It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video! Green UFO sighted over Lake in Montana

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
##Warning! This video cantains extreme language!!##

This is interesting because of the lightning storm going on at the time of the sighting.. now they do state there is a military base closeby so who know what this is.. perhaps a research project but I will wait and let the skeptics have at it.
This video looks good to me.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by NGC2736]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ummm... is it just me, or does that look like a light close to the ground?
I really see no evidence of this being a UFO..... just saying....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
And another similar sighting also filmed during a thunderstorm coincidentally.

Is there something to both being filmed during a thunderstorm?

Are there any scientific explanations for these?

p.s. UFO shows up halfway through this video.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just did a search and there are quite a few reports of green orb sightings, though not all during thunderstorms, so I don't think could be the common feature:

www.ufocasebook.com...

1996-Northeast Knoxville, late summer, early evening. Clear night. Three of us were standing in front of a old home in Knoxville. It was a beautiful clear night. We were all chatting when out of nowhere, a green orb came from the east, very fast.

This one is an hour from where I live:

www.hbccufo.org...

Ufo report near UBC, Vancouver July 6,2008: ...We witnessed it for about 10 minutes before it disappeared for a few moments only to then reappear for another 5 minutes or so. At one point the green orb seemed to split into two green orbs then rejoin into one, also at one point there seemed to be a green tale that came from the orb extending vertically upwards...

At about 12:45 am, after the green orb disappeared I dropped my friend off about five minutes away and started to drive home alone. Here's where it gets weird. At 12:49 am I got a phone call on my cell from private number and when I answered heard a really strange series of high pitched tones with a static in the background. It lasted for about 10 seconds then the line went dead. A minute later my friend who I had just dropped off called me with the exact same experience with the phone call. I should state that my cell number has not been in use as it is not my normal cell and no one I know has the number."

Think its a little more than a trick of lighting. Though what I'm not sure. Seeing an orb isn't quite the same as a craft, although it could a cloaking of some kind.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I analayzed this video and found some interesting things..
First at 48 seconds during the lighting you can see an large object vertical and oblong suspended in the sky to the right of where the orb had been.

thank at about 1min and 2 seconds in there is another orb that comes off to the right of the green orb for a short time this one is red..

[edit on 18-7-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes they seem to be the same type of object as the video. I think however what freaked me out the most was that still shot I got of the oblong object that was revealed during the lightning... It was only there for a short time before the red orb appeared and then it was not seen again. I looked hard for it. could not find it again during any other lightning flashes.

a mothership perhaps?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Where are the debunkers when you need them?
The green object in this video is not even the most compelling..

That screenshot at about 48 seconds in during the lightning is just amazing and then the red orb that appeared not long afterwards then both disappeared or at least where not seen again.

And the funny thing is those filming it did not even notice the huge vertical oblong black object because it was only illuminated for such a short time period. They did not notice the red orb either.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder indeed. Someone should show up here. I just caught Larry King's most recent video at: www.realufos.net...

It was from another thread here, and was I ever surprised to see towards the end of the first video (part1), but green orbs.
And in one shot, you could make out the triangle craft within the shield, which is actually what I think the green is. In other words, when people see an orb, especially large enough to be a craft, its probably a craft.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
And another similar sighting also filmed during a thunderstorm coincidentally.

Is there something to both being filmed during a thunderstorm?

Are there any scientific explanations for these?

p.s. UFO shows up halfway through this video.

actually this one shows up in the exact same spot for a split second. The first second of the video. The driver does change direction later in the video and its in the same spot. I thinks its a reflection inside the car. Also each time a rain drop goes passed it, it should distort it, but it doesn't, because it's being reflected from inside.

The first video could be a laser as well, but this is what i saw with my own eyes and it didn't stay around as long and was higher up.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The first video seems pretty good to me but the second one looks like the cameras power light reflecting in the cars windshield because it seems to be moving with the camera movements.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
As cool as this is I believe it's fake that dot looks far too much like a high powered laser pointer (about 5mW or larger), this would explain why the light goes off when they move it because to move the laser at that distance would be very clumsily done. Also when he claims theres two lights going on, this is just a simple light bending trick which was probably involuntary and would also prove they were pointing the laser from inside a house or car because a window pane would cause this exact type of refraction, especially a car's. If you youtube search high powered lasers you can see some videos of these and you'll notice its a very similar shade of green as well.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by RadicalApex]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The post above mine proves that you can debunk anything if you try.

I thought the first vid was pretty good. The guy's voices sounded sincere too, not as if they were acting. Plus I've seen orbs too so it's not like they don't exist as far as I'm concerned. I'm surprised there aren't more videos of them.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

The guy's voices sounded sincere too, not as if they were acting.

Unless we know a person, how can we tell if they are sincere or acting? I mean, I could easily pretend to be shocked, scared, upset or any emotion and you would believe me. Its actually quite easy to fake. And if one is acting, well, then they could act sincere.

This isnt a knock on you at all. Just a general observation of comments I see quite often.

Im going with the "it is a laser and this is a hoax" theory. Id love to be wrong though

[edit on 19-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

There's more conveyed in the speech than just words. Interrogators can often tell when someone is lying for instance. The best actor is one who doesn't know he's acting. So if it was a laser beam, I think it would be more likely that whoever was shining the light wasn't a part of the group filming it.

I have a laser pointer though and I wouldn't be able to duplicate the way it sorta 'hangs' in front of the trees. Cue the cgi crowd. With cgi anything is possible!

The funny thing about ufo sightings is that there's *always* a mundane explanation. No matter how big the sighting or how many people see it... people will believe what they want to believe. Even if they meet an alien face to face... "Just some guy in a costume", or "biologically altered monkey". Mass landings? "Oh just the government faking it with their bluebeam tech".

Take your pick from any number of possible explanations. That's why I laugh every time people are trying to figure out if something is "real" or not. I can see their thought process develop right here on these forums and observe how they categorize some anomaly so that it fits within their preconceptions of reality. I would know.... I do it too. I simply don't believe that out of all these ufo clips we see every day, most of them are the result of some hoaxers. Maybe I just give a little more credit to humanity.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalApex

Who is holding the light? When the lightning flashes, I don't see anyone holding the laser light beam. If it were on a string, it would move around too much. I would rule out light beam laser for now.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalApex
As cool as this is I believe it's fake that dot looks far too much like a high powered laser pointer (about 5mW or larger), this would explain why the light goes off when they move it because to move the laser at that distance would be very clumsily done. Also when he claims theres two lights going on, this is just a simple light bending trick which was probably involuntary and would also prove they were pointing the laser from inside a house or car because a window pane would cause this exact type of refraction, especially a car's. If you youtube search high powered lasers you can see some videos of these and you'll notice its a very similar shade of green as well.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by RadicalApex]
While it may be similar.. I really am disheartened how many people have ignored the screenshots that I got off the first video they are the thing that I find most compelling about it.
That large oblong vertical black object is suspended in the air and only visible for a short time during a lightning flash. The red orb shows up then disappears not long afterward... PLEASE pay attention to these screenshots.. this is what I found most intriguing about that first video not the green orb at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

After looking at the green light in the first lightning flash (my computer cooperated with me), I will now state it is a reflection. The video is a hoax and the cylander was held up with a string.

Edited for content

[edit on 7/20/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I have a laser pointer though and I wouldn't be able to duplicate the way it sorta 'hangs' in front of the trees. Cue the cgi crowd. With cgi anything is possible!

This is what I immediately thought when I saw it. A green laser pointer in to the window. When the lighting flashes it look more like a reflection.

On top of that, the kids initially sound very fake, like my little brothers and I made "ghost" videos as children.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks NephraTari for bringing this video to my attention. I think the screen shots of yours are particularly compelling. Pardon my ignorance, but how do you take a screen shot? At 17 seconds in the video, there is a vertical shadow or object beneath the green object. It almost makes it look like a post under the object, but it also shifts somewhat, which might infer digital noise rather than an actual object. 17 seconds is just at the start of the first lightning flash.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Looking at the first video again -- for the sixth time -- I have to note that later on in the video, the object has moved to the right of the POV, and what I thought looked like a pole beneath it, in the subsequent lightning flash, now appears more like a reflection of the buildings across the water.

Again, good vid. I wish it were doing acrobatics or hard angles, however I'm sure I'd be saying phrases very similar to the photgraphers were I so fortunate as to see such a thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join