It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Mods above the law?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Oh yeah, and your name sure seems like you're trying for an anagram with the last letter and number, I sure hope you love pens, 1.

Please don't leave me sitting here trying to figure this one out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OOOOHHHHHHHH! okay..... I think I've got it now. I guess I was trying to hard and using all the letters.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Check out my post before yours and you will get an answer.

Completely not on topc.

That's what I am here to answer questions about. The topic not references to my sexuality.

I think a couple of you are about to help me make my point.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I did read your posts.... of course I'm keeping my mouth shut. I've had this fight before and lost. I'm assuming your battle will end the same... or you will get the usual... 'if you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else.'

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I don't stop fighting!

I am like The light heavyweight UfC champion of the world Forrest Griffin.

He has had his arm broken without tapping out and knocking his opponent out with his other arm.

I will not be subdoed when I am right!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm usually the same but a good banning usually does the trick. Unfortunately I have decided to quit fighting battles that I can not win.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Now does that give me the right to make a reference to your sexuality or call you a name that you might now that I would say?

It's called, not you stellawayten, being a hypocrite and judgemental. Creating a forum of expression, but only so far to in which if you express yourself to a point you may kill a thread, not getting as many views, not getting as many views means not so many people seeing the advertising banners, therefore lost revenue.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovepens1
I don't stop fighting!

Listen, I feel your pain. But have you considered U2Uing the mods you are referring to and talking to them like you would want to be treated? Or did you read the threads I linked to on the previous page that tell you what to do in such cases?

I understand it is natural to express frustration when we sense a wrong but ranting about it isn't going to help. You're skipping over the first steps and going directly to the last, most dramatic step.

Just a suggestion. I've seen some things go on that make my head spin and I went about it the wrong way when trying to correct what I perceived to be a great injustice. Just trying to keep you from making the same mistakes I did.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You have missed it altogether. I did U2U the mod. I said I get It ok. The mod then went back through long past post and warned repeatedly after I acknowledged it and called me a stalker. who's stalking who?

It's not about my warnings.

When do the cops get thrown in jail?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Some posters initially seem to have a 'Wedding Crashers' mentality. They think they are being funny or insightful or are exposing hypocrisy by running around and making fun of all the 'stuffed shirts'.

This kind of behavior can seen as immature and not a positive contribution by some.

As these posters get away with some things, soon they start to escalate and go even further, adopting a 'class clown' reputation.

Now, this is funny in Jr High School, but it quickly becomes tiresome and counterproductive on a forum where the intent is to have intelligent and meaningful dialog.

So you might ask yourself before you hit the 'post reply' button, 'is this the kind of post where later I'll be ashamed of saying (and when warned, delete it), or am I being snarky or irreverent or trolling?' If so, just save that post to your hard drive, but don't post it. The next day look at it and ask 'do I still want to post this comment'.

That way you can release some hostility or humor or even irreverence by typing it out, but instead of immediately posting it, you give yourself some 'breathing room' and can see if it's really as funny as you thought it was when you're not caught up in the action.

Almost everyone here has had to learn to resist the temptation to say 'oh my gawd, this is so idiotic'. You just have to realize that blurting this out is not a positive contribution and it will end up getting you warned.

But you do learn to be a little different here than you'd be on a forum where everyone rants and cat calls everyone else, and eventually you'll come to appreciate that. In the process, maybe your posting style will change and you'll be proud of every post you make and will not feel the need to be dramatic or sarcastic. It's a way of coping which can help a person grow in real life, too.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Basically, you are wanting to see something happen to this mod or an apology from said mod?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

No, I am who I am. I express my feelings and thoughts as they are true.

I don't candy coat my thoughts by taking a moment to worry about how it may affect someone else.

I have not ask you to do otherwise, I want an honest opinion. Not after bacon and eggs.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

lulz.

I'm still going with my first suggestion: File a complaint, forward the U2U's you received along with the complaint as evidence, make sure you are telling the truth and telling both sides of the story, and check out THIS thread. It will explain anything I missed. It's crucial to you understanding and rectifying your problem.

I understand your frustration but you are going about it the wrong way. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Jeeze enough already.

Step right up dead horses to the left big sticks to the right.

Night all

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I have done all of that, I have been in contact with Mark "springer" many times. I love to give praise.

I have suggested my problems to the owners of ATS.

This is for us to talk about. About others experiances with the same problem. About how many others just said ok and run with their tail between their legs.

I have no tail.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovepens1
I for one am guilty breaking the t's & c's on occasion.

For which in this case you have been duly warned 3 times.

Some moderators here have let this whole "policeman" idea gone completely to there heads and just issue tickets and warnings just because they can.

How exactly would your case support this claim? I'd say it would appear the reasons for you getting a few slaps on the wrist here are pretty obvious.

Some on the contrary offer suggestions to help before they write you a ticket and warn you. That helps members to understand what is tollerated so much more than just thumping there chest like a non educated ape!

So you really feel you need help to understand that posts like the ones you were warned for aren't tolerated around here..? After being on this board for 2 years. Who is showing the characteristics of an ape here, really?

I was warned today. That is fine. I didnot make a similar post after that and warned 2 more times by the same moderator after we were in communication acknowledging the first warning.

What is your point, exactly? Looking at your flags, you have been duly warned for 3 different posts. And looking at the first thread in question it would appear you did in fact make a similar post after the first one.

I don't stop fighting!

I don't candy coat my thoughts by taking a moment to worry about how it may affect someone else.

I believe that could be your real problem in this case. What do you think?

I'd suggest you take a cold shower and grow up a little.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am sure i will not here a answer for a while, I can accept that. It's the weekend, I will not let it go for all of us experiencing the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well I could give you an honest opinion of how I see your behavior, but I was trying to offer you a coping mechanism, not a way to 'candy coat' your thoughts.

Certainly you should be honest and truthful and speak your mind on subjects that are important to you.

But on ATS, if you direct your 'honesty' towards a member and not the topic, then that is frowned upon.

I believe you know you are going down the 'wrong road' asking 'when are the police put in jail'.

I would suggest you just drop this whole matter and concentrate on posting positive contributions on subjects with which you have knowledge or expertise and not try to look for 'bad' behavior by someone else as, perhaps, a way to excuse some behavior by you.

Now I'm not a moderator so I would not try to tell you what to do or how to post. It's up to you. I'm only offering some ideas on how to get along better on ATS and how to make the most of your time here by focusing on the subjects and topics and avoiding posting on the behavior of other members.

I think you can see I'm being sincere here and not trying to 'change' you or ask you to do that which is against your nature.

I think you do have some good insights and would like to see you have a fun and productive time here, that's all.

HTH,

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Again you are helping me make my point. Do I need to repeat myself. Some moderators offer thanks for helping. Like you said you are not a moderator but offer help. Some say mind your own business for doing the same thing.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Who is moderating the moderators and why do they not have the same policy to abide by?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join