It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Mods above the law?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
ok - lets take a look , shall we ?

reply to post by paufowatcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no

body

CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and again

Originally posted by lovepens1
AGAIN,

Nobody

cares

what

you

have

to

offer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

so you are complaining that the mods are allegedly ` stalking ` you - while you are demonstrably stalking another member - you hypocritical numpty

PS - the mods alleged ` stalking ` of you sounds more like they are merely tracking and enforcing your multiple violations of T&C across the board - thats moderation - NOT stalking

also - i and most other members here Vehemently dislike you telling some one that " no one care " , did you poll everyone ??? you certainly did not ask my opinion -

the moto here is ` deny ignorance ` - how about letting us decide whatwe care about - instead of telling people what we think about them

and lastly - some of your actions smack of a ` wannabe mod ` teling other people what to do and think - but you howl like a baby when your own T&C violations are acted on by the real mods

and now - instead of going through proper chanels [ ie - the complain button , which can be used to report the alledged wrongdoings of ANYONE on the board - even supermods - if you do complain about a supermod - the admins look into it ] you have instead attempted to throw it out to trial by forum - are you hoping to play the sympathy card ? - if so to paraphrase your own words - i do not care .

in conclusion - take your punishment like a man , learn from them and look closely t what you are doing - i aam not impressed

EDDIT - for bb ciode snafu

[edit on 20-7-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

Ok, I see. Well, since this would be a very serious issue and this seems to have happened today, it will most likely take some time for everything to be worked out and to get to the bottom of things.

In the mean time, I would just try to make positive contributions and stay away from the drama for a while. Not trying to tell you what to do- just trying to let you know what helps. Things are going to be worked out at the pace they will be so there is nothing else you can really do. It's not like you're on a post ban and this issue is the only thing you can deal with at the moment.

As for your 'group sharing' request, that might not be such a good idea. At least not on this thread. There is an 'ATS Issues' thread where issues like this are supposed to be discussed... if that is even the appropriate spot. lol I say that because I don't ever feel discussing other members publicly is a good idea. And it has nothing to do with being a coward or running off with your tail between your legs but instead maturity.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Oh my. The truth comes out, I see. lol Yes, those sample posts would definitely be... um... irritating. You can call a member out without resorting to puerile and obnoxious tactics. If you had said the same thing you were saying only phrased it more maturely, this situation most likely never would have blown to the size it did.

That's all I have to say. I need to stay away from drama bomb threads but it's like a soap opera and I am bored.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Your user name is ignorant ape. Make yourself a little less ignorant and research that user members threads of blatant hoaxes.

This is why I am here, ATS is not denying the ignorance. Only making themselves ignorant by allowing trainwrecks of ignorance for attention for cash. Ignorant people buy advertising. Not what they want or need, but by advertising. Buying something you don't need is ignorant. By getting as many ignorant people to this sight as possible, makes an enormous amount of ignorant money.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i do not care .

Then
why participate?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Durden

You really need to focus on what the question is instead of showing how smart your post is by using a lot of quotes, that does not make you intellegent, just familiar with how to post here.

When are the mods above the law?

No one has answered this, only offering suggestions.

Suggestions do not answer questions. Yes, I ask hard questions.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I have no tail.

Stop whining about warns you know you should have received or someone will pin a tail on you,donkey.

Tongue in cheek there if its not obvious,but really as many others have already said learn by it,step away from the keyboard and think about why you have received the warns.

Nobody likes to be pulled up warned/fined/banned whatever,that goes for any age, level of education etc that I`ve witnessed over the years,the diffence is whether one can take it on the chin when its deserving,step back chill out and learn from ones mistakes.

But others have a tune in their heads I think? Bon Jovi`s.....going out in a blaze of delusional glory.

Chill dude or not?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I have already stated I agree with the warns

Telling me to deal with it, is not even close to the topic at hand. Maybe you should be warned for not staying on topic.

Please help to answer the topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I've wondered about this very issue myself this weekend. I have recieved a warning in the last 24 hours which I have asked for clarification of as I have no clue what I was even warned about. So far in the thread in question I have one post entirely deleted, yet that isn't even the post I was warned about. I am still waiting a ruling or at the very least some sort of explanation as it appears to me the only "offense" I was "guilty" of was daring to disagree with a moderator on a political issue. Seems to be just a tad counterintuitive considering the nature of the vast majority of the topics at ATS. When I read "more to come on this" a good 6 posts prior to my supposedly offending post I could read the writing on the wall.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Wow. I couldn't see nothing in that post that warranted a warning. I hope you get your answer to that question.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Thank you for your response to this, I feel a very important topic. We are losing long time members due to members that have only been members for a few moments.

message to ATS:

If you always do what you have always done, you will always have what you have right now!

Attitudes need to change, both members and owners of this site. to make it better. I see this place going down hill just like the housing market. ATS is not exempt from it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Sorry wrong thread

[edit on 20/7/2008 by Sauron]

To many windows open

[edit on 20/7/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

As long as you are here why dont you offer an opinion?

you've been helpful to me the past couple of days.

mod, that can't mod it's own windows.

classic. I've been guilty myselfl. not making fun.

but only helps my point.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

From what I have read from your op your disgruntled because a mod has given you warns,who you believe to be above acting the law in which they also have to abide and you gave the example posts,close enough?

From what I saw in that example (if it can even be called that
) was someone trying to be revengeful and childish,well thats my opinion anyway.

Of coarse some mods get it wrong from time to time but none are above the T&C that we are all under whilst posting here,though you have shown nothing that I can think of as even remotely close to someone abusing the position.

So your question in the title of your thread here is ridiculous "Are the Mods above the law? "

If my only response to your question was......NO.....,you`d be happier but I think I can be more helpful than that,like others here have also tried to help you but your not seeing that either.

Heck if you want to start a thread like this one at least dont have 3 red warns hanging from your butt,though it would still be a ridiculous title from someone who has been here a few years.

Dont you think your title should have been......What do I do about a Mod who acts above the law? then give your examples of it happening.

I`ll guarantee you the answers you got would have been along the lines of.......

u2u one of the 3 amigo`s or take it up with another mod

It will be looked into,Mods are human and sometimes make mistakes.

The examples you gave are laughable grow up a bit Sonny Jim.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is this a trick thread? above the law? like Above top secret law? Look, it's very simple. The mods are better than all of us because they can give you 3 warnings. I think it's pretty obvious that they are "above" you. They are Moderators, and all moderators in a metting or in a concert or whatever reunion can shut you up. that's their job..If you are sitting in a moderated meeting at work and your boss is the moderator and he tells you to shut up you will. of course this not a public board so we all have to go by the rules. So the best thing to do is follow directions and listen carefully. Always listen to what others say and you will make better decisions.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Hm. Very interesting and you have a valid question. Something extremely similar happened a few months ago. I spoke of the incident on the first page of this thread but deleted the post. Basically, there was a member on here who received repeated warnings over the span of a couple of months. I U2Ued them one day trying to make light of the situation by saying something like, 'Another warn? Damn, Child. You need to calm down, you old Tiger!
' in the hopes of cheering him up. They told me the name of the mod who kept giving them warnings and it almost became a joke between us. Whenever he would get warned he would laugh due to it being the same mod. lol

Finally others began to notice what was occurring because he received a warning for what was by all accounts a very well thought out and intelligent post that received multiple stars and was in complete adherence to the T&C's. I remember seeing a few members publicly express their shock upon seeing the member get warned for the post. Heck, I didn't even agree with his opinion in his post but I still thought it was a very well thought out post. It was pretty evident he was warned unjustly.

Sadly, the member has left ATS due to the problem and they haven't been back since. You look to be in the exact same situation as this poster, Burdman.

In your case, I would say questions are justifiable. I hope I do not get in trouble for this but something has to be said. Perhaps a good thing to do from now on would be for a mod to make a quick little note in the post stating what the offense was? I know we have tags that replace posts that are completely removed but in your case it really leaves one wondering what is going on. A little clarification for the offender and the readers would be nice. I'm not trying to cause a storm but it does cause concern because I don't want to see you go through what I saw the person I mentioned above go through.

EDIT: I think your warning might have had something to do with the matter being discussed in THIS thread. The fact you were warned for it is still bogus in my opinion because I see such things happen in just about every forum on ATS, especially forums dealing with politics and religion. No I do not agree with 'deflectors' and it can be frustrating when you want to discuss something only to hear, 'But what about THOSE guys!?!' But still, a warning- especially when you were in the process of explaining how it was actually on topic and related- makes no sense.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Wow, you have no idea how life works, first it's 5 warnings. Second, If my boss tellls me that something like you insist, I walk and move on. This is a public forum, not a job. Please shut me up!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Wow, you have no idea how life works, first it's 5 warnings. Second, If my boss tellls me that something like you insist, I walk and move on. This is a public forum, not a job. Please shut me up!

This is not life. it's a message board for intelligent people who are good at following rules and providing interesting topics for other users. Your post above probably should give you another warning. If I was a mod, I would give you two more just to be sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

May I ask you a very honest question? Please don't take this the wrong way because I have been in trouble before on here and became very, very upset due to the perceived injustice. I am trying very hard to understand where you are coming from although I have to say your posts in question make it hard.

Regardless, since it is just a website and not a 'job,' why are you making such a big deal about it when you basically just implied you wouldn't have made such a fuss in real life? Please do not think I am attacking you as I am sympathetic to those who perceive an injustice even when I feel they are incorrect in their feelings. I'm asking more on a psychological level than anything else. I do believe you are in the wrong in this case and that Burdman has a justifiable case but my curiosity is piqued as to why you would take this more seriously than in real life. Usually it is the other way around and people say, 'Eh. It's just a website. Not like my boss is mad at me.'

Thanks. Sorry to be so nosy but I am intrigued. And if I misunderstood, my apologies.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

This is a public forum, not a job. Please shut me up!

Been trying dude,would you give me a b+ for effort?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join