It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Focus on the family” groups

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
some parents are not knowledgeable of some things. and this organization helps them. THEY ARE DOING A GOOD THING. give me example of their hypocritical acts. and explain to me why they are evil and should be stopped. or at least explain to me wtf your talking about and what are you trying to prove.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

[SNIP]

I was hoping this debate wouldn't become childish, congrats you are the first person to take this from logical debates with others into personal attacks.

You don't think that FOTF making petitions, gathering protestors, and threatening boycotts from church goers (speaking arrogantly for all church goers) on TV shows and the country Canada itself in order to have content they deem inappropriate taken off the air is censorship or force? These stations are not doing what FOTF wishes, they are made to do it because FOTF puts these actions into motion when they refuse. What do you call that if not force?

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Any chance you could call your grandpa and have him do the same to these tyrannical nutjob "family groups"?

I'd even offer to pay him if I could watch.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by slackerwire

My Grand-daddy actually helped tar and feather child molestors, and wife beaters, they ran them out on the rail.(train)
He was a devout Christian, but, when justice wasn't done, his 'militia' would do the rest.

Did these people by chance have trials before your Grandad decided what kind of criminal they were and to take such matters into his good old Christian hands?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Explain to me why these types of groups want to control what everyone can hear or see?

If they disagree with something, why not just change the damn channel?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ealchris

No liberals are trying to control the school system, and winning. i dont want my agenda or yours taught, just teach my kid the essentials and i'll do the rest.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

[SNIP]

I was hoping this debate wouldn't become childish, congrats you are the first person to take this from logical debates with others into personal attacks.

You don't think that FOTF making petitions, gathering protestors, and threatening boycotts from church goers (speaking arrogantly for all church goers) on TV shows and the country Canada itself in order to have content they deem inappropriate taken off the air is censorship or force? These stations are not doing what FOTF wishes, they are made to do it because FOTF puts these actions into motion when they refuse. What do you call that if not force?

*sigh* its not a personal attack its more of something i observed and decided to say.

look at what your saying. obviously they have enough people in the group who believe in the cause to actually accomplish changes like this. if they were attacking or threatening the stations thats force. what they do is called "democracy in action" . and why aren't they allowed to spread their views? the government spreads its views. teachers spread their views on their students. so once again i ask you why do you have a problem with them?

Mod edit: Removed quoted personal insult.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"Psychologist" Paul Cameron has been quoted numerous times as saying that all homosexuals should be "exterminated" in the name of God. Preaching murder against an entire group of individuals and blaming them for all of society's woes - Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

He is just one example of the numerous insiders who want to expel or "exterminate" anyone who isn't a Fundamentalist Christian from the United States.

There was a news story where an innocent gay couple was murdered in their home in California by a religious zealot. I cannot find it on google but I believe he was convicted of double first degree murder and now sits in an insane asylum. The "preaching" of the Religious Right is dangerous, not just to the gay community but to any free thinking American.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Explain to me why these types of groups want to control what everyone can hear or see?

If they disagree with something, why not just change the damn channel?

i applaud you. thank you very much. if you don't like whats being taught to your kids do something to change it don't sit there and watch. so obviously parents approve of this.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

*sigh* its not a personal attack its more of something i observed and decided to say.

I'm done debating with you, I will debate with anyone who is civil and doesn't begin to derail my topic by baiting and name calling.

if they were attacking or threatening the stations thats force.

Do you understand what force means? They are making them do things they do not wish to. They do threat, that is what the boycotting and petitions are all about, that is what all the threats of cases against them for corrupting children with their channels are all about.

why aren't they allowed to spread their views?

Did I say they weren't? I'm merely pointing out their hypocrisy.

so once again i ask you why do you have a problem with them?

I have a problem with them because in MY opinion they use religion as means to censor and control others ways of life.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Paragraph 1. " one nation under god" ring a bell
2. Bet he doesn't like christians.
3. Are you agreeing? My personal belief. You have freedon up to the point you are taking someone elses freedom away.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I was referring to FOTF's actions with the FCC.

Why do they want to control what everyone can see or hear?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

Paragraph 1. " one nation under god" ring a bell
2. Bet he doesn't like christians.
3. Are you agreeing? My personal belief. You have freedon up to the point you are taking someone elses freedom away.

I am a bit confused as to what you're trying to say.

But does the Establishment clause ring a bell?

Or maybe the Treaty of Tripoli?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Why are you here? Do you have an educated opinion to give?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

When quoting someone, could you please use the [* quote*] tags.
It makes reading a lot easier.How to quote

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Theres also a story or 2 about christians persacuded for there beliefs.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I'm here because I am tired of these self righteous hypocritical religious nutjob "family groups" attempting to impose their BS moral agenda on everyone else.

Exactly what reason do you have for being here?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I know how to quote, I use something that brings my reply into a different window on my computer so I reply differently. If you have trouble with the way I reply no ones forcing you to answer or read my post.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

I'm done debating with you, I will debate with anyone who is civil and doesn't begin to derail my topic by baiting and name calling.

if they were attacking or threatening the stations thats force.

Do you understand what force means? They are making them do things they do not wish to. They do threat, that is what the boycotting and petitions are all about, that is what all the threats of cases against them for corrupting children with their channels are all about.

why aren't they allowed to spread their views?

Did I say they weren't? I'm merely pointing out their hypocrisy.

so once again i ask you why do you have a problem with them?

I have a problem with them because in MY opinion they use religion as means to censor and control others ways of life.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

[SNIP]

church on sunday
no meat on friday
and so on

who do you think censors our movies? the FCC is like a little puppet. if the church don't agree it won't appear on the screen. look at the Da Vinci code. it some countries it wasn't allowed to be played. it wasn't even allowed to be filmed in some locations.

please understand that all your saying is that religion censors things. and you know what your right. but they have been doing it for 2 millennium. they are pretty damn good at it.

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

And its time to put a stop to it by any means necessary.

Religion has no place in public debate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join