It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying 'cloud craft' ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To make it very clear. The cloud was sat on the water. Then it tipped at a 45' angle and rose up against the winds direction.

You can see the shadow thrown from the sun onto the clouds far in the distance, and also the flat bottom of the cloud where it had been 'on' the water.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Are you closed minded enough to believe that the POSSIBILITY of cloud stealth technology does not exist?

I'm not debating that possibility.

I believe what Dan captured on film is nothing more than a cloud though.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Allright, let's stay on topic please.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

OK, so we are on a boat at sea, watching a cloud 'sat' on the water. This cloud tips 45', then rises, keeping shape and form, upwards, 'into the sun' making it hard to see and merges with clouds high up.

Against the wind.

Thats all I am saying, because its all I saw. A tipping cloud that can travel against the wind. I put 'craft' in because of the nature of the direction of travel and the fact it was on the water. Not near, not low, but on it, and it was the only one. Not a cloud bank, not a storm front, but one single solitary 'fluff ball'.

So, yes it was a cloud. What made that cloud / allowed that cloud to travel against the wind, and tip 45' is what i would like to know - camouflaged 'cloud craft' or weird freak of nature?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I don't believe that is the shadow, It appears to be too far away for that cloud to cast a shadow onto it.

It looks more like a cold front approaching.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is definitely hard to tell if it is a shadow or not, because we can't tell where the sun is.

But the wisps do seem to substantiate the claims of the cloud moving.
Do you have other pictures that you took during this time period, to show that this cloud is unlike the others that were in the sky?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ThreeDeuce]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
The land around is flat as a pancake. The conditions were good, with a warm sun, some wispy high altitude cloud and as you can see clouds in the far distance which were larger.

a pic showing the cloud layers. Bit big but you need to see how clear the sky was I guess. The winds were about ten knots max out on the sea, and all in all was a beautiful day.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Dan, have you got the original so that the data/setup can be looked at? Maybe the experts would like a gander.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
---Double Post Error---

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The original picture is quite clear - it shows a small, decaying, lenticular cloud several thousand feet up, which would have formed on the lee side of some higher ground (probably a nearby island - confirmation of the location, and time/date the picture was taken - would allow for verification of that). It's not a bad picture and shows absolutely nothing unusual whatsoever. It also fails in any way to collaborate the story.

But if Dan saw the cloud in his picture rise from the sea then he might think about contacting the Vatican. Because he's seen a miracle. And that's not being sarcastic - the fact is, what he describes is simply impossible (leastways, it's impossible that particular cloud in the picture rose from the sea in front of him)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Winds aloft can blow in a different direction than they do near ground level.

More than a few times we have the prevailing S/W wind blowing and you'll see rain clouds coming in from the S/E, E or N/E.

The strange thing with Mr. Dans 'cloud' is the 45 degree tipping and flying off to another location.

I can think of a few scenario's where a cloud may tip over land due to undulating surfaces and the like, but as he states, the land there is flat and the ocean is going to stay at sea level.

Interesting catch, too bad the sun ruined the exposure.

If it was a digital camera, you may be able to run the over-exposed photos through your photo program and darken it enough to see the cloud.
I do the opposite with digi-photos which are very under-exposed due to lack of flash.
The digital information is there in that case and you can pull viewable information out of the dark.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The cloud in the picture appears to be moving from right to left.

I'd guess it's altitude around 18-25,000ft

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
The cloud in the picture appears to be moving from right to left.

I'd guess it's altitude around 18-25,000ft

Actually it would be lower than that in my opinion. I would be calling 10- 18,000ft

Either way, its altocumulus, the virga from it gives me the impression that its moving from left to right but hard to tell without actually being there.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Okay well this image brings an odd circumstance.

Essan - who notes "cloud watcher" in his name as if he had professional information about clouds and Ozweatherman - who alot of people feel gives credible weather info, both interpret the image completely different.

Essan says its high moving from left to right, which is the direction Dan stated the wind was.

Ozweather says its lower than that moving from right to left, which is the direction Dan stated the cloud was moving.

May I ask what brings you two to these conclusions? This might help us figure out which direction it is moving, perhaps in relation to the other clouds, or the wind-tells on the waves or such.

But regardless... two "experts" disagree..... typical.. lol

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I've seen it at least twice in the same weather condition.
Are you saying it's more of an 'optical illusion'?

Cloud on the Horizon approaching kinda thing?

I'd be inclined to go with Oz' description that it may be the 'shrinking effect' if anything.

But as I'd described to Dan it was more like an Airship taking off..
I didn't think anything out of the ordinary..I'm used to sudden changing weather conditions and cross-wind is what I'd put the 'travelling into the wind' down to.

I wouldn't put the height at anywhere near close to either of your estimates.

I'd go with 5-10,000..
The 'wisps' I'd say were not from the cloud but much higher. 20-30,000ft
Just the line of perspective makes it look attached.

Maybe some-one was brewing up a PARTICULARLY hot cuppa in a boat behind the headland

Since I've seen it happen more than once I'll check for stigmata and look up the Pope's home number..

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
[I wouldn't put the height at anywhere near close to either of your estimates.

I'd go with 5-10,000..
The 'wisps' I'd say were not from the cloud but much higher. 20-30,000ft
Just the line of perspective makes it look attached.

Thats way to low. Altomcumulus is one of the mid level clouds, which generally sit between 8000 to 20,000ft, but due to the sub genre being lenticularis, I wouldnt put it any lower than 10,000ft.

The wispy clouds (if not virga streaming from the main cloud), are probably cirrus, meaning the heights will be in excess of 20,000ft and most likely close to 25,000ft in the picture.

I am going to retract what I said about the direction of the cloud. There is really know way to be sure by looking at it

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hey not sure if you guys have ever seen anything like this, but i figured i'd post it here cus it rang a bell with an article i had read a while ago. This Russian scientist claims that beehives can make you levitate and he made a device (after going through all his research and findings) or a craft that is very simple and when you take off it creates a cloud at the base. His cloud was smaller and square-ish but you could abstract to a larger craft if you wanted/dreamed.

keelynet.com...

let me know if this is what you have experienced. the scientist claims great speeds are capable but that you are practically invisible except for your cloud.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Dan, have you got the original so that the data/setup can be looked at? Maybe the experts would like a gander.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Xeros]

I do have the origional, and I am happy to send it via email to yourself if your the person who wants to examine it.

U2U me and i'll post it asap.

To state again, this cloud was 'sat' on the sea and tilted 45' and then rose up.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Right, I need some thoughts on this.

As you can see I was on a boat, and we were watching this huge puff ball like cloud sat on the water in the distance saying how awesome it looked just sat there. (The wind was blowing right to left in relation to the picture)
So this 'cloud' was sat on the water, and then it just tipped 45 degrees on its side, and lifted off the water into the wind! just like that, no noise, no nothing, upwards and off it went up towards the suns position.

It wasn't in any hurry, it just rose up and up and then just went off towards the high altitude cloud and vanished amongst them.

You can also see how big it was by the shadow it leaves over the clouds far off in the distance.

I just wanted to see if any one here has seen any thing like this ever before. I mean a damn cloud sat on the water and then rose and off it goes... stumped? damn right I am!

I have to admit it is a very strange looking cloud, the way it appears to be tilted at an angle anmd yet round. I know it mentions in the bible about clouds coming down to receive up some deceased prophets that were visiting with Jesus. So if it did behave in like manner, I would suggest it was proly a craft inside the cloud. Very interesting post, I bet you will not soon forget it. Great picture and thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
But if Dan saw the cloud in his picture rise from the sea then he might think about contacting the Vatican. Because he's seen a miracle. And that's not being sarcastic - the fact is, what he describes is simply impossible (leastways, it's impossible that particular cloud in the picture rose from the sea in front of him)

Simply impossible? why? I don't get you. I saw what I saw as I described it to you. A cloud 'sat' on the sea, tipped and rose up into the sky against the wind.

I know its 'unusual', thats why I shared it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join