It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorist's dream...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Maybe my "ATS goggles" were on a little too tight. I don't know... jus' sayin'.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I thought V for Vendetta was a CT wet dream when I saw it...I was in NYC and people applauded at the end. Is this like that or more subtle??

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

Originally posted by alienstar
I haven't seen batman since the first one made with Michael Keaton.You make to many of them you ruin it.There are many dark horses at my uncles farm...they come in shades of black and brown.

I agree. They're one Batman movie away from making it the "Police Academy" of the Superhero genre.

This movie was amazing. Don't let the Joel Schumacher pieces of crap ruin your opinion of Batman movies. This one is so good it brings Batman back from the abyss of camp and obscurity.

It does speak to a lot of social issues of our time and is worth seeing just for that.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

It's way better than V for Vendetta because V was overtly about social issues whereas Batman touched on them but was more about the inner struggle. Much more subtle and much less spin. V could have been produced by Michael Moore and wouldn't have even been a different movie, IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

LOL any movie natalie portman is in im going to watch.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Yes, V for Vendetta was much more blatant and satirical toward society in general. But you have the idea. It was all subtlety in form with interconnectedness. I felt like I was putting a puzzle together...

On a side note it seems I really need to get more into reading the actual "graphic novels" the content is much deeper than a "lay-comic book-person" like myself was ever aware of. I always liked Batman, even the old "crackle jackel!" Batman from the old-school t.v. show (which is why I even enjoyed Batman Returns and Batman Forever), yet never got into any of the hands on comic or other characters. Since marrying a major comic book geek I have watched probably all the movies and after seeing The Dark Knight and now seeing the trailer for watchmen I might have to turn over a new leaf (X-files trailer looked awesome too!!).

But I digress... V for Vendetta was definitely eye opening as well. I think, however, that all the hype as of late, on ATS, The Dark Knight touches on current particular conspiracy theories out there. It is almost as if someone was on ATS to get their inspiration?

V for Vendetta is also not as fresh in my mind right now.

Maybe I was trigger-happy with posting this thread because I seem to be the only early bird so far.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Yes a light in the dark. And yes pun intended.

so... tell me what you think...

[edit on 19-7-2008 by anyone]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I will go see it, I really liked Heath Ledger, and a review of Batman I read said :

"...as you're watching him, you can't help wondering - in a response that admittedly lies outside film criticism- how badly he messed himself up in order to play the role this way. His performance is a heroic, unsettling final act:this young actor looked into the abyss."

(David Denby in The New Yorker 7/21/2008)

Would you agree with that, those of you who saw it?? Usually I am not moved by the death of celebrities, because, well, I don't know them REALLY, but I was upset when Heath died, don't know why. He just came across as a good guy.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Pilot]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I haven't seen batman since the first one made with Michael Keaton.You make to many of them you ruin it.There are many dark horses at my uncles farm...they come in shades of black and brown.

I agree. They're one Batman movie away from making it the "Police Academy" of the Superhero genre.

You obviously haven't been following then. Well since you have been under a rock, let me enlighten you. The last batman movie "Batman Begins" was a *huge* departure from earlier films, because it is as dark as the actual comic. All other batman films have been boycotted by actual fans of the batman comic.

However Batman Begins, and The DarkKnight have brought this series the authentic darkside of the actual comic and not some campy side show that it has been up until the prequel to DarkKnight.

Once again, I urge you to stop posting without first understanding that which you are attempting to speak of, lest you should continue to make yourself out to be an ignorant fool who is easily dismissed.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Correction, they We're one away from that, but picking up Christian Bale one of THE most underrated actors if not THE most, and producer /director Christopher Nolan, Batman Begins brought the Batman movies back to life.

If you havent seen Batman Begins, go rent it, Bale's performance is amazing.

I'll bee seeing The Dark Knight next week with some old friends when I fly up to NY.

However, trying to make any correllation between the movie and real world events (granted i haven't seen the movie yet, but I know the plot line, because I've been all over this movie since Batman Begins closing, when they showed the joker card).

There is no connection only in the guy who posted the 10,00000th and 1 doomsday thread's tag is The D4rk Knlght, such a commonly used name, he had to use a 4 for the A,and muck with another character probably because the name taken by 5 or more members here on ATS.

Batman is a huge iconic figure. Plus many comic book readers are drawn to fringe conspiracy, UFO stuff.

Just look at how many people have "Watchmen "Characters as avatars, I've seen like 15 different refernces.

If The Dark Knight did this to you, wait until March of 09 (the actual date this guy is bugging out), and go see The Watchen in Theartes. The story is extremely conspiritorial, and amazingly written.

To date, Watchmen remains the only graphic novel to win a Hugo Award, and is also the only graphic novel to appear on Time Magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present.

But if Nolan, and Bale stick with this, they can make one hell of a run, just by useing the Graphic novels as Storylines. They are surely setting up the Harvey Dent "two-face" character, and I wouldn't be suprised if the third installment isn't titled "Batman The Long halloween, and released in October. I would Love for them to do The Dark Knight Returns but how to get Bale to look like he'sin his mid 50's. The Dark Knight Returns would be third on my list of all time Graphic novels, Watchemen being one, then The Preacher(someone please read that and make a true to the book movie about it), then The DK Returns.

Point Being The Batman movies are no where NEAR dead, Batman Begins was amazing, and The Dark Knight will surpass it. I'd think it will be better than Keatons performance, just because it isn't so cheesy, with prince doing the theme music ect, and them trying to tell Joker creation story, which didn't really work imo. Again I loved Keaton as Batman, But Bale surpasses him by leaps and bounds as a method actor. Throw in Liam Neilson, and a bunch of samurai training, Micheal Cain, Gary Oleman, and Morgan Freeman, and use one of the best Batman vllians the Scarecrow.

Now follow it up with a great performance by another great young method actor Ledger doing the Joker, and keeping all the above except Liam Neilson of course, and you got another great movie. The original movies broke away from what worked thats where they went wrong. I think Bale/Nolan can ride this pont to at least 2 more Blockbusters.

Only thing that threw me off is why Katy Holmes isn't playing her character in TDK. I know Jake Gillinhaam's(sp?)sister got the part, and she'll do it justice, i just like to see consistancy, all I could find out was there was scheduling conflicts. Poor decision by Katie Holmes imo.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
I will go see it, I really liked Heath Ledger, and a review of Batman I read said :

"...as you're watching him, you can't help wondering - in a response that admittedly lies outside film criticism- how badly he messed himself up in order to play the role this way. His performance is a heroic, unsettling final act:this young actor looked into the abyss."

(David Denby in The New Yorker 7/21/2008)

Would you agree with that, those of you who saw it?? Usually I am not moved by the death of celebrities, because, well, I don't know them REALLY, but I was upset when Heath died, don't know why. He just came across as a good guy.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Pilot]

Go see it. The write ups are correct. Just as Bale prefered to have "Bruce Wayne" as the name on his set trailer, and for all the people and crew refer to him as Bruce wayne (the man is dedicated to his craft, ever see the Machinist?) He looks like a skeleton, dropping down to under 120lbs, by eating just 1 apple and a can of tuna a day, only to beef back up and in 6 months shoot Batman Begins.

Heath also had that sort of dedication:

Again from what I've read, he rented a shabby room in Soho, Manhatten. and for an entire month stayed alone in there, he was given a copy of Batman the Long Halloween, which is up there in the top 5 of all time best Graphic novels imo. Actually my memory is thinking it was the killing joke, they SHOULD have given him the long Halloween.

Anyway, he had the two original copies of batman where the joker made his appearances, and an Arkum Asylum book which i have not read, and apperently Heath didn't enjoy it, he couldn't get through that one.

Anyway he kept a diary of the Jokers thoughts and got so deep into this character, I mean who wants to try and follow up Nickolsen's somewhat corny, but pretty amazing performance in the original Batman, not to mention old Jack was Furious he wasn't asked back to do this role. Thank Goodness they didn't do that.

Anyway, yes he must have gone a little too deep because he started haveing trouble sleeping, which lead to the pills.

His autopsy found oxycodone,hydrocodone,diazapan,aprolozam(xanax)and a few other prescription pills.

Now I don't know whether it was all the pressure, that got to him, or he just looked too deep into the Abyss as quoted. Either way, I will say this will most likely be his best performance, as was Brandon Lee's in the Crow (odd how their makeup looks so damn similiar, it scary), other than Brokeback Mountain of course, where Heath put in an amazing performance.

If your a H. Ledger fan, definitely pay him tribute...go see his final performance, I hear it's chilling.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I watched this movie on the Wednesday of this week.
During the movie a Islamic women walked out with her child in outrage, she said # America teaching people how to become terrorists.

I personally did not understand her reasoning behind the outburst, apart from the face value terrorist actions committed buy the joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Jeez people, these movies are made by people just like you and me that have been thru everything together. What seems like the divine is nothing more than the person who wrote the script having the same experiences we have all had. There have been so many stories and movies its getting hard to come up with new material, and if I wanted to shock someone this day and age, I wouldnt have to think back very far as to what shocked the whole nation and play off those fears. Its just a very drawn out, way to long, movie with a decent plot. Other than that the movie was not that great. Heath Ledger played joker excellently, thats the joker I remember from my imagination when I was young reading the comic books, not the jack nickolson trajedy. I sure dont want to be Jack right about now when someone does something I did but a thousand times better. Other than a few good performances and a flowing but long plot line, it was just another summer blockbuster, nothing I will be seeing more than once. And it certainly doesnt have anything to do with Consipiracies,,, ppl wraped up in finding conspiracies need to get a life.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
All I have to say was it was an amazing movie! Heath Ledger was awesome. However, it did give me the creeps. Married to a comic book fanatic but I have never read one in my life, I did not know what to expect. I thought Batman Begins was good but this one blew it out of the water. Better than Ironman

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by anyone

I sure dont want to be Jack right about now when someone does something I did but a thousand times better.

Jack's joker was different from Heath's. Jack played a more comical joker and Heath played a more demented... a more insane joker. Heath was fantastic but you cant really compare the two cause of the way the script was written etc.

Heh ever see The Shining? Jack coulda pulled a demented Joker off easily.
PS id much rather be Jack than Heath right now.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by ncuncfan2006]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by ncuncfan2006]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some of you really sound like losers saying by saying the Batman movie got you mad about the world.

IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.

IF anything it should make you wanna dress up like animals and fight crime.

Or dress up like a clown killing people at the flip of a coin

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I saw this movie last night, too. I went in expecting the greatest movie I've seen in a looooong time. I left the theater really confused, though. I really didn't know how to put into words what I just saw. It was an incredibly intense, disturbing movie. I've never had a movie have that kind of effect on me. It was a fantastic movie with fantastic acting, but it was more than a movie in my opinion. It was nothing at all like the first one. It made the first one look like Winnie the Pooh...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

Conspiracy theorist's wet dream...

So I just got back from watching the latest Batman flick The Dark Knight and it really squeezed the life out of me:

I can't believe how utterly affected I was from this film. It really did it's job right. I have to say it is hard to put into words how this movie grabbed my being and squeezed the living hell out of it. It was all there up on the big screen screaming LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!! Right there in your face... who are the "good" guys in our world? Are we all following the plans of what we "think" is right?

And when it was all said and done all I could think of was that thread about Oct. 28th, 2011.

Did anyone else think... the Dark Knight reference has to be too obvious but this is too much.?

Anyway, those who have seen the movie and have read this thread please tell me what you think.

Yup, Ive been saying since I joined ATS that Movies are all part of the bigger picture of what's going on in this world (they can hide or tell things). So, yes, it did cross my mind that the Dark Knight title could just icing on the cake. Probably some Bilderberger sitting back laughing right now at the irony of the title and what may be about to happen IF D4rk Kn1ght is not a loony. Kinda like a slap in the face by the "powers that be," letting us know that there's nothing we can do about it. Dangling a proverbial carrot infront of us? But what do I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

you are a baffoone.

you haven't seen a batmman since 1987 and you think you can comment on this thread? every time i see your avatar i sense something irrelevant and will surely just skip past you from now on.

for the rest of you. 'the dark knight' is a significant event. do not make the mistake of saying "it's just a movie." how else should the masses be affected? through books? they hardly read.

ontological anarchy is the way.....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
When the Joker is leaning out the car window and enjoying the feeling of air rushing over his face, he reminded me of Hannibal Lector enjoying the classical music after having slaughtered two police officers moments before. Just like a true psychopath to take time and smell the roses.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Bowcatz001]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join