It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Questions U.F.O. skeptics can't answer

page: 74
<< 71  72  73   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Jezus
The evidence isn't new, we just see it differently.

Then, probably, that means that the evidence is not that strong.

This is the difference I'm speaking of...

Originally posted by ArMaP
Extraterrestrial presence on Earth (not as well documented as hallucinations) may also be an explanation, although always less likely to be the right explanation, like all other explanations for which we don't have strong evidences.

This is your initial statement.

It is illogical because you are extrapolating your view of some specific cases and applying it to all cases in general.

The blanket statement that extraterrestrials is "always less likely to be the right explanation" is fundamentally illogical.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I am not extrapolating anything from some specific case, why do you think I am?

What I want to say is that when we have two possibilities, one based on strong evidence and one that is based in, lets call it, "light" evidence, which do you think should be considered the most likely explanation?

If you get home and you find a mirror broken on the ground what do you think? That the support broke and the mirror fell or that a ghost threw the mirror to the ground (for example)?

Both are possibilities (for those that think that ghosts may exist), but for one you know that there are strong evidences (things under stress break, and gravity pulls things down) while for the other you may know some evidences, but I doubt that you have such hard evidence as you have for the first one.

In that case, what will be the explanation that you would consider most likely?

PS: I think I know what the problem is, I should I have made it clear that I was talking about what people think is the right explanation, not the fact that only one will be the right explanation, and one that may not even have been thought about.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

After the thousands of sightings and experiences in the world it just seems to unreal that there wouldn't be a single scrap of solid proof. People ask what proof would be good enough, well, alien D.N.A, or a close encounter caught on live tv or some piece of material that could not possibly be from earth, I'm sure there's a few other things that would suffice.

If all our aircraft were to stop flying today could you show me "proof" of their flying around our skies tomorrow?
Do you have a piece of an airplane? I will not accept pictures or videos or witness testimony...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
If all our aircraft were to stop flying today could you show me "proof" of their flying around our skies tomorrow?
Do you have a piece of an airplane? I will not accept pictures or videos or witness testimony...

I'd build you one.

How's that for proof?

I'd be more interested why all the aeroplanes stopped flying though - I'd guess that for that to happen an event so cataclysmic would have had to have taken place that there would be no you to build a plane for, nor a me to build one in the first place.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I agree with this. The universe is a huge place. Alien life has more of a chance of existing than big foot or ghosts. To say that there is no alien life in the universe you are a very ignorant and thick headed person. One of my friends mom has a really hard time believing there's E.T. life out there. I tried to convince her with what I know about the universe but she was to thick so I gave up and just let her see for her self when good enough proof presents its self someday. Good thread my man.
gets people thinking.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
UFOs are like ghosts in that one can't possibly believe in it unless one experiences it for themselves. Paranormal/Other Dimensions, etc. I experienced both, hence, I believe. It's not something easily proven. You just have to see for yourself.

Nor do I mention it much, it defies rational thought or logic that we are all so use to in our limited upbringing and societal imposed views.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Joined here to tell my story and see if anyone else has this happen to them . Wanted to start a new topic but don't seem to be able to at this point .

Anyway this happened to me about 10 years ago , I had no Internet and didn't even know what the Internet was and I had no interest in aliens or science fiction ect . I was around 20 years old and I was in bed asleep and my girlfriend was in bed next to me . My girlfriend was a few months pregnant at the time this happened ... I was lying I'm bed and I felt like there was something strange about to happen , I tried to move but I couldn't , I was completely stuck to my bed

I looked to the side of my room and there was a bright light coming thru my wall , I didnt know if it was a light from god or something else

I just remember thinking that I was finally going to find out that there was more to this life and world then we can ever imagine

Next thing I am fighting against this force and I feel my body getting lifted from my bed up towards the light , I was so scared that I could feel my heart was gonna to stop with the fright , then something started to communicate with me telepathically

They were telling me to relax that I was not going to be hurt and that I had nothing to worry about . Then I could hear them communicating to each other , one was saying that my heart was not able for the stress that they should let me go and the other was saying he will be fine and I could hear them arguing about me telepathically .

Then I just tried to communicate back to them that I was to scared to go thru with thus and could they please just let me go and they did .

I sat up in my bed shaking with fear and the light just retracted from the wall and they were gone and I felt calm

It was very scary at the time and even now I shiver when I think of it but the scariest part is that I knew that they wanted to tell me something but I just knew it was something so bad and so scary that I wouldn't have been able to hear it.

I sometimes wish i should have stayed more calm and just let the experience play itself out fully but I was so scared that I thought I was going to die from shock ,

Anyway that was a quick summary of it, I could go into more detail but my fingers hurt

I would never believe my own story only it happened to me . I wasn't asleep or dreaming or anything like that , this was just real and happening and I'd love to know what the hell was happening

When I hear other people telling stories about wired stuff that happens to them most people would just scoff at them but I never do because I ha something unbelievable happened to me so I know there is every chance that most people with far out stories are actually telling the truth

Btw this happened to me around 10 years ago and I haven't experienced anything strange since . Maybe they realised that my little heart just wasn't strong enough to hear their message but there could be millions of others who have heard it

Thoughts ?

top topics

<< 71  72  73   >>

join