It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any advice..took these pics in my backyard!! what do i do with them??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TopSecretArea

i say, the evidence to the claims are crap. and it looked like an air filter.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmszoneguy

I have known several people that have seen UFOs and I do believe they have but this one looks like the wheel off a 1974 Buick to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
No offense to you OP..... it looks like an inverted backpacking stove to me. I'm going to find some pictures, see how they stack up. Note that I am not calling "hoax", just saying what it seems like to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I vote it's a cooling fan out of a large computer cabnet.

Dang one liners

mikell

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm usually the one defending the UFOs and aliens, but I showed the still to my husband (who's been a mechanic for 30 years) and he says it looks like a radiator cooling fan off a car.

I'd still like to look at the photos though, I didn't get to photobucket quick enough to see any of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The image at around 22 seconds is the worst photoshop job i've seen on these boards, everythings out of proportion.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

YES !!!

That's it and I'll put my PC up against it !! That one single 'bracket' going from the outside to the 'bottom' of the object is the wiring harness going to the electric motor; the two brackets on either side being the mounts to the vehicle.

[edit on 27/7/08 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok, I can finally get in and see the rest of the images at Photobucket but Im really not anymore impressed than I was 10 minutes ago.
The one main thing that I noticed about all of the images is that the object is at the same tilt in everyone of of the photos, seems to be at about a 5 or 10 degree angle.

Another thing that I noticed is that out of all of the photos, the object is only in TWO positions, this one:

and this one, which seems to show it rotated just a little bit, enough to show the second "handle" on the left, in the rest of the pics its always in the back.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jmszoneguy

Unfortunately, the pictures appear to be faked. The object looks crudely man-made. In every photo, it is tilted at the same angle with respect to the viewer. There is no variation in the image of the object between the photographs.

Were this thing moving around, it would show at least a little variation in its tilt and the view of it.

I suspect what was done is that the author photographed some sort of cylindrical object and then superimposed that image onto a few scenes of the sky.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I would like to see IP bans for hoaxes from now on instead of just username bans I have a feeling that we have a small group of people trying to make ATS look rediculous on a regular basis.

Is that my way of saying I think this is a clear hoax? YES IT IS

Get a hobby!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Judgeing from the degree of focus from the fore and background, I would say that the object is no more than 6 to 12x the width of the larger bird house. If that is a 1 to 2 ft. wide bird house then maybe its the size of car. I would say it's an industrial fan (barrel cooler). How someone has gotten it to hover or fly is highly skeptical.

Industrial Fans

[edit on 27/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh Geeeze!!!!!!!1

That ain't a UFO, thats a normal picture of half the crap in any body's front yard in Simi Valley.

At a glance it's a UFO but at closer inspection it's a combination of fishing line and a car part or some other piece of junk from the guys attic/ garage.

Might not even be an intentional hoax either, you see when these rednecks there get a little drunk and believe me these folks get drunk. all sorts of crazy stuff can happen from somehow doing enough meth to get fishing line, car parts and tree branches tangled to being so hammered on coors light and southern comfort that they actually think the crap in the guys front yard is a UFO and they end up posting this stuff on you tube for all of us to laugh at. So the guy might be innocent. Or it's an obvious hoax.

trust me on the semi valley white trash front yard thing and the coors light...it's how things really happen in them parts.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I would like to see IP bans for hoaxes

That's hard to do. Most home users have dynamic IP's (IP changes with every new connection to the net). To ban this IP today, come tomorrow when that IP belongs to a different user, that user would not be able to access ATS.

It would only work with static IP, which just isn't the norm to have at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't say it's fake in the sense that an image has been inserted into a background, as there is no pixel bleed or edges I can see have been tampered with.

However! this is in my opinion, a household item or spare part from a mechanized object.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Ya I suppose. it was a glimmer of hope. I am getting really tired of the number of kids playing with photoshop thinking they are so clever fooling everyone.
This was one of the worst fakes I have ever seen. Not even CGI just some random mechanical part suspended in air or photoshopped in somehow.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Jesus!

Given by the responses given in this thread if I ever get photo of something I can't explain I won't be posting it on here.

Fair enough be skeptic, express your opinion. But people giving personal abuse and asking for bans? How do you know the so called "hoaxer" wasn't being hoaxed? As far as I can tell someone posted something he saw that was weird, asked for opinions on what it is, and got a # load of abuse for his troubles.

What a fantastic place this is to express close-minded opinions. Bravo.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I'd like to at least see some better looking hoaxes, at least use a saucer shaped
object in the photo, instead of a cooking pot.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Wow, there certainly is a good similarity there. I would never have thought of that...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This looks faked to me. The object looks like a crude man made cylinder of some sort. In every photo, it is tilted at the same angle, showing the same precise view of the object. That suggests that someone simply added the image of the object to a few pictures of sky, and called it a UFO.
he asked for the opinion of posters and he got it. you can't give everything the benefit of the doubt

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I did not get to see anything it says the video has been removed by user

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join