It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorist's dream...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Well maybe i will check it out if my gf wants to go.I don't think 911 is a inside job.I'm a skeptic of alot of things.

Not that you have to, but you should really watch 'Batman begins' with Christian Bale as Batman first. It's an excellent movie and pretty much starts over the Batman movies from the beginning. It's a serious movie and not some fluff movie just trying to rake in money with the Batman name. If this second movie is as good as this first one, then it should be great.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

you sir, are dead on! well put...
it was called Onthological Terrorism, by the great authors back in the day, but since terrorism became taboo..

do not dismiss all works of cinema s mere "entertainment" , as you have clearly pointed out, who reads nowadays? and by reading i mean something other than the TV guide or the celebrity gossip... a lot can be had by using the power of imagination, provoked by the thoughts of others...

it was also called Mind Fu_k, and in todays world, i believe its the only way to really get poits across.
its the clashing of concepts, ideas, and beliefs, the deconstruction of the being, and the recreation of the self...

im going tomorrow to see the new batman movie, and i believe that Mr. Nolan and its ensemble cast, know what they are doing...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

I must say, I went and saw this movie (the midnight release
) and I kind of know what you mean. Now, I hate comics, I never read them, not to mention my hatred for anything that has to do with superheroes just because it doesn't interest me, but when my friends invited me, I thought why not, it sounded like a good time. It was a lot better than I would of ever expected, and a lot more serious. But to the point, as this isn't a movie review:
It was very obvious the difference between good and bad, and Heath Ledger did an amazing job playing the twisted joker. It really got under your skin, like you speak of. He was twisted and strange, and I remember the part you talked about, where he took footage of a man he was about to hang. Very scary stuff.

But in my own opinion, I don't think this movie was supposed to be anything more than a great (yet creepy) movie. I don't think it had any subliminal or hidden meaning behind it, and even more so a direct reference to the Dark Knight Project that was in that thread. (which I personally don't believe, but thats because I choose not to)

It was a great movie, and it really made me think (most hollywood blockbusters don't) and such, and was EPIC, but in the end, even being one of the more "impacting" movies, I don't think it has any hidden meaning. My two cents anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Excellent Movie. And for those who dont want to give it a chance because of the micheal keaton, george clooney batmans, i would say
you are making a mistake. Watch the first one with Christian Bale as Batman that was awesome too. You will want to see Dark Night after that. Anyway as for some hidden meaning.... I am not sure. I started thinking about it 3/4 of the way through and really need to see it again. I personally took it as Batman being the USA. How everyone loves him when crime is down and the crooks are off the street but they quickly throw him under the bus when things start to go wrong. Or not according to plan. They kept referring over and over again that the Joker and Other criminals were terrorist. And even go as far as to blame Batman for there even being a Joker because with out batman there would be no joker. Anyway just my interpretation of the film. Would def. watch it again and keep in mind your perspective in mind when I see it again.. Again I only got this interpretation about 3/4 of the way through and is only my opinion.
Actually just googled iraq batman and found this www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This movie was amazing, I thought all the old Batman movies were horrible, but these last 2 , 1st was actually god, this one should win awards... incredible

As far as conspiracy I dunno... but woth seeing for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I agree with you Tide88. All of the references to terrorists and such. However, if this movie was made pre 9-11 none of this would even be in question. Movies tend to be made in the now meaning they are based upon what is going on in the world presently. It could very well be symbolism but I think that it's not a conspiracy. It's just a great movie that prays upon the fears of the people at this present time. Hopefully that made sense

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Geez, if some of you guys can hardly handle a movie that has nothing to do with the horror genre, I'd hate to see what you're like when it comes to watching teen horror movies.

O LOL SCREAM 3 IS DA SCAREIST THING EVAR!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok i seen one and that was enough...The one with Arnold in it was horrible and ruin my thoughts on seeing any in the future.The first was the best Batman PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I think you will think differently when you go see this one. I have never ever bought a dvd in my life, but I will buy this one when it comes out, hell I'll buy 10 and give them away. Words cannot describe this movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Actually i'm going tomorrow.Then ill let everyone know what i think of it.I never said the whole batman franchise was bad.Just was going in directions with different directors who ruined some.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Uh.. Alienstar...absolutely no comparison. Please look into it a little further. Batman Begins has that title for a reason - it's a complete "reboot" with no ties whatsoever to the earlier Burton and Schumacher films.
Christopher Nolan started over from page 1 and did the character the way it should have been done from the beginning. This is the same director that co wrote and directed Memento and The Prestige - Batman Begins and especially The Dark Knight are every bit as good as any of his other films.
It's a compelling, dense, tragic epic that's more in line with a Martin Scorsese film.

Edit: just saw the last post about your seeing it tomorrow. Good for you

[edit on 19-7-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
DID THEY HAVE BUSH BUYING 500000 PLASTIC AIR TIGHT COFFINS BECAUSE HE HAS AND THERE NOT FOR IRAQ THERE FOR YOU IT CAN NOT BE A CONSPIRACY THEORY IF ITS THE TRUTH WAKE UP YOU MORONS HES WORSE THAN HITLER AND HE DID 911 JUST PROVE ME WRONG I DEAR YOU

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.watch-movies.net... this is a site that you can view movies for free.Don't down load it,just play it.
I will check it out and post after I see the movie.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by beammeup]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I saw Batman: The Dark Knight last night. It was quite impressive, serious and grim in tone.

I noticed two details in the movie that stood out, and seemed to echo terrorist conspiracies in the real world (some details omitted to avoid plot spoilers):

1. A building has been partially exploded by a bomb. It looks very much like the Oklahoma City bombing; U-shaped.
  2. The Bat Mobile in this movie appears to have a Georgia license plate.
  3. Batman uses a sonar-like device to see through buildings and spy on Gotham's citizens. It functions by wiretapping every citizen's cell phone. Bush's wire tapping bill anyone?

Perhaps someone could verify the license plate point if one sees the movie. It was difficult to see for sure, during a high speed chase scene.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lookAgain to add item three]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lookAgain]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

ok...i believe you...i'm 55, so if all you people running to the hills could please drop off your valuable world possessions on my door step i will gladly put them to use. i will have little time before the world ends, so get those things to me as soon as possible. thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lookAgain
I saw Batman: The Dark Knight last night. It was quite impressive, serious and grim in tone.

I noticed two details in the movie that stood out, and seemed to echo terrorist conspiracies in the real world (some details omitted to avoid plot spoilers):

1. A building has been partially exploded by a bomb. It looks very much like the Oklahoma City bombing; U-shaped.
  2. The Bat Mobile in this movie appears to have a Georgia license plate.
  3. Batman uses a sonar-like device to see through buildings and spy on Gotham's citizens. It functions by wiretapping every citizen's cell phone. Bush's wire tapping bill anyone?

Perhaps someone could verify the license plate point if one sees the movie. It was difficult to see for sure, during a high speed chase scene.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lookAgain to add item three]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lookAgain]

Why would the batmobile have a liscense plate. You think he registered it with the DMV.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilsugag99
I agree with you Tide88. All of the references to terrorists and such. However, if this movie was made pre 9-11 none of this would even be in question. Movies tend to be made in the now meaning they are based upon what is going on in the world presently. It could very well be symbolism but I think that it's not a conspiracy. It's just a great movie that prays upon the fears of the people at this present time. Hopefully that made sense

I agree there is no conspiracy and that movies tend to be in the now.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
One subtlety (out of the many) that struck me was the "tattooed prisoner" played by Tommy Lister... his tattoos were shown up close once and they looked "alien"-like (like weird symbols or Egyptian heiroglyphics or something). His pivotal and hopeful character was heroic and selfless -without giving too much of his role away. These tattoos I thought might be significant in the interweavings of subtle conspiratorial nuance.???

It is just how I remember it, because the tattoos were shown so quickly I can't be sure my memory serves me. I looked around the internet to see if I could find a picture of his character with a clear look at these tattoos but came up empty handed. If anyone else can produce a picture of these tattoos that would help. Just one of my strange observations.

I would like to add that I by no means started this thread to advocate the other thread that I linked in my OP. It just made me think about what we humans are capable of.

Thanks to everyone who added their 2 cents to this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really liked the movie but Heath carried the load on his shoulders, if the person playing the Joker would not have delivered a suburb performance the movie would not have been nearly as enjoyable.

I didn't seen anything overtly conspiratorial in the film, mostly mild references to possible abuses of new technologies.

The Joker's talk about how everyone has an agenda and how we are fed "normal" was interesting.

Jeez people, these movies are made by people just like you and me

That's what makes it fun to talk about.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jenkwater

Yes, Ledger was sooo creepy every time he was on the screen I would tense up. He was a brilliant actor. The scene with Maggie where he is holding her face was incredible! And like someone posted earlier, the little moments of psychotic glee really made him all the more creepy and not just another "bad guy" character.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join