It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]They're real.[HOAX]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The mesh reminds me of the star trek holodeck matrix style.

could this be holograms from the upcoming 2012 fake alien invasion?

No i think its photoshopped fake.. just my opinion tho

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Easy to reproduce, add the object in another layer and select appropriate blending options, change opacity, use the eraser tool in some areas, perhaps a bit of gaussian blur, and finally a touch of generated noise.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

a quick and dirty Paint zoom.

this could be easily be created in photoshop
i did kind of stuff myself just for experience with photoshop
one or tow filters to blend it into the background and voilà

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It has already been proven fake in my opinion a few pages back with this image:

Why hasn't it been dubbed "hoax" so people can stop weighing in as if it is possibly real?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Debris I don't know what you did to that faked photo but it looks worse than the original.
It is a low quality hoax.

Case closed.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
To whoever it was that was asking about jpeg artifacts..

It's relatively easy to repeatedly save an image, depending on the settings you use in photoshop or whichever program you use, and create multiple artifacts. It's actually why you should never work with JPGs and resave them over and over, because you'll lose detail and quality and increase artifacts each time.

Few other things to note since I opened up an image editor to take a closer look- there are more artifacts around the detail areas of the trees, power lines, etc, than there are around the UFO. There shouldn't be. If the UFO and every other part of the image were created at the same time, the artifact pattern would be the same.

Also, pretty sure that someone used a "sharpen" tool on the image, probably not set extremely high, but used, nonetheless.

The image quality in different areas is mathematically different, too, having run this through a couple of different analysis programs, and the "Save" quality used for the jpeg was 12, photoshop's maximum.

I don't really want to detail too much more about how I came to these conclusions, because it would require a lot of technospeak, and screenshots, and give future hoaxers a few more tips, but in my opinion, after looking even closer at this image and subjecting it to three or four different types of analysis, it is definitely a fake.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
*rolls eyes*

hoax. hang him by his ankles.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah hang him or burn him alive, your choice.

There are too many of them nowadays to not take tougher precautions.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In case y'all haven't noticed, the thread has been properly tagged and the member is no longer with us.

His posts have been restored so that everyone can see the story unfold and everyone can see his responses to the members queries.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I love the new paradoxical thread title!

Glad the mystery was solves, thanks Crakeur.

[edit on 30/7/2008 by GrooveCat]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Thank you for that explanation. It sounds like you are saying maybe the OP tried 'too hard' to even out the JPEG compression artifacts over the UFO?

Excellent explanation!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

Originally posted by Crakeur
in an effort to get trog to respond to my u2u, he was placed on ignore.

his response to me was not what one would expect when trying to show the world photographic evidence of a ufo.

so, on global ignore he shall remain until he opens a dialogue with me that doesn't contain ridiculous accusations regarding who or what I might be affiliated with.

Oh.... my.... gawd.............. you are censoring members who are on topic. You are telling me and everyone here what/who we are allowed to read and see? I don't think "ATS" members need bad "parental control" inflicted on us. And you didn't even tell anyone until now.

This certainly adds more validity to Trog81, the Original Poster to this thread and the one he entitled "This is a Scam".

definition
Scam: A fraudulent business scheme

What a shame.

WTF ATS?

Then by all means start your OWN forum, running on your OWN servers, paid for by your OWN money and then let people run amok and never pull them in when things go awry.

From my understanding, trog was given at least 3 requests to Check his URGENT U2U's. From reading the posts from his profile, he was too busy wringing his hands to stop and think.

Do we need people who scream "NARC NARC NARC!!" at the drop of a hat here? HERE?

Theres ample evidence to show how footage of the type put forward here can be recreated - almost verbatim; beyond any logical doubt. However this still does not equate with the last nail the proverbial coffin for a poster or thread. Intent, gullibility, other situaltional circumstance that NONE of us can know, all must be considered before anyone screams HOAX.

But there was obviously no way we were going to ascertain that from the OP given the seemingly impossible task to

A: have the OP engage in communication with those best capable of sorting the issue, and
B: actually entertain the idea OF a decent communication anyway.

Accusations get even the best of us with our back up.

honestly, whod be a mod with all the negative # thrust apon them at every opportunity...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by dreams n chains

Did you expect to join a happy shiny family that takes everything at face value?

If you are seeking the truth there are dozens of much more compelling cases on this board than this singular thread.

Don't give up! The truth is not 'out there', it is 'in here'!

No, but I do think being able to _read_ the OP's posts would have been a normal expectation from a discussion group. Apparently too much to ask here though. Now that the OP was muted by an administrater, ridiculed without an opportunity to respond and judged to be a hoax...... NOW.... now we can see and read the OP's posts.

What kind of "discussion" has just occured here? None. Nothing but numerous members increasing the post count with repetitive "hoax" statements. Statements by those who say these pictures look like what they've seen meant nothing. An attempt at a second thread to communicate by Trog81 was closed. Meanwhile the administrater who did all this did not inform anyone on the board.

If I had legitimate pictures of UFOs, videos of Aliens or anything substantial... this site, ATS, is not the group I would post them in... because I would be muted by administration until I handed it all over to them and kissed their butt a bit... stroked an ego or two or have my posts removed until I did. No thanks. Perhaps that is why ATS gets nothing but hoaxes.

Meanwhile... I know that anything that I read at ATS is only what they "allow" us to read at that moment. That's not even "Above BS" people. Think about it. Seriously.

And please spare us anyone responding to this by stating the TOS.... this poster was on topic, polite, the discussion continued for days around him yet he was not allowed to be present. Nasty. Nasty.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chainsAnd please spare us anyone responding to this by stating the TOS.... this poster was on topic, polite, the discussion continued for days around him yet he was not allowed to be present. Nasty. Nasty.

and this poster might have been hoaxing the board which is against the T&C.

Now, you can claim all kinds of foul play but, when a staff member tries to contact a member and that member ignores the contact, our only means of getting their attention is by post banning them or putting them on ignore. I didn't want to post ban the member as he had not yet been proven to have done anything wrong. Sure, the evidence was pointing towards hoax but I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt. My u2u was rather simple. I'd like to have the original images so an expert can review them. He responded by telling me to get off his back. Ok, so I kept him on ignore until he at least opened a dialogue.

I was then given information by another member that might help explain what this guy saw. I posted this and again asked the member to contact me. Nothing. Nada. He finally sends me a u2u saying exactly the same thing as his last post in this thread. that he's on meds, his crackhead neighbors can confirm the sighting and it isn't important if what he saw was real so long as he thinks it was real. Um, yeah.

and where was this member while we were trying to verify his claim?

he was signing up on this forum, under another name, posting a story about how he saw a ufo and took pictures. another photoshop image that was debunked by the members.

So, while you see this as stifling the truth, the staff here sees this as yet another attempt by an outside to pull one over on the community. What these attempts at hoaxing do is make it harder for real evidence to come out. the continual attempts to mock the ufo community doesn't do any good for the those of us who do believe and who do want disclosure.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Originally posted by dreams n chains

Originally posted by Crakeur
in an effort to get trog to respond to my u2u, he was placed on ignore.

his response to me was not what one would expect when trying to show the world photographic evidence of a ufo.

so, on global ignore he shall remain until he opens a dialogue with me that doesn't contain ridiculous accusations regarding who or what I might be affiliated with.

Oh.... my.... gawd.............. you are censoring members who are on topic. You are telling me and everyone here what/who we are allowed to read and see? I don't think "ATS" members need bad "parental control" inflicted on us. And you didn't even tell anyone until now.

This certainly adds more validity to Trog81, the Original Poster to this thread and the one he entitled "This is a Scam".

definition
Scam: A fraudulent business scheme

What a shame.

WTF ATS?

Then by all means start your OWN forum, running on your OWN servers, paid for by your OWN money and then let people run amok and never pull them in when things go awry.

From my understanding, trog was given at least 3 requests to Check his URGENT U2U's. From reading the posts from his profile, he was too busy wringing his hands to stop and think.

Do we need people who scream "NARC NARC NARC!!" at the drop of a hat here? HERE?

Theres ample evidence to show how footage of the type put forward here can be recreated - almost verbatim; beyond any logical doubt. However this still does not equate with the last nail the proverbial coffin for a poster or thread. Intent, gullibility, other situaltional circumstance that NONE of us can know, all must be considered before anyone screams HOAX.

But there was obviously no way we were going to ascertain that from the OP given the seemingly impossible task to

A: have the OP engage in communication with those best capable of sorting the issue, and
B: actually entertain the idea OF a decent communication anyway.

Accusations get even the best of us with our back up.

honestly, whod be a mod with all the negative # thrust apon them at every opportunity...

bloodcircle... apparently you would rather have the administrator decide what you are to read and whom you are allowed to communicate with... I do not. Do not attempt to attack me for my beliefs in freedom of speech... nor my belief that no one should be attacked while incompacitated.

Or....

Go ahead and attempt to chastise me for it. Have fun. Perhaps someday someone will do the same to you as has been done to Trog81.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am inclined to agree with Crakeur.

There have been too many deliberate hoaxes on ATS, which detract from the site´s value and authenticity. We all love to debunk a hoax, but wouldn´t we all rather have a site where our first response to every post is NOT "Is this a another hoax?"

Every attempt was made to allow Trog to speak up, but was ignored. Does that sound like someone who is telling the truth?

Well done mods!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Jesus christ people! How the **SNIP** did this thread get 27 flags, this crap is ruining ats..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In defence of trog81.....I did both of these pictures to reveal the visible manifestations, in, on and around flying saucers and ufo's. As far as i know, i am the only person doing this kind of thing anywhere. Trog81 certainly didn't. The top picture is a still from a video i have currently on google and Youtube under username debris765nju "inside a ufo with aliens." The bottom photograph is one trog81 posted. It is fifty years newer than the top picture. I claim personal knowledge of these entities and have over a dozen threads on ATS and have posted well over a hundred pictures of them. I have a 100,000 more that i can post if necessary to prove my point. I have tested the evidence provided by trog81 and attest to its validity. Isuggest you enlarge the bottom picture and look into the faces that are departing the craft. I think ATS is big enough to admit it made a mistake. If you still find the need to banish trog81, do it for the "right" reasons, failure to respond.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This could be a really buck-toothed wet cat, it could be a physical manifestation of a chupacabra created by very small aliens working in conjunction to form a physical form. The tighter they pack together the more substantial the form. Ask yourself this question, after all the time why are there no flying saucers, ufo's or aliens in captivity? They dissolve the bond and disintegrate back to their individual selves. Saves on parking the craft. These are the aliens, get used to it. Quit trying to convince the people who have propagated the lie, they know the truth as well or better than you do. Knowledge is power and wealth and they are not about to share either. We as individuals have to deal with the influx of these entities in a one on one situation whether the government ever comes clean or not. Regardless, the rule of Man is going to end. Nuclear weapons, power plants, submarines, etc, are going to be removed not only from Man's control, but access to and knowledge of, as well. Anyway, compare the appearance of the colorful aliens in the trees with the aliens on and around the flying saucers. If you can't see the forms, i know you can see the colors.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join