It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Well, I'll come back and say something like this:

Well nothing happened...I stand corrected and now must spend time re-thinking the ideas/theories that have been the underpinnings for my views of reality. I take full personal responsibility for being 100% wrong -- thank you all for entertaining my ideas and allowing myself to have an outlet for expression. I was wrong, and now must spend time to find out where/how I was wrong.

I'll stand here and everyone can throw crap at me and tar and feather me.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Hehe, sorry I missed your earlier answer to this.

Good luck on forming your new world view

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
can anyone please explain this timewave theory for dummies? i'm a dummy and i dont get it; to what timewave is based on? how do you calculate such a graph and what are the calculations based on?

it sounds like a interesting method at least and i like to know more. i tried to introduce meself with few websites considering this novelty theory and timewaves, but i could not find a coherent and dummyproof explanation for it. i'd amongst the others would be very grateful if someone wiser with talent of teaching could explain it a bit! thank you!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geemor
can anyone please explain this timewave theory for dummies? i'm a dummy and i dont get it; to what timewave is based on? how do you calculate such a graph and what are the calculations based on?

it sounds like a interesting method at least and i like to know more. i tried to introduce meself with few websites considering this novelty theory and timewaves, but i could not find a coherent and dummyproof explanation for it. i'd amongst the others would be very grateful if someone wiser with talent of teaching could explain it a bit! thank you!

*whew* okay...i'll try and summarize this theory...

The "TimeWave" is based on the earliest known arrangement of the "I Ching" -- or the "Book of Changes" in pre-empirical China.

The I-Ching is basically a periodic table of all the possible "changes" through time.

The King Wen sequence (an arrangement of said hexagrams) is the oldest known.

An artificial arrangement was found.

This lead the author to a lunar calendar -- very similar to the Mayas, but that calendar had not yet been de-cphipered.

I have posted numerous links as well as quoted mass amounts of information into the timewave theory....where it was derived from -- and what it means.

Please -- PLEASE! read through the past pages and garner more information!! I have not the strength/energy to re-post what I already have in this moment.

Thank you for your interest!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is a FRACTAL (ie; any one part includes the whole) idea of "time". It would seem the ancient Chinese were aware...

The synodic month (a.k.a. the mean lunar month) is the mean (i.e. average) interval in days between conjunctions of the Moon and the Sun. The value of the synodic month, during the 5000-year period 500 C.E. to 4500 C.E, is 29.53059 days. Thirteen synodic months is 383.8977 days, nearly 384 days. 384 = 6 * 64, and this reminds one of the Chinese I Ching, which has 64 hexagrams each consisting of 6 lines. Terence McKenna has suggested in The Invisible Landscape (1975 edition, Chapter 8, in particular pages 113-114) that the neolithic Chinese used a lunar calendar in which a year of 384 days consisted of 13 lunar months (alternating in length between 29 days and 30 days). In support of this idea it is pointed out that ((6 * 64) * 64) / 6 = 4096 days = 11.214 mean solar years, close to the 11.2-year period for sunspot cycles. However it is not clear why the neolithic Chinese would have wanted a calendar that kept in sync with sunspot cycles. Yet whether or not the ancient Chinese used a lunar calendar, such a calendar is of interest to contemporary people because it reflects the waxing and waning of the moon, a basic part of everyone's experience of time. In a talk entitled "A Calendar for the Goddess" given by Terence McKenna on 1987-10-03 in Berkeley he put forward a proposal (serious or otherwise) for a new calendar similar to the one allegedly used by the neolithic Chinese. In this calendar there are thirteen months in a year, the odd-numbered months having 30 days and the even-numbered months having 29 days, for a total of 384 days in a "year" (this is not a solar year). Thus the average length of each month is 384/13 = 29.5385 days, which is somewhat in the neighborhood of the length of the mean lunar month, 29.53059 days. The names of the months would be the same as in the present Gregorian calendar except that there would be a month called "Remember" inserted between "August" and "September". One of the virtues of this calendar, according to its author, would be that it would help to free us from "solar paternalism", subservience to the myth of the solar deity (originally the Roman Emperor, now his successor, the holder of the office of President, Chancellor, etc., chief executive of the modern bureaucratic nation state). The solar deity ruled over a static ordering of time in which everything, from the seasons down, had its fixed and allotted place. A calendar in which the months are no longer fixed to the seasons might allow for a less bureaucratic way of thinking among its users. An accurate lunar calendar, however, is not constructed as easily as one might suppose. The main property that a lunar calendar should possess is that the calendar months stay in sync with the phases of the moon over a long period of time. If we simply used a year of thirteen calendrical months alternating in lengths of 29, 30, 29, etc., days then a calendar year, consisting of 384 days, would differ from thirteen mean lunar months by an average of 0.1023 days, since 13 times 29.53059 days = 383.8977 days. Thus after ten of these 13-month years the calendar would be off by about 1.023 days, and in less than half a century would be completely out of sync with the lunar cycle. Thus some correction to the basic scheme of alternating 29- and 30-day months is needed in order that the new moon (or the full moon) should always occur on (or at least close to) the first day of the calendrical month. In The Invisible Landscape (page 114) it is suggested that a leap day be inserted every ten 384-day years, "making every 10th year 385 days long". Actually it is necessary to remove a day rather than to add one. This would make the average length of a calendar month to be (10 * 384 - 1) / ( 10 * 13) = 29.53077 days, or 0.00018 days less than the current true length. Thus after about 5600 calendar months (1/0.00018), or about 450 mean solar years, this calendar would be out of sync with the lunar cycle by about one day. While this accuracy is not too bad, it is not particularly good, and is insufficient for a calendar which is intended to remain in use and accurate over a period of several thousand years. It is possible to devise a deterministic (that is, rule-based) lunar calendar which is more accurate and almost as simple. Such a calendar is presented in The Goddess Lunar Calendar. A lunar calendar with more complex rules, but with the virtue that it also tracks the seasons, is presented in The Meyer-Palmen Solilunar Calendar.

SOURCE BY PETER MEYER

[edit on 16-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you suggest people "prepare" for an unknown event that may or may not happen "sometime" in September?

A better question is, what are YOU doing to prepare for this unknown?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you suggest people "prepare" for an unknown event that may or may not happen "sometime" in September?

A better question is, what are YOU doing to prepare for this unknown?

Prepare? LMFAO

One cannot "prepare" for a series of events that are "novel".

Being "AWARE" -- however, to the "nutty" nature of one's reality can serve to guide ones self.

Be AWARE. That is all I can give to those who do not grasp the fractal/mathematical idea of time.

The spiral is getting tighter and tighter, can you not feel it?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I can feel it, and plucky is scared.

All this "novel" stuff happening in Georgia makes me want panic sex.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Prepare? LMFAO

One cannot "prepare" for a series of events that are "novel".

I see. So when you said "Be prepared" in your OP, you just meant that rhetorically.

Being "AWARE" -- however, to the "nutty" nature of one's reality can serve to guide ones self.

And how exactly does it serve to guide you when you can't prepare, when the events are unknown, and when and if they will occur is undecided? In other words, we should be aware of the fact that, er, the future is unknown. Got it.

Be AWARE. That is all I can give to those who do not grasp the fractal/mathematical idea of time.

And yet you apparently do grasp it...so how is this comprehension aiding you exactly? You already said you can't prepare, because even with this knowledge the future is unknown. What exactly does this knowledge do for you?

The spiral is getting tighter and tighter, can you not feel it?

There is nothing to feel. I'd like you to address what this means regarding your own feelings--meaning, are you simply manufacturing them yourself--when September comes and goes without this incident of yours occurring.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by thrashee]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is a "just saying" post.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did search it for what I have to bring to be sure I am not repeating.

Stemmed from the post about Neo, of Matrix, having a passport that expired on 9/11/2001 (whereas Matrix was released 1999), I read a bit and noticed that Neo's birthday is September 13 (1971).

Probably nothing, but markable because of the 911 bit.

Again ......... just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is what I intend to do to be part of the possible upcoming ingress of novelty and interconnectedness.Firstly,being as conscious as possible of each breath right now.Asking am I really having an authentic life?And not worrying about the future.The start is in the monkey mind.To visualize what I want to happen is my preoccupation regarding these end of time matters.To wrap the mind around the notion that this is not about mundane concerns such as the economy or the election or my personal death or survival issues,etc.It might be about something that is all that and much more.For example,Terrence postulated one rational explanation for all this end of time "malarky" and that was a time machine's invention and initial use right then,12-21-12.The beginning of the free flow of information and artifacts from all points hence in the future to that point in time when time travel both ways becomes possible.He called it the infindibulum.This time of high novelty to soon be upon us can be manifested as good or bad or both.Other,more practical things to look for are synchronicities,numerical,word,name,etc.These are a sign to me.Also the resonances within the Timewave indicate the nature of the ingress.These things are easier to piece together in hindsight and the trick seems to be for most people to be able to use it for predicting the future.I feel that is missing the present.I derive much consolation just knowing there seems to be an order to it all,and that there really are survivors speaking back to us from a viable future.I could throw the I CHING on it but don't really need to know the future right now.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

thanks for trying to explain it mystik! I really tried to read through the links you posted, in fact i did it before i asked for explanation

you see it was the mathematical model that i couldnt understand. i tried to screw my braincells but i guess they need instant lubrication cuz i couldnt understand a bit of it. i was really asking a dummieproof explanation of that mathematical part. i understand if you cannot give it; itll be a heck of a job trying to explain something like that. its just that i cannot really take seriously this issue before i can understand it basics. i really read about those i-ching hexagrams, and i also tried reading from the timewave's homepage, but im just not a mathematical person so i couldnt really understand it
i was hoping if someone could explain it briefly and cohorently. not by some functions, err *hides*

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Geemor

It's ok, Geemor, because the fact is, the mathematical model doesn't really matter. It's still a bunch of pseudo-science with no real basis. You might as well be asking to understand the odds behind accurate Tarot card readings.

Think of it like this: take someone who takes mathematical principles, bends them to his own liking, ignores logical and scientific reasoning, and constructs a theory that supports itself only within its own definitions.

That's what you have here.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
where is darfur? what about the bloood diamonds on the ivory coast? there is nothing about the tamal tiget attacks in there. Yet columbine makes it, that was a bunch of kids wasnt it?

Strongly disagree with this as the timewave is distrted and needs recalibration

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's time to start literally putting money where our mouths are.

To the OP: here is my offer. I am willing to bet $1000, via PayPal or however you'd like to disburse the funds, that no "total economic collapse" will occur in September.

Are you willing to do the same, based upon "your feelings" and your software regarding upcoming events?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Geemor

It's ok, Geemor, because the fact is, the mathematical model doesn't really matter. It's still a bunch of pseudo-science with no real basis. You might as well be asking to understand the odds behind accurate Tarot card readings.

i am sorry but i don't like to be ingnorant, but i'd rather be enthuastic fool. i believe that tarot have something in them, and i think this timewave might not be bunk either.

you here are willing to put your money on this by betting. do you have any idea how foolish it may look.. it may look like you are trying to buy your opponent out from the conversation. and you are quite nicely showing that you have $1000 extra, gee, i've seen your types before
this betting thing is becoming alarmingly common here on ats and should be prohibited. i think i'll report ya.

no offense-- i wish all the best for ya!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geemor
you here are willing to put your money on this by betting. do you have any idea how foolish it may look.. it may look like you are trying to buy your opponent out from the conversation. and you are quite nicely showing that you have $1000 extra, gee, i've seen your types before
this betting thing is becoming alarmingly common here on ats and should be prohibited. i think i'll report ya.

no offense-- i wish all the best for ya!

Um, and you are going to report me for what, exactly? Isn't it funny that if you actually wager something practical against beliefs that are so firm, and yet lack any evidence whatsoever, you'll get accused of trying to "buy someone off".

I see. So people can make whatever outlandish claims they'd like, and offer no supporting evidence for these beliefs, and yet lash out at those who don't believe them as being narrow minded and incapable of "feeling the obvious", and yet if you ask them to actually back up their claims financially, all of a sudden all those "good vibes" go down the toilet.

Funny how that works.

I don't honestly have $1000 I can afford to lose, but I have enough to back up my bet. If I lose it, I won't be in a great position, but that's my choice. It's indicative of how willing I am to bet against this belief. The question is, how strong is this fellow's belief? Is it strong enough to withstand losing (or gaining) some money over it? After all, this is a serious belief we're talking about here. The OP himself seems to think I'm a bit nutty for not feeling it myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In reality does a person really need I-ching to see that this country is failing fast. Look at the Mortgage crisis, debt (both personal and govt). Look at food shortages. Lack of savings accounts. Jobs going out of the country. (thanks NAFTA). More ... but is it necessary.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's time to start literally putting money where our mouths are.

To the OP: here is my offer. I am willing to bet $1000, via PayPal or however you'd like to disburse the funds, that no "total economic collapse" will occur in September.

Are you willing to do the same, based upon "your feelings" and your software regarding upcoming events?

I must have missed something here cause I don't think the OP intended to predict an economic collapse in September? If I'm wrong my apologies (I haven't been by here in a while) - but I thought there was a lot of debate on what constituted a "novel event" - or a significant enough event to produce the slide into a novelty...but that said the Timewave wasn't made to predict "specific events" but to show that novelty itself is predictable because nature/universe tends towards greater complexity...

On a different note I've been alive since 1949 and get the impression that novelty has definitely increased... and when the fuel that runs society becomes scarce or changes - everything gets shaken up - the world used to run on Whale oil, coal and steam - and the change over to black gold certainly made for novel times and now we seem to be "slouching" towards another shift and its certainly being felt in the world....and this shift will certainly be more complex since it involves more nations, more people, new technology....dunno but me thinks it will be an interesting autumn regardless...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
I must have missed something here cause I don't think the OP intended to predict an economic collapse in September?

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I have not any idea what "event" will happen -- but it seems (according to posts above I've linked to) that a total economic collapse will happen in late 2008. Now, I finally have mathematical proof that "something" will happen about/around that time.

He seems to be waffling a bit between having no clue what will happen, and suggesting that it will be a "total economic collapse". For all his data and all the time he's taken putting it together, and because of the fact that he has "mathematical proof" that "something" will happen then, I thought it'd be fun to up the ante.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join