two years over there in Iraq I saw the faces of those we helped I have been invited in to sit and drink chi with them I have seen the good first hand oh yeah the oil thats right thats what we are there for right that makes sense because it sure is not our country that is in charge of the oil fields if we wanted the oil we could take it but that is not what we are there for. Please please before you think that you know something get some info about it first from someone who was there I can't express to you guys how much it breaks down the moral fiber of a soldier when free Americans back home talk crap about what they are doing. thank you

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Your pic is one of the most dishonrable things I have ever seen That is my 4th ID UNIT but everyone has their own oppinion ABOUT IT that is fine just know that as you sit on your couch eating chips or whatever it is you eat playing on the computer that there is a soldier out there fighting for your right to do and say that so enjoy because there are not to many countries that allow that so have fun and god bless I have to send a care package out to some of my buddies still fighting over there and yes if I could go back for a third year I would just remember that the world you live in is bigger then your oppinion alone. so even though you have those rights to offend anyone you want it doesn't always mean you should God bless CPL HOULE

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Whether we bought the militias off is pointless. From what I understand, they fight for money because there isn't any jobs and it's the only way they can support their families. If we gave them money to support their families so they didn't have to join a militia...then good for us.

I have a son in Iraq right now and he has a bachelors degree in computer engineering. He didn't have to join the Army and go to Iraq...he volunteered because he believed it was the right thing to do.

My son has not had a day off since he got to Iraq. They work these kids seven days a week and these kids have accomplished miracles with the communities, getting the insurgents off the streets, rebuilding schools, churches, etc.

Regardless of the conspiracies that we hear on why we are in Iraq (oil, money), these kids of ours are doing the right thing for the Iraqis. Saddam needed to be taken out and the Iraqis deserve a better life and our children, bless their hearts are risking their lives to help others.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
yeah because we bought off all the militias that were killing our troops.
not quite victory more like exstortion.
plus we dont want our troops too beat up before we send them all to iran.

That is completely untrue. I was stationed in Afghanistan, not in Iraq, but I've talked to guys who've been there and there is absolutely no way on earth that we would have bought Al Qaeda to our side. We won in Iraq by overwhelming military presence that let the Iraqis know that we'd support them if they went and ratted on their terrorist neighbor. Thats why we won- not by any crazy extortion scheme. That's what we need to do in Afghanistan!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would guess the reason would be becasue it's pretty clear the U.S is going to be forced out on the whole by 2011, so there is no need to attack them. Better for the Shia militias and Sunni's to ready themselves for conflict with each other when the Americans leave.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join