It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[WATCH] The Video that Brought the World Together.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I laughed at first then I cried. It's a shame that we will never be what that video tried to convey.

We cant be as demonstrated in this thread.

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

wow...I feel sad for you, so negative. Can you not just for a moment take the "media" aspect out of this video and see something positive in the fact that there are smiles generated from the actions of this "nerd"? Smiles, man, smiles, do you know what that is, a smile? Something you (we) need to so more often. Why do you have to put a negative connotation on this? Negative begets negative, ruin begets ruin, thus positive begets positive. I do not know you, obviously, however, you make me feel as if you are not a happy person, I'm not judging just observing based on a few words you spewed and a bit of selfish interpretation on my part. Who or how this video was made or that he has to much money and a camera and a lot of time on his hands is completely irrelevant , he made people feel good. It is sad that you do not see that.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Lighten up, man.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerAU

I read your post..and..it made me think..how wrong I was I feel like a fool now perhaps I will buy kitten and learn to nurture and love again.
More likely though I'll just go to gun range and work on my breathing so that my 3rd round is closer to the MPI so that my groupings improve.
Go Ye Forth & Be Fruitfull.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
reply to post by IvanZana

Sorry I Don't Feel ANYTHING..

I am so sorry. Please try and feel, its the only thing that will save mankind is to feel. This video and the free hug video feels like a warm summer breeze...I cant explain exactly why the summer breeze makes me feel good either but it does.

I give you permission to feel. It wont cost you a thing and it will make you feel good.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'm glad that you had a change of heart...the sarcasm was enlightening and further proves my point. Let me tell you this, while you were playing your little video games and pretending to be a tough kid I was defending this country overseas in the United States Marine Corps. You want to practice your breathing try it when your life is on the line and someone on the opposite side of your beliefs is also practicing their breathing. Ingrates make me sick. I've seen things that your cute little eyes, even while staring down your little 386 pistol sites while you are practicing your breathing squeezing off that mighty 3rd round on that safe firing range, that would haunt your dreams and change your life forever. Buy your proverbial little kitten and stroke it ever so softly and keep talking a big game, maybe one day, God forbid, you'll get kicked out of your sheltered little world and see the things I have seen. Maybe then you'll be able to appreciate seeing a few smiles on the faces of those who are less fortunate than you, who do not have the luxuries you enjoy everyday.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
goofy rich guy: get those kids over here! My Daddy is paying a lot of money for this.

poor child: meester i'm to tired to dance and smile

goofy rich guy: shut up and dance and smile or you won't get the cracker I promised you.

sick child: but I'm to ill with malaria to smile meester.

goofy rich guy: Hey! I told you guys...only healthy kids, don't want sick kids to ruin my positive video. I'll never beat Tay Zonday with these sickly brats you gave me. I'm going back to the Marriot until you guys can find me some happy children....Serge! get me another mayonnaise and bacon sandwich . Stat!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
well i laughed and laughed and laughed, then i had some kind of liquid seep out of my eyes just a little, just a little bit mind you, then i smiled from ear to ear, then my heart felt kinda funny, but i was sill smiling

loved it i think

trekker

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
goofy rich guy: get those kids over here! My Daddy is paying a lot of money for this.

He isnt a goofy rich guy. He saved money by working for his first trip. The other two were sponsored by a gum manufacturer.

Its the little things that change the world...

Now go look in the mirror and say "I will change the world today by changing the myself"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Done.

I looked in the mirror

Lost 20 pounds

Grew some hair back

I feel great about myself now.

Cool, that's all it took, the world's a great place and we all love each other.

Damn, I shouldn't have wasted all that time delivering Christmas hampers last Christmas.

I could have save thousands on time and materials at the downtown Mission that my company rescued from being condemned.

Finally I can cancel the 4 children that my wife insists on sponsoring in Africa.

Smiling and hugging someone sure is a hell of a lot easier than all this pointless stuff I've been doing.

All re-watch the video now, hopefully my stone-cold heart will allow an emotion.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

the video shows that in developing countries you can
film expressions of happiness without need in
hiring paid artists...

as such, these mostly fake expressions of pseudo-
happiness are fake, simulacrum which naturally
characterizes decadent societies. if that brings one
happiness, why not step outside - you are likely
to witness much more genuine smiles, mostly from
small kids - they still know what true laughter is.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Damn, it didn't work..... Just saw 3 new be-heading videos on liveleak.

I'll re-watch that video again.... damn it there are lives at stake!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I loved the video. I smiled all the way through it.

Crazy guy.

However, he wore the same clotes the whole time. Makes me wonder maybe its trick video he's not actually in those places. Cause he never changed clothing.

The video was cool though I liked it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
thank you so much for sharing this. I'm going to be passing this along to so many friends and family members..

its soo awesome the power of sharing a simple dance, and a smile.. can we take more time to cherish these things, instead of the materials that give us none of this...

ahhhh, thank you

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Thank you. Really nice video, going to keep it for possible cases of severe depression attacks. This guy is doing really worthy thing in my opinion, if he meant it from the start or not.
I thought you said the movie had ghosts in it, all I see is terrorist dancing.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
We need more videos like this to make us happy, laugh, ect., thanks for sharing this.

Watch this one

[edit on /7/18/08 by scar]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by wrathchild

Are you upset because this man has managed to convey to us all what you would like to?

We are all the same...
Stop seeing the bad in things and start seeing them for what they are , without jealousy or hate.

QS, I dig many of your posts...but why are you telling someone else what to do? You've attempted to command [what we assume is] another human being to do what you want him/her to do. Are you going to Bohemian Grove this month?

I, for one, enjoyed the video tremendously. Even though, as a previous poster mentioned, it was sponsored by a chewing gum company, which shall remain nameless. Far be it from me to shill during the off-season.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I enjoyed the video it renewed a little bit of hope that we wont completely destroy ourselves. Also its sad how many people on hear only look at the negative side of things

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I thank you for taking the time to post this, and I respect the fact that it makes people "happy"....However I just see a moron wasting daddy's money

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I would have loved to see Matt dance his little jig in Afghanistan while the Taliban was still in power!

Now that would have been interesting... I also noticed he didn't quite make it to Pakistan..hhmmm...i wonder why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join