It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]They're real.[HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I really enjoy reading these threads when someone posts a photo. However, I've yet to read one that the debunkers couldn't debunk or that wasn't suspected to be a hoax. So, my questions are:

1. Have there been any photos posted to ATS that were deemed authentic UFO images?

2. Assuming UFOs are alien in nature, what criteria must they meet in order to be considered real?

3. If I ever had the amazing opportunity to see and photograph a UFO, what process should I take to ensure that my claim would be taken seriously? Who do I contact and what do I say? How quick should I put forth the evidence?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

nice fakes, kinda

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaffemoka
I really enjoy reading these threads when someone posts a photo. However, I've yet to read one that the debunkers couldn't debunk or that wasn't suspected to be a hoax. So, my questions are:

[snip]

Truth is, I'm afraid, no UFO photo or video will ever be believed, especially not here. Let's all face it.... you could have sound, video, pictures and even a chunk off the UFO and it still would not be believed until everyone sees them with their own eyes.... and some would have to even see them a few times at that... and have others verify what they were seeing!

Humans are superb at reasoning away the unknown.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

Then you didn't read them all, two or three pages back showed a wire mesh that looked exactly like the craft, that was made in maya3d. This has to be the biggest batch of gullible people in the world, If I could advertise a miracle drug on here id be rich. Everyone is grasping for something to be real. As many people stated pictures are not going to prove the existence of UFOs. Not when a 12 year old can fake being at the beach with the Jonas Brothers(my daughter does it all the time with photo shop and green screen) If pictures were proof then thee would be no need to look for bigfoot. We have him on video. I just want to shame you people for being fooled by every hoaxer that comes along, that is exactly why this site is being targeted, they know you guys would fall for a cake pan thrown up in the air and photographed. Before a thread gets out of control everyone needs to be a little more realistic. The pic was faked, easily I might add. There is on reason to run a picture thru Photoshop, hell its not even the default viewer on a pc...I don't think it can be the default viewer and resizing it is a joke. Photoshop is for one thing, HOAXING YOU GUYS.. you will never see the picture straight from his phone either. But here we go again this will die down and we will just wait for the next guy to get his jollies off at your all's expense.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

1. Yes, many that I consider authentic, even though everyone does not agree.

2. There is no way to authenticate a JPEG image. A RAW image is a bit more difficult to fake, but it can be done too.

OTOH proof of image tampering exists. For example:
- EXIF data does not match story.
- Digital noise or lighting or shadows or blur of the UFO does not match the rest if the image.
Both apply in this case: wrong interval between dates and obvious PS compositing.

3. Post unedited images / videos, straight from the camera, or, better send them to a mod for review before posting a thread.

[edit on 2008-7-29 by nablator]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by prestonberryworth
Apperantly they came back...

img510.imageshack.us...

Ignoring the added part of the pic, how did you get an image of what appears to be the same street, slightly different angle, at night?

There is a van parked on the closer side of the street also. I've considered you just used filters, but I cant see how? Also, the only real reference is the house across the street with the light pole in front of it ?

Did you just find a close resembling pic or what??!

** edit and to add a pic... - ckick it to see both images...

[edit on 7/29/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
-the grid lines are disturbing. looksa like s 3d programm ufo. and as a graphic designer I would say it also looks somehow scaled.

-but if its a photo of a real event, it could maybe be the first glimpse of the fake HOLOGRAM ufo attack.
interestig.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
[Ignoring the added part of the pic, how did you get an image of what appears to be the same street, slightly different angle, at night?

prestonberryworth is the same person as trog81.

He "totally supports" trog81, and accuses ATS of being owned by the feds, just like trog81.

For reference:

Where he admits deleting the original files after photoshoping them:
Post by trog81

Supporting post by sock puppet:
Post by prestonberryworth

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
appearently the guy is pretty frustrated that he's posts are not showing anymore and still stands behind what he claims. most people that come here with hoxes just stops posting. but this one is on global ignore.

here's one of he's posts:

Posted by trog81, on July 28, 2008 at 23:30 GMT I posted my photo's, and story of seeing a UFO this moring. Now no one can read my posts. It is like I'm muted. I'm not sure if I'm just muted in my thread, or all together. The mods are asking me to supply them with orginal pictures. I edited my ufo photoshop after I took them so the file size wouldn't be 2megs, and then I deleted my source files from my phone. The mods won't let me talk. I know what I took was real, no matter how fake you bastards try and make it seem. Atleast let me talk in my own thread? Why did they delete all my posts in my thread? So no one will see the truth. This site is run by the government with the hopes of squashing any conversation of real ufo evidence. Don't believe me? Look at my thread, it is now in the grey area under "they're real". LARGE QUALITY PHOTOGRAPHS, TAKEN DURING THE DAY, and being ignored becaused the meta data shows it was saved with photoshop. NO WONDER THE PUBLIC DOESN'T TAKE UFO's SERIOUSLY WITH # LIKE THIS!@*$&!@)$*&@!

taken from here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

just click on the IDs under the "single" column.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
reply to post by trog81

To me, it looks like a wireframe render of a sphere with a torus inside that was pasted on the original photos in photoshop with "Screen" blending option.

Those who have taken a good look with a zoom at the second pic shall notice that the lines on the UFO are sharper then the leaves.

Those who know basic 3D and photoshop should take only 2 or 3 minutes to re-create it.

Thanks for posting that, heh, I was just about to say the same thing, that the resolution on the UFO is higher than that on the leaves in the tree, which by rights should be more defined than the ufo, which is further away.

I could do the same thing in about 5 minutes, too.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
ITS A BUBBLE!!

Seriously...either a soap bubble or the ones you can buy at any grocery/toy store for your kids.

The first picture at least.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

Originally posted by bloodcircle
[Ignoring the added part of the pic, how did you get an image of what appears to be the same street, slightly different angle, at night?

prestonberryworth is the same person as trog81.

He "totally supports" trog81, and accuses ATS of being owned by the feds, just like trog81.

For reference:

Where he admits deleting the original files after photoshoping them:
Post by trog81

Supporting post by sock puppet:
Post by prestonberryworth

Hmm, both quite new, I'd hate to think this was another 'setup' where someone joins intent on scoping the place out, then creates another account to plant the 'bomb'...

Checking both posters history however, I am not so sure... hrmm..

It would explain the image however, if they knew each other at the least...

- unless that is an entirely different image, or a hacked up copy of the original (which I cant see tbh).

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Not a copy paste job. Everything, including the fake UFO is a bit different. Why fake? EXIF date is proof trog81 lied about taking both pictures a few seconds apart.

prestonberryworth supports trog81's fake UFO pictures unconditionally.

Both joined ATS in july 2008

They both take pictures of the same house from the other side of the road.

prestonberryworth was born in 1981, trog81 has 81 in his name.
"I just turned 27."

trog81's pictures are taken with a Blackberry. prestonberryworth has "berry" in his ATS name.

Both speak of having a breakdown:
trog81: "I think I might be having a break down."
prestonberryworth: "A little over a year ago I had a mental breakdown."

I asked the mods to check their IP address.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Good job nablator, star for you!
Let´s put an end to this debacle.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absence of Self
Here are his corrected links..

Image 1

Image 2

do you know where these pix have been taken?
seem to be light bubbles

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wow. If I ever think of hoaxing a UFO, I sure won't post it on ATS. You guys are awesome. On the other hand, if I actually DO capture a UFO on camera I sure won't post it on ATS. You guys suck. J/K, sort of...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
in an effort to get trog to respond to my u2u, he was placed on ignore.

his response to me was not what one would expect when trying to show the world photographic evidence of a ufo.

so, on global ignore he shall remain until he opens a dialogue with me that doesn't contain ridiculous accusations regarding who or what I might be affiliated with.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
in an effort to get trog to respond to my u2u, he was placed on ignore.

his response to me was not what one would expect when trying to show the world photographic evidence of a ufo.

so, on global ignore he shall remain until he opens a dialogue with me that doesn't contain ridiculous accusations regarding who or what I might be affiliated with.

Oh.... my.... gawd.............. you are censoring members who are on topic. You are telling me and everyone here what/who we are allowed to read and see? I don't think "ATS" members need bad "parental control" inflicted on us. And you didn't even tell anyone until now.

This certainly adds more validity to Trog81, the Original Poster to this thread and the one he entitled "This is a Scam".

definition
Scam: A fraudulent business scheme

What a shame.

WTF ATS?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The majority of you have OBVIOUSLY not read the entire thread....

This guy refused to provide the evidence that would support his story -- the original photos.

I agree with the poster that made this point; if you had some of the most important pictures you had ever taken in your life... you would NOT just 'delete' them from your phone.

END OF STORY

I hope the mods ban this guy and end this hoax

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Scott]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join