It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorist's dream...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Conspiracy theorist's wet dream...

So I just got back from watching the latest Batman flick The Dark Knight and it really squeezed the life out of me:

I can't believe how utterly affected I was from this film. It really did it's job right. I have to say it is hard to put into words how this movie grabbed my being and squeezed the living hell out of it. It was all there up on the big screen screaming LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!! Right there in your face... who are the "good" guys in our world? Are we all following the plans of what we "think" is right?

And when it was all said and done all I could think of was that thread about Oct. 28th, 2011.

Did anyone else think... the Dark Knight reference has to be too obvious but this is too much.?

Anyway, those who have seen the movie and have read this thread please tell me what you think.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I haven't seen batman since the first one made with Michael Keaton.You make to many of them you ruin it.There are many dark horses at my uncles farm...they come in shades of black and brown.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I think every mature adult human should watch this film. I almost wanted to leave 3 times and I still say this. I was disgusted and uncomfortable but utterly affected. There was no gore just psychological penetration (sorry-I couldn't find another word that worked better :roll

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Disgusted and effected by what?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I haven't seen batman since the first one made with Michael Keaton.You make to many of them you ruin it.There are many dark horses at my uncles farm...they come in shades of black and brown.

I agree. They're one Batman movie away from making it the "Police Academy" of the Superhero genre.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This date Oct 28th, 2011, be as far away from civilisation as you possibly can.Makes no sense....A friend told him but who's the friend?Sorry alot of stupid predictions make this board so thats my 2cents.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Disgusted and effected by what?

By the human phenomenon...

*spolier alert*

One thing in particular -and I know that I am a very sensitive person- there is a video clip that the audience is "forced" to watch (because you are already watching the movie) which is reminiscent to terrorist-like videos that I have heard of where the prisoners have been beheaded. Now I have purposely not sought out to find the actual visual of those beheadings because I don't want to perpetuate the violence by participating in viewing it. Yet here in this movie I am watching a video that is suppose to remind me of this.

Joker doesn't cut off the guys head but he does kill him and the genious of the director doesn't actually show you this but the psychological aspect of possibly seeing something like that got my head working over it.

Now the irony here is that by going to a Batman movie I will be seeing some violence...
but I hope you see what I am getting at. There are many, many, many other interweavings of the movie that connect all of these little "spotlight of human fecundity" throughout the movie. I was definitely emotionally drained after... but possibly a little more aware.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

I agree. They're one Batman movie away from making it the "Police Academy" of the Superhero genre.

Well maybe, but this one is a must see above all the others. Believe me.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes mostly we are swimming through b.s. and probably that is b.s. as well. I am just saying... it got me thinking. Mostly just that we humans need to wake up before we destroy ourselves. Basically that is the jest of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well where i live gonna have to wait for dvd.Noway im paying 12$ for any movie anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have read ALL of D4rk Knights threads and I can say I think he is a genuine ATS friend of mine. We often hung out in the chat room and chatted about all kinds of things INCLUDING his threads about project bluebeam.
He HONESTLY wrote in his threads his true beliefs and fears he was not pulling our leg.

I have NO CLUE what his thread could possibly have to do with a BATMAN movie besides the obviously shared TITLE of his ATS nickname and the movies name.
Sooooo I do not understand what the OP is trying to get at.......

According to D4ark ......the day/night ~Project Bluebeam~ goes into full swing is nicknamed THE DARK NIGHT, by the powers that have planned this out, and he says anyone who wants to survive it better be 'deep underground' or 'high & dry" with a large stockpile of canned goods and water.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My qs is who is the friend who told him this?Its it a government official?or like a prediction from someone?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe the guy that wrote the thread was putting a bug in our ears about the flick??

Or maybe he knows something? Or maybe he is paranoid?

Or maybe I am paranoid?

This is waaaay out there but maybe Heath Ledger knew something?

May he rest in peace, and nothing at all to hurt is reputation (please don't flame me because of this). It's a crazy idea I know but if there is any truth to that thread it may not be such a crazy question.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Go see the movie and you will know what I mean. I went at 3:30 in the afternoon and paid $6 -not as pick pocketing as $12.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Don't worry you didn't mean any harm....it might just be a coincidence of everything.People are on here to find truth is all.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

If I remember correctly, it's been awhile since I read the thread, the old man was a high up military man on his death bed. Like many other fearful whistle-blowers.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmm i don't think we have a time machine or stargate but who knows.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have to say, to myself as well as to all of you, it is rather funny to be screaming "truths" from affects of a blockbuster movie but you can find "truths" just about anywhere if you look hard enough. I'm just wondering if anyone else sees this possibility? I mean there were almost hints at 911 being of the same scenario as the main plot is in the movie where the powers that be chose the outcome. This was all through artistic cinematography, in my opinion. And this is why I decided to post this because I have been one who has not yet bought into the "inside job" idea.

Please no 911 propaganda I don't want to be "taught." But these visuals really will get the conspiracy theorist's mouth watering. And I never really bit until tonight when MY matrix somewhat changed in paradigm.

I'm telling you gotta see it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well maybe i will check it out if my gf wants to go.I don't think 911 is a inside job.I'm a skeptic of alot of things.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Be prepared to be blown away by the movie, by Heath Ledger's performance and by your own aftershock.

p.s. I think it's good to be a skeptic; any one who thinks they know the "truth" and have no where else to look are wearing blinders (this is not in reference to 911 because I too am not convinced). A truly good skeptic is at least open to the possibility of getting closer to the truth after reviewing the "facts."

-Don't forget to go to the afternoon show!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join